Sign in to follow this  
stockedup!

Don't you just love it when....

I had a customer on Sunday who came to see a beautiful Mazda MX5 I had for sale. I spent well over an hour with him, test driving the car for 20 mins and he seemed very happy with everything. Whilst out on the drive I found out he had been looking for about 3 months and had seen quite a few cars, I was confident he would buy mine. When we got back I asked him if he was happy with the car and he said yes so I motioned that we go and do some paperwork. I was amazed when he said that he didn't want to rush into something.....he had been looking for 3 months ffs. I reminded him he had been looking for a while and he had just told me he was happy with the car.....he was hardly rushing into it. As a parting shot I asked how bothered would you be if you went away and someone else came and bought it. He was confident that that was not going to happen as the car had been advertised for a while and he was going to make a decision "in the very near future".

Well, you guessed it, a chap came yesterday and bought it within 20 mins and took it straight away.

The best bit, the guy from Sunday has just been on the phone wanting to come and have another look....."I am sorry sir but the car has sold"...…..you could of heard a pin drop followed by"I really wanted that car"...…..I Love this job LOL

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

I had a customer on Sunday who came to see a beautiful Mazda MX5 I had for sale. I spent well over an hour with him, test driving the car for 20 mins and he seemed very happy with everything. Whilst out on the drive I found out he had been looking for about 3 months and had seen quite a few cars, I was confident he would buy mine. When we got back I asked him if he was happy with the car and he said yes so I motioned that we go and do some paperwork. I was amazed when he said that he didn't want to rush into something.....he had been looking for 3 months ffs. I reminded him he had been looking for a while and he had just told me he was happy with the car.....he was hardly rushing into it. As a parting shot I asked how bothered would you be if you went away and someone else came and bought it. He was confident that that was not going to happen as the car had been advertised for a while and he was going to make a decision "in the very near future".

Well, you guessed it, a chap came yesterday and bought it within 20 mins and took it straight away.

The best bit, the guy from Sunday has just been on the phone wanting to come and have another look....."I am sorry sir but the car has sold"...…..you could of heard a pin drop followed by"I really wanted that car"...…..I Love this job LOL

Got to be the best feeling, like we chose cars that are not the best around! :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Area 51 said:

Got to be the best feeling, like we chose cars that are not the best around! :D

I have a few shitters here mind :lol:

36 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

Double like.

Amazing. 

He’s what BHM would call a nearly man. 

I nearly went to the Caribbean. I nearly bought an MX5. 

• Like 1

When I was selling cars I was almost happy to lose to the commission to another salesman just to know a customer that dicked me about had lost the car:

’if it’s mean’t to be it’s meant to be’ was my most hated saying 

from a slightly different angle, i have a punter coming on saturday, a genuine first time buyer, messaged me, well after 3 messages i've got bored and not replied, in all the 3 messages i've replied to i've said, phone me, this customer is of the opinion they dont need to phone, even to confirm before setting off, because i tell you know, if they message me sat morning that theyre on there way, i will not reply , so, please sell tomorrow,  please sell tomorrow, please sell tomorrow:D

I had a lengthy email conversation with a chap who’s spoken English isn’t good. The only time I would entertain it. Any other time it’s a couple of emails and then “ring me”

anyway he’s back and forth about the price of the car, then the valuation of his gem of a 12 year old Mazda, before going quiet. I had another enquiry the following day so I chased the initial bloke up out of courtesy to be told “i’ll let you know this afternoon”

well blow me I took a dipper off enquiry number 2 and one hour later received an email off billy number one proudly telling me he will take the car. Erm, you won’t sunshine...

On 16/10/2018 at 7:31 PM, EPV said:

Amazing. 

He’s what BHM would call a nearly man. 

I nearly went to the Caribbean. I nearly bought an MX5. 

Too right. This country’s full of Nearly Men at the moment.

19 hours ago, EPV said:

I had a lengthy email conversation with a chap who’s spoken English isn’t good. The only time I would entertain it. Any other time it’s a couple of emails and then “ring me”

anyway he’s back and forth about the price of the car, then the valuation of his gem of a 12 year old Mazda, before going quiet. I had another enquiry the following day so I chased the initial bloke up out of courtesy to be told “i’ll let you know this afternoon”

well blow me I took a dipper off enquiry number 2 and one hour later received an email off billy number one proudly telling me he will take the car. Erm, you won’t sunshine...

Tbh an email from Johnny telling you he’ll take the car usually amounts to sweet f.a. anyway - how on earth business is conducted in the various souks & bizarres around the world is beyond me.