Sign in to follow this  
Marc

AT pay as you go

I sell three to four cars a month max so as of now autotrader pay as you go suits me. what doesn't suit me is damn layout of the advert..

My ads are a bit different from the norm and it works for me. Why the hell can't AT publish an ad in the way you construct it ie with spacing between paragraphs.The ad ends up looking like a jumbled up mess.

I take it dealers with an account can format the ad to their liking? also the website needs some work to make it android browser friendly ...

• Like 1

PAYG ads on AT are very basic really especially considering the price, if you want to space between paragraphs try putting some false stops after each sentence ............ it will space it out in the adverts a bit to make it less jumbled !

Try putting _______ between paragraphs. Doesn’t look amazing but better than one long paragraph. 

Pretty piss poor tho, isn't it? Private sellers ads on the auto trader app look better. The app is useless if your trade pay as you go which means using windows operating system(agony). I've complained a few times about it 

6 minutes ago, P118 said:

I'm also on pay as you go how do you upload a video?

Not 100% but i dont think you can with PAYG

12 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

Not 100% but i dont think you can with PAYG

I thought that but when you upload pictures it says upload pictures or video but wouldn't surprise me you don't get much as pay as you go.

I keep thinking of going on the 5+2 contract but haven't took the leap 

have you thought about it?

Edited by P118

1 hour ago, P118 said:

I'm also on pay as you go how do you upload a video?

You can't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P118 said:

I thought that but when you upload pictures it says upload pictures or video but wouldn't surprise me you don't get much as pay as you go.

I keep thinking of going on the 5+2 contract but haven't took the leap 

have you thought about it?

Havent even looked at the price of there packages as of yet, still deciding weather to just go with AT, or with ebay and the rest

3 minutes ago, iJCS1 said:

We have ATM or smart buying as they call it now on PAYG basis! & think we'll be cancelling that as well.. 

Autotrader a big hassle & extremely expensive compared to other sites!

If you can make it work outside of AT then good luck to you mate.

3 minutes ago, iJCS1 said:

We have ATM or smart buying as they call it now on PAYG basis! & think we'll be cancelling that as well.. 

Autotrader a big hassle & extremely expensive compared to other sites!

How much do you pay for that and what do they actual give you?

Those of you that do the pay as you go Autotrader adverts, What level do you go in at?

Prices range from 24.95+vat to 40.95+vat, What do most of you do? 

24 minutes ago, Frankieola said:

Those of you that do the pay as you go Autotrader adverts, What level do you go in at?

Prices range from 24.95+vat to 40.95+vat, What do most of you do? 

This is for the basic advert... if you want the sponsored and mobile view priority it’s even more money.

I have found that if you pay for the premium advert it’s worth it, but at the normal basic price i.e not sponsored I have better success on EBay Classifieds. 

It is very much dependent on cars. Honda - Volvo buyers will certainly look on Autotrader.

Our original pitch pays out a fortune to AT.However at our new one ,for the moment we have a 5+2 AT starter pack and I think it costs just over £2 per day per car.I don’t know whether this is a special deal but I found that the lady I dealt with at AT was very helpfull and as good as her word which is quite rare these days.If anyone is interested I can get her contact number as she works from home and has been with AT for many years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Our original pitch pays out a fortune to AT.However at our new one ,for the moment we have a 5+2 AT starter pack and I think it costs just over £2 per day per car.I don’t know whether this is a special deal but I found that the lady I dealt with at AT was very helpfull and as good as her word which is quite rare these days.If anyone is interested I can get her contact number as she works from home and has been with AT for many years.

Dare I say it, that sounds reasonable.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

That sounds about right on the starter 5+2 package.  I went on standard (which weirdly is two packages higher) and reckon more like £3 per car per day.  Now I'm on premium and reckon that is a fiver per car per day - almost as much as my lunch per day.

3 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

That sounds about right on the starter 5+2 package.  I went on standard (which weirdly is two packages higher) and reckon more like £3 per car per day.  Now I'm on premium and reckon that is a fiver per car per day - almost as much as my lunch per day.

so, make your own lunch at home everyday and one car advert per day is a freebie:)

Just now, boring dave said:

so, make your own lunch at home everyday and one car advert per day is a freebie:)

I was talking about my lunch costing the same as 5+2 @ £5 = £35 :lol:

Being next door to a cafe doesn't work out well for a fatty like me.

pay as you go option is a complete mess. Add 26pics.. Pay for the 20 photo option and you'll find you get the extra photographs. Zero effort from autotraders on the pay as you go option to even check basics 

As I said earlier a private ad using the auto trader app is ten times easier and looks 10times better .

12 hours ago, trade vet said:

I'm interested 

I think it is well worth upgrading the package, just so you can monitor how your adverts are tracking compared to similar, plus the easy use of finding out a retail price on the spot.