James Baggott

How To Be A Car Dealer Digital Magazine OUT NOW

Morning all

You may have noticed in Car Dealer Magazine over the last year we have been running a feature called 'So You Wanna Be A Car Dealer'. We've now collated all the features into one digital magazine designed for those new to the trade.

It has hints and tips from the professionals and everything a new dealer needs to know to get started. 

This idea came as a direct result of this forum - a place where many new dealers arrive when looking for advice. Those new members often post questions in this forum - well, now there's a place they can get everything they need to know.

The digital edition called How To Be A Car Dealer is available to be read on all platforms - desktop, mobile or iPad - and costs £9.99. 

You can find it here:

https://issuu.com/blackballmedia/docs/htbacd_multipage

I hope it proves of use to those of you looking to start out in the trade. And if it doesn't contain the answers you need, I'm sure those tricky questions can be answered by our experienced members in our forum.

Enjoy!

James Baggott

CEO of the Baize Group, publishers of Car Dealer Magazine

DqcJwtwWkAE1dhy.jpg

• Like 2

I seem to remember mentioning this a while back?:huh:

Well done though!:D

• Like 1

So we don't have to answer their questions and just fob them off to the book?? Result. :lol:

"Well, the first investment you should make in your new car sales business is to buy the 'How To Be A Car Dealer Digital Magazine'..."

• Like 1

Are these potential sausage rolls small or large ? I’ll work for a man size pasty and a large sausage roll but not the small MF small sausage rolls..... 

Oh, and James can I have a like and edit button included ;)

4 hours ago, James Baggott said:

Of course! I pay in Greggs sausage rolls deferred for five years pending claw backs of pasties 

Make sure the sausage rolls are cold or they will attract VAT.As I am quoted in the guide,I am happy to accept Greggs pastie options which vest in 5 years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scooby who said:

Will there be a printed hard copy version at all?

Not yet. We thought about it but weren’t sure about demand. The digital issue was the easiest way to publish it now and gauge that. Not ruling it out for the future though

1 minute ago, Dealer said:

Steak bakes? 

Oh no, we’re not heathens 

8 hours ago, James Baggott said:

Not yet. We thought about it but weren’t sure about demand. The digital issue was the easiest way to publish it now and gauge that. Not ruling it out for the future though

Oh no, we’re not heathens 

Shouldn't it be "The ultimate guide to 'becoming' a car dealer"?

It's about the journey not the destination:D

• Like 1

Just downloaded. Very interesting quite a bit of common sense but some really good insight. The auction section was particularly helpful.

Would recommend anyone new to read before they post questions in the forum.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DCS01 said:

Just downloaded. Very interesting quite a bit of common sense but some really good insight. The auction section was particularly helpful.

Would recommend anyone new to read before they post questions in the forum.

I'm delighted it's been of use and thanks for the recommendation to others! 

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

Are these potential sausage rolls small or large ? I’ll work for a man size pasty and a large sausage roll but not the small MF small sausage rolls..... 

Oh, and James can I have a like and edit button included ;)

I was reading the forum with my 5 year old son who afterwards said to me "Daddy can't mummy eat a Man-size pasty?"

I said of course not Pasties are strictly for real men only !  And also, due to your mum putting on a bit of timber lately she needs to stay well clear of pork related pastries and stick to salad, otherwise I'm off. We laughed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RH Trading said:

I was reading the forum with my 5 year old son who afterwards said to me "Daddy can't mummy eat a Man-size pasty?"

I said of course not Pasties are strictly for real men only !  And also, due to your mum putting on a bit of timber lately she needs to stay well clear of pork related pastries and stick to salad, otherwise I'm off. We laughed

Bought and read this tonight. Brilliant read and extremely informative guideline that give a great insight into what to expect as a newbie. 

With regards to self provided warranties, is there a lawgistics style document as to what I would and wouldn't be obliged to offer the customer. 

I'm only trading from home atm, only just starting out and afraid customers wouldn't take me as a credible/responsible dealer without some legal document to outline what sort of warranties they will be provided with. 

10 hours ago, Wayne_202 said:

Bought and read this tonight. Brilliant read and extremely informative guideline that give a great insight into what to expect as a newbie. 

With regards to self provided warranties, is there a lawgistics style document as to what I would and wouldn't be obliged to offer the customer. 

I'm only trading from home atm, only just starting out and afraid customers wouldn't take me as a credible/responsible dealer without some legal document to outline what sort of warranties they will be provided with. 

Really glad you enjoyed it! Great to have feedback. 

I would suggest contacting Lawgistics directly about the above.