Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

October

Four more at the weekend and one this morning. Good month so far, but September was dreadful. 

1 hour ago, BHM said:

I’ve suddenly flatlined. Since before the weekend I’ve only had one phone call (telling me the deal I’ll give him!) & just one email from an alleged trader hoping to rape me over a lowish mileage diesel CRV (good luck on that score).

Yet a friend who’s been dead for weeks has sold 5 since yesterday (Sunday) morning. Swings & roundabouts.

That’s exactly it. Swings and roundabouts. Dead to manic busy and back again. No such thing as steady for weeks on end. 

3 hours ago, James01 said:

Absolutely dead here is the South east, only on 5 for the month with a target of 15.

Strangley we seemed to buck the trend and had a good month in September. 

Lets hope for an end of month rush! 

Snap.

September was strangely busy but this month has been dire. We're in a similar location and seeing no footfall or enquiries at all.

Very busy with 8 sold so far. I'm currently averaging 10 advertised so sales numbers are very good. Still playing catch up with 4 waiting to be advertised, 3 in prep and another 3 bought today... 

This is my best ever month - not in terms of numbers sold but in terms of profit. 

8 sold (13 advertised, several others in prep). The profit from 3 of my sales this month equals my "most units sold" month June 2014 when I sold 15. 

Some luck must be kicking-in along with some great auction and p/x purchases. 

6 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

This is my best ever month - not in terms of numbers sold but in terms of profit. 

8 sold (13 advertised, several others in prep). The profit from 3 of my sales this month equals my "most units sold" month June 2014 when I sold 15. 

Some luck must be kicking-in along with some great auction and p/x purchases. 

It's profit that counts Nik so well done ! Still only half way through the month  :)

Good to hear some of you boys are busy, hopefully it'll trickle through! 

Getting some right b*llends at the moment. I know you notice them more when it's quiet but Christ, i'm beginning to worry for the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

Good to hear some of you boys are busy, hopefully it'll trickle through! 

Getting some right b*llends at the moment. I know you notice them more when it's quiet but Christ, i'm beginning to worry for the world.

We all get bellends..... Mine usually say I've watched your video but I would never do business like that, can I come over one night this week to "av a look". When told no, I only appoint "Confirmed Buers" I normally get a load of abuse........

I had a very good September and footfall for October has been very poor. BUT ive had a lot of repeat business in October along with a couple of vehicles that i have sourced for people. All in all I am a bit above where i would expect to be.

August for me was dreadful, September recovered and was "OK"

October, after 15 days has already surpassed my best month this year.

I gave up trying to make sense of it all a long time ago....:lol:

Yes some days you are the  statue, Some days you are the Pigeon

Some days your the windscreen, Some days you are the  fly

I am about to pay largest  VAT bill i ever had in 5 yrs of trading so cant moan but October so far is off a cliff

1 hour ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

I am about to pay largest  VAT bill i ever had in 5 yrs of trading so cant moan but October so far is off a cliff

Same for us with the VAT bill.

October is going all right so far had a few quick sellers, and getting plenty of finance leads through. 

2 dippers taken today, positive viewing tomorrow. Picking up. It helps of course, I've got cars to sell.

1 out of the 4 in stock sold. Was quite pleased as had that 60 days and still managed to turn a profit on it. 

Not a Dickybird on anything else, and I think they are priced correctly.  Wondering if I was stocking a few more cars it would feel a little less sparse as the chances are I would take some more calls.

Cannot comment for others but ive never sold many in the 10 days or so leading up to the budget. Luckily the first half of the month has seen me through.

Bought 3 out of an auction today tho.

1 minute ago, lastyboy said:

Cannot comment for others but ive never sold many in the 10 days or so leading up to the budget. Luckily the first half of the month has seen me through.

Bought 3 out of an auction today tho.

I think until the government sort this fucking Brexit shambles out everyone will be a bit twitchy 

Just now, DCS01 said:

I think until the government sort this fucking Brexit shambles out everyone will be a bit twitchy 

I agree but the 10 days before a budget has been quiet for me almost guaranteed for nearly 20 years.

• Like 1

Busy month/weekend, but agree-def enquires etc. are slowing down now. 

Only two this week, but I’m pretty sure of one confirmed coming back for tomorrow. 

Most annoyingly, more and more people are mentioning Xmas! As the kids (and Umesh) would say: #Hate!

1 minute ago, NOACROSS said:

Busy month/weekend, but agree-def enquires etc. are slowing down now. 

Only two this week, but I’m pretty sure of one confirmed coming back for tomorrow. 

Most annoyingly, more and more people are mentioning Xmas! As the kids (and Umesh) would say: #Hate!

I just heard the 1st bloody Christmas advert on the TV.  In my main dealer background it always bugs me when they put a Christmas tree in the showroom in early December. Might as well have don’t fucking bother up in giant lights above the door. Lol

Still absolutely dead here but have kept buying and have cars coming out of my ears!