Sign in to follow this  
whitestone679231

What a day

So local rag cocks up on price of a car that we advertised, should be £19995 and they put £1995, phone never stops and they were actually serious, one woman actually threatened me with trading standards if i didnt honour price!!! Then I had guy this week on a 2004 smart car wanted me to take it to Mercedes for inspection,,, i said no, so he arranges for RAC to come here and inspect it, nice RAC guy came but as he said the car is 14yr old and guy seems to be expecting the earth,,, he faults it on few bits,, so I have just got e mail off the "customer" who says "I will not be proceeding with the purchase of your smart car due to numerous faults (car was MOT,d Monday) I do obviously expect you to reimburse my £300 RAC inspection fee"  FFS,,, then to cap it all guy just e-mailed me on 99 Bentley Arnage at £20k I am prepared to purchase your car subject to inspection I will want finance over 5 years with nil deposit,,,, how the fcuk does he expect to run a Bentley if he cant find a dipper.... RANT OVER ITS FRIDAY I AM GOING TO GET PISSED,,, HAPPY WEEKEND FOLKS.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

So local rag cocks up on price of a car that we advertised, should be £19995 and they put £1995, phone never stops and they were actually serious, one woman actually threatened me with trading standards if i didnt honour price!!! Then I had guy this week on a 2004 smart car wanted me to take it to Mercedes for inspection,,, i said no, so he arranges for RAC to come here and inspect it, nice RAC guy came but as he said the car is 14yr old and guy seems to be expecting the earth,,, he faults it on few bits,, so I have just got e mail off the "customer" who says "I will not be proceeding with the purchase of your smart car due to numerous faults (car was MOT,d Monday) I do obviously expect you to reimburse my £300 RAC inspection fee"  FFS,,, then to cap it all guy just e-mailed me on 99 Bentley Arnage at £20k I am prepared to purchase your car subject to inspection I will want finance over 5 years with nil deposit,,,, how the fcuk does he expect to run a Bentley if he cant find a dipper.... RANT OVER ITS FRIDAY I AM GOING TO GET PISSED,,, HAPPY WEEKEND FOLKS.

You couldn't make this stuff up could you! One of the reasons we stopped using the local rag, useless tw*ts!! Enjoy your pint and have one for me! Cheers

8 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

Tomorrow's another day mate - enjoy the bevvies! (ps, was half expecting "I shifted 10 today!" - maybe next week!)

2 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

was half expecting "I shifted 10 today!"

I shifted two but very nearly only shifted one and wrote off the other. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whitestone679231 said:

Sorry first caller offered £1800

"Yes but it's depreciated further since the call! Lost £18,000 on day one so another £300 for several hours sounds possible. Send me your bank details and I will transfer my £50 deposit. I assume you will be happy to hold it for me until payday?"

Life in the city mate. It happens. 

I dont mind the RAC inspections, they’re a bit more sensible than the AA.

I’ve learnt to state via email beforehand, that any inspection they undertake is on them and we are not responsible for the loss of that money if they don’t buy the junk  

Your Bentley guy: can you not strap up for him for a personal loan? Zebra Finance will deal with this for example.  

(Just come back from the pub. My Mrs once again asking me what I want for dinner! You’d have thought that by now she’d stop asking me for an opinion!)

3 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Your Bentley guy: can you not strap up for him for a personal loan? Zebra Finance will deal with this for example.  

Do I really need him as a customer?? He Can’t find a dipper... who’s he gonna call when it needs tyres feeking Ghost busters? 

26 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

"Yes but it's depreciated further since the call! Lost £18,000 on day one so another £300 for several hours sounds possible. Send me your bank details and I will transfer my £50 deposit. I assume you will be happy to hold it for me until payday?"

It yours as long as you collect b4 8pm tonight

At least you're getting enquiries of a sort. Dead day so decided to take a bit of stock for a run...on the side of a verge 20 mins later awaiting a recovery truck with a flashing oil light and lots of smoke. 

Thank f**k it's the weekend.

26 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

At least you're getting enquiries of a sort. Dead day so decided to take a bit of stock for a run...on the side of a verge 20 mins later awaiting a recovery truck with a flashing oil light and lots of smoke. 

Thank f**k it's the weekend.

Better you than a billy I suppose 

3 hours ago, whitestone679231 said:

20 minutes ago, EPV said:

Better you than a billy I suppose 

That was kinda my view once i'd given it a Basil Fawlty style thrashing

13 hours ago, grant8064 said:

That was kinda my view once i'd given it a Basil Fawlty style thrashing

What is it grant? A bmw 320i? lol

We had our Autotrader account hacked a few years ago and phantom cars and prices put on.  In the several hours until it was sorted we had about 50 calls and several people turned up expecting a 2 year old Evoque for £8k etc.

Just had one woman ring us 

is the Megan Cup for sale still . " yes " 

We are weekend cash buyers . " Ok " 

Are you in a position to take 85 " 85 what " 

8 50 , " you mean £8,500  " 

Yes 

"Its £9,495 my dear so you want a thousand pound off the price" .

Yes    " NO " 

"You want more than we do out of it "

But your getting £8,500, what more do want out of it " She says " 

Customers this week are all on drugs I reckon , had the most dopey requests ever 

Number 2 

I like your Z4 , Its a px 04 plate . 

Customer request , Can you send me a price to have my sat nav and canton sound system took out of my dads car and put into the Z4 , I will send you my post code so you can arrange to remove the unit from dads car ,also I think the speakers need updating so can you arrange the purchase of 2nd hand ones from ebay as I'm short of cash till pay day .  When your man is here to remove Sat Nav  i will send you £500 deposit back with him . Then collect on 14th Nov .

Its a 14 yr old Z4 :) , his dad has a 15 plate Octavia , and he is 200 miles away . 

The  resounding reply sent back was " NO "  what a plonker :) 

Some funny people out there reading what every one else has had 

Number 3 

Email this morning 

Hi we bought a fiesta off you Thursday .

"ok " 

It catches when going over speed bumps .

Reply SLOW DOWN THEN .

Email back , Thanks for the advice , its a lovely car by the way .

Totally Bloody NUTS they are 

Number 4 

Young woman comes in for MOT yesterday Aygo ,, takes it for her this morning , failed on de laminated tyres on both rears .

Hi Marie its failed on tyres , both rear ones , £40 + Vat fitted each , oh have you got any you can lend me , :) er no .

Suppose I can stay in this weekend if its totally necessary " There Fecking tyres and its winter " ffs girl get a grip .  

Waiting for one more customer and I'm off , out for dinner :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Number 3 

Email this morning 

"ok " 

Reply SLOW DOWN THEN .

I died at this :lol:

They're either unreasonable nut cases or proper buyers at the moment. Just had the fussiest sale followed by the easiest sale ever. 

1 hour ago, Contracts said:

We had our Autotrader account hacked a few years ago and phantom cars and prices put on.  In the several hours until it was sorted we had about 50 calls and several people turned up expecting a 2 year old Evoque for £8k etc.

Had similar a 12 month SAAB Estate should have been £15999 - advertised at £5999 !! had about 50 calls on various cars for couple of days until it got resolved! One lady I couldn't get through to her... No wonder these people get scammed, I said HOW do you expect to buy a car for £6k when the market value is circa £15k - it's just 12 month sold !! #NoWords 

19 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Just had one woman ring us 

is the Megan Cup for sale still . " yes " 

We are weekend cash buyers . " Ok " 

Are you in a position to take 85 " 85 what " 

8 50 , " you mean £8,500  " 

Yes 

"Its £9,495 my dear so you want a thousand pound off the price" .

Yes    " NO " 

"You want more than we do out of it "

But your getting £8,500, what more do want out of it " She says " 

Customers this week are all on drugs I reckon , had the most dopey requests ever 

Number 2 

I like your Z4 , Its a px 04 plate . 

Customer request , Can you send me a price to have my sat nav and canton sound system took out of my dads car and put into the Z4 , I will send you my post code so you can arrange to remove the unit from dads car ,also I think the speakers need updating so can you arrange the purchase of 2nd hand ones from ebay as I'm short of cash till pay day .  When your man is here to remove Sat Nav  i will send you £500 deposit back with him . Then collect on 14th Nov .

Its a 14 yr old Z4 :) , his dad has a 15 plate Octavia , and he is 200 miles away . 

The  resounding reply sent back was " NO "  what a plonker :) 

Some funny people out there reading what every one else has had 

Number 3 

Email this morning 

"ok " 

Reply SLOW DOWN THEN .

Number 4 

Young woman comes in for MOT yesterday Aygo ,, takes it for her this morning , failed on de laminated tyres on both rears .

Hi Marie its failed on tyres , both rear ones , £40 + Vat fitted each , oh have you got any you can lend me , :) er no .

Suppose I can stay in this weekend if its totally necessary " There Fecking tyres and its winter " ffs girl get a grip .  

Waiting for one more customer and I'm off , out for dinner :) 

More stuff for your upcoming book David ! :) #BestSeller 

i would just love some tyre kickers to just

well

kick some tyres

ive only got a magpie for company

3 minutes ago, boring dave said:

i would just love some tyre kickers to just

well

kick some tyres

ive only got a magpie for company

That's 'cos your boring Dave :lol:

9 minutes ago, umesh said:

Had similar a 12 month SAAB Estate should have been £15999 - advertised at £5999 !! had about 50 calls on various cars for couple of days until it got resolved! One lady I couldn't get through to her... No wonder these people get scammed, I said HOW do you expect to buy a car for £6k when the market value is circa £15k - it's just 12 month sold !! #NoWords 

More stuff for your upcoming book David ! :) #BestSeller 

In the meantime another has just emailed me Umesh from north wales .

Z4 Again , Hi how much is delivery to wales LL12 

£350 , you pay driver when he gets there as no VAT then . 

Reply , would you take £350 off the price so I can pay him OMG . 

October is getting very weird . 

18 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

(Just come back from the pub. My Mrs once again asking me what I want for dinner! You’d have thought that by now she’d stop asking me for an opinion!)

Or just get your kebab ready for you with plenty of mayonnaise and lots of salt and vinegar on the chips - FFS, when will they learn, that’s all a bevvied up man wants to eat.

23 minutes ago, umesh said:

Had similar a 12 month SAAB

Amazing Umesh - didn’t Saab go pop at least 3 years ago, where can you find these nearly new ones?

Edited by Mark101
  • Like 1