Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

October so far good / bad?

Well our best ever month so far In October with 3 today and pushing 15 cars sold with stock of only 12. Starting to get into a groove now with some nice car buying at the auctions sticking to higher grade stuff and taking less risks.

Putting some cash away for possibly the quiet winter months now to get me through as it’s my first ever winter and I don’t know what to expect.

hows everyone else done?

• Like 1

Worst month in the last four years for us. However we did seven today which has helped the month out no end. Good to hear some of you are having it away, that isn't the general feeling around our way.

9 hours ago, grant8064 said:

that isn't the general feeling around our way.

No it’s not around here either. I’ve made wages but that’s about all, most of the time even the ‘last price’ brigade can’t even be arsed this month. Many in this game are howling about how bad it is. The only punters doing business seem to be those that have to - either their lease is ending or, at my end of the market, because their car is completely knackered.

Crap. Done 4 or 5, usually on at least 15 by now.

Absolutely terrible, just made enough to keep the lights on and on top of that had an accident in the recovery truck the other day run into the back of an older chap who pulled out on me and then slammed on for no reason whatsoever.. his excuse "I'm not familiar with an auto and pressed the wrong pedal"..

Our new ‘old pitch’ eventually started up early in the month with 15 cars having taken awhile to set up.Website just went live 5 days ago.Nice stock,some small stuff,a few SUVs all good prices.We are on AT and the local rag and this used to be a prolific pitch,it is in a very busy location.We have not got it right yet with Descriptions and photos and no videos yet but the bottom line is,we have only done 3 and bought 2 in at the door.I think this is going to be a challenge even though we are only aiming to recoup the equivalent of the rent we were getting.If I had not been in this job so long,I would probably be worried.I am already thinking our stock is wrong.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Our new ‘old pitch’ eventually started up early in the month with 15 cars having taken awhile to set up.Website just went live 5 days ago.Nice stock,some small stuff,a few SUVs all good prices.We are on AT and the local rag and this used to be a prolific pitch,it is in a very busy location.We have not got it right yet with Descriptions and photos and no videos yet but the bottom line is,we have only done 3 and bought 2 in at the door.I think this is going to be a challenge even though we are only aiming to recoup the equivalent of the rent we were getting.If I had not been in this job so long,I would probably be worried.I am already thinking our stock is wrong.

What’s your website TV - I recall seeing you CG mock up of the site, now I’d like to see real deal.

At the moment it’s punters’ finances that are wrong. You can have the best stock in the world but if the great British public ain’t buying, they ain’t buying.

Someone’s selling, BCA prices are a joke up here at the min. It’s like January all over again.

2 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Someone’s selling, BCA prices are a joke up here at the min. It’s like January all over again.

Of course people are selling.  listening to some of the traders on here you’d think we were all doomed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EPV said:

Of course people are selling.  listening to some of the traders on here you’d think we were all doomed. 

Well said EPV. The job is a bit patchy but that is how the job is and always has been. There are a few that are absolutely flying this month, good luck to them....we all get our turn.

12 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

Well said EPV. The job is a bit patchy but that is how the job is and always has been. There are a few that are absolutely flying this month, good luck to them....we all get our turn.

Indeed. Nick MK is having his best month ever profit wise, AD had his third best month last month and has had a nice steady month this month, Mark 101 is having a nice month now after a slow start, Rory’s slow month has picked up nicely and those are just the ones I know about. 

Ebb and flow. 

28 minutes ago, BHM said:

At the moment it’s punters’ finances that are wrong

NO.

We get them out in a £10K+ car with £500-£1000 deposit in under 40 minutes and in under 4.5% interest. Rates are still very low, the lenders are still lending and at this moment there is nothing wrong with people's finances. 

They want cars, they are buying, looking, travelling to buy, as long as you reply to their enquiry. 

3 minutes ago, EPV said:

Nick MK is having his best month ever profit wise

We must've typed our replies at the same time. I am indeed having a great month and nearly broke every record with 3 viewings yesterday on 3 cars BUT the only record I actually broke was my high blood pressure. And blood temperature. And redness in skin colour. 

One didn't buy because of a panel gap too wide (his pound coin shouldn't have fit in that gap, I had a photo in my ad showing it was absolutely fine), the other has been here before and went away to think some more and the third loved the car, loved everything and just felt the need to see another "few" examples to be sure. "Can I do anything to make you forget the other examples? Yes, you can knock off £800 from your price. Erm, the M25 is 3 miles that way"...

audi front.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

What’s your website TV - I recall seeing you CG mock up of the site, now I’d like to see real deal.

Hi Mark

sellyourcar2us.co.uk..........it’s a bit ‘non league’ at the moment......all criticism welcome.

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Indeed. Nick MK is having his best month ever profit wise, AD had his third best month last month and has had a nice steady month this month, Mark 101 is having a nice month now after a slow start, Rory’s slow month has picked up nicely and those are just the ones I know about. 

Ebb and flow. 

I had a very shaky start with just one in the first 10 days but it has come back and averaged a deal a day since the 11th until yesterday. There is always business getting done, just got to keep at it.

Well it’s been hammering down in Essex today, but suns now out finally and customers beginning to show

38 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Well it’s been hammering down in Essex today, but suns now out finally

A friend of mine (from Chelmsford) says that the sun is always out in Essex :lol:

Hi Mark

sellyourcar2us.co.uk..........it’s a bit ‘non league’ at the moment......all criticism welcome.

I think you’ve got a nice spread of stock and clearly you recognise the crossover market is where it’s at - I agree for what it is worth.

Nice site, plenty of bells and whistles but very easy to navigate.

9 hours ago, stockedup! said:

In my day job we missed budget by quite a bit in September 32 from a target of 39. This month 45 with a target of 42. Haven’t done much different. Just the way it goes sometimes. 

My 1st sales manager told me its like a wheel....sometimes you are at the top, sometimes you are at the bottom. You just need to remember when you at either end you could be at the other the next month!

12 hours ago, trade vet said:

Hi Mark

I think its quite good . Just looked it up.

I am not breaking any records but had a pretty good October with a real early flourish and then this past week. Bit in the middle was a bit dead.

Worst month of the year for me to date by a long shot.

Not disastrous but no where near previous months. 

Onwards and upwards! 

34 minutes ago, James01 said:

Worst month of the year for me to date by a long shot.

Not disastrous but no where near previous months. 

Onwards and upwards! 

+1 (except when I’ve been away on holiday). I’ve made a few grand, so the wolf has been kept from the door, but that’s all. 

All of a sudden interest has spiked upwards. Unfortunately it’s all of the last price brigade, Nigerians (by the accent) “coming tomorrow” (do they ever turn up??), pathetic emails, bottom feeding locals, two phone punters shat their pants when I’ve agreed to THEIR p/x valuation, and today I’ve even been stood-up on a viewing (a “cash man” talking the talk but obviously unable to walk the walk). 

agreed, I have had an amazing year massively up on last year and most individual months both units and net profit a healthy increase but this month is a wake up call that you should take nothing for granted, Hope my lucky coins and my Buddha help me to a better month November

Well it fizzled out for me with 11 sold (1 in the past 10 days). That’s by now means bad with an average of 11 advertised. I’m definitely getting nutter emails at the moment though....

On 28/10/2018 at 11:02 PM, lastyboy said:

I think its quite good . Just looked it up.

I am not breaking any records but had a pretty good October with a real early flourish and then this past week. Bit in the middle was a bit dead.

Thank you....it might look OK,We are getting traders in wanting to buy stuff we haven’t got and ‘chucky reps’ touting for business but otherwise it is very quiet...As for retailing,.I might just crash the prices and start again and try something different,I have done that before.