Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

October

33 minutes ago, tradex said:

I can't help but watch our guy when he pops in, truly amazing what a good one can do.

I've seen before and after photos and can genuinely say that our guy is an absolute wizzard, he even manufactures very specific tools for his own use. 

"£50 for under 10 minutes of work? That's crazy!"

No Mr Customer, the £50 are for the many years of learning and practice that it takes to be able to do what I do in under 10 minutes

6 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Its dead here today. Utterly dead.

So my busy morning is exception, not the rule. 

Been emailing this chap since 7am responding to a few questions, the last one "can we view on Sunday". Yes you can, in the morning, until 12ish:

"Ok. No problem would not be able to make that sort of time as we have a very small baby it would have to be probably an afternoon. Early evening. So if okay if still available next week will maybe come down next Saturday. Thank you for your time

Sent from my iPhone"

38 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I've seen before and after photos and can genuinely say that our guy is an absolute wizzard, he even manufactures very specific tools for his own use. 

"£50 for under 10 minutes of work? That's crazy!"

No Mr Customer, the £50 are for the many years of learning and practice that it takes to be able to do what I do in under 10 minutes

I am glad you appreciate the effort us guys have made to learn this trade.

Scraped 3 proper deals this week

had enough customers to do 9 but some strange enquiries

We are on 16 for the month so all being well early 20s looks on as we’ve got some decent stock. Infact some of the strange enquiries have been on the mint stuff we have! 

Now done two, took a punt from in a Galaxy out of MOT. Turns out that was a silly idea, needs discs and has a whole in the sill. Have eBayed it spares or repairs. Hope not to take a pill.

On 20/10/2018 at 9:22 AM, tradex said:

Well done that man, Arthur you are a goldmine of 80's music trivia sirB)

If he’s like me the 80’s were the last time I was happy

On 20/10/2018 at 1:57 PM, Screenman said:

I am glad you appreciate the effort us guys have made to learn this trade.

i quote the phrase anyone can hold a hammer but it needs experience to know where to hit with  the thing

this is why its always best to shoo the customer offbefore you give his car the magic potion or they feel they havent had value for money

and if they leave it with you to fix on a warranty issue or indeed a paid fix dont ring them before 4.00pm to say its ready, this way they again feel they have got value for money (took me a long time to realise this but this information is free on here,)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DCS01 said:

Now done two, took a punt from in a Galaxy out of MOT. Turns out that was a silly idea, needs discs and has a whole in the sill. Have eBayed it spares or repairs. Hope not to take a pill.

Cheap Romanian battle bus !

• Like 2

We are having our best month ever and still 9 days left. 3 this weekend and 5 last weekend. Need to stock up quick time tomorrow and Tuesday but won’t be buying just for the sake of it.....

Had a bmw 1 series in stock for 2 days and sold immediately after listing on auto trader.... crazy busy in Rayleigh / Essex 

On 20/10/2018 at 7:23 AM, Arfur Dealy said:

Yaz 

And the plastic population, I still have the extended version lp 

much to my kids humour. 

9 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

We are having our best month ever and still 9 days left. 3 this weekend and 5 last weekend. Need to stock up quick time tomorrow and Tuesday but won’t be buying just for the sake of it.....

Had a bmw 1 series in stock for 2 days and sold immediately after listing on auto trader.... crazy busy in Rayleigh / Essex 

Hey Grant, you are 3 miles from me... please send the busy this way but you can keep the crazy ! Ha ha.

Got 1 away Saturday, seems to be a bit more activity around but still painfully quiet.

Could be one of our worst ever months at this rate! 

We’ve basically covered ex’s so got 9? days now to put some profit on the board 

quarterly VAT bill included in that 

I had several people come in today , 1 whose bought and several booked for tomorrow.

Also bought some real nice and varied stock recently so im optiistic.

Finally started to pick up.

Two collected yesterday, deposit on CRV and someone seriously considering the Yeti.  Volvo V70 being collected today too.

Edited by Mark101

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Finally started to pick up.

Two collected yesterday, deposit on CRV and someone seriously considering the Yeti.  Volvo V70 being collected today too.

Great to hear mate, that upgrade in package is making the difference...

3 hours ago, EPV said:

Great to hear mate, that upgrade in package is making the difference...

I think so, thanks for the advice mate.

Having said that, the CRV was a Shpock enquiry - weird.

I will give you a bell tomorrow if you're free - I've got prep and deliveries coming out of my ears.

Nothing like this job to keep you guessing, did 1 in first 10 days and 12 from the 11th until today puts me on 13. Well off the pace but given the start I had I would of been glad to finish the month on that(I might finish on that, one never knows).

On target for the worst month of the year to date though first 8 months were very strong!

Edited by stockedup!

F***ing terrible month. Had some very good ones this year though so can't moan too much.

everything so far this week is distress purchases from previous customers

at least it shows they liked my service last time they bought