Sign in to follow this  
Selfy trader

Refunding a customer

17 minutes ago, Selfy trader said:

Not quite, his daughter was interested in finance, through Zuto, but the rate was too high, she then asked her dad who wasn’t present to pay on card, card reader was my unofficial business partners who took payment and transferred it to me

The plot thickens,a third party business was involved in the transaction.This is interesting,is the partners business a Ltd co.

1 hour ago, Selfy trader said:

I don’t suppose anyone can help me draft a reply to this email? Like I said I’m fairly fresh to this and not 100% sure what a should and shouldn’t say clearly  haha

Dont feel like you have to keep replying back and forth, this could go on and on. You said your bit in your email and that should be it. 

Sometimes trying to help being reasonable just causes you more grief.

Why not just call the guys bluff and make no further contact...leave the ball in his court.

1 minute ago, Max Branning said:

Dont feel like you have to keep replying back and forth, this could go on and on. You said your bit in your email and that should be it. 

Sometimes trying to help being reasonable just causes you more grief.

Why not just call the guys bluff and make no further contact...leave the ball in his court.

Because at the moment he is letting the billy get the upper hand and making the OP look bad  

He needs to put the billy back in his box and make him look unreasonable whilstthe OP looks like the bigger man. Then he can leave the ball in his court. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, trade vet said:

The plot thickens,a third party business was involved in the transaction.This is interesting,is the partners business a Ltd co.

interesting yes because ive just seen this on that there google=

Payments through an agent or third party

It's not unusual for a business taking payment to be acting as an agent for the actual supplier. In this circumstance, Section 75 may not apply and you may not be able to claim against the credit card provider.

This is because the card provider may argue that as payment wasn't made directly to the supplier of the goods or service, Section 75 doesn't apply.

So where possible, make any credit card payment direct to the company actually supplying the goods or services.

:)

18 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Edited by have a word with the wife

Indeed. It’s similar to if you use your credit card via PayPal, you don’t get the S75 coverage. 

22 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Yes it is, want to keep him out of this as it’s really not his issue, has mentored me well and this was right in the beggining before I had officially started 

59 minutes ago, Selfy trader said:

Yes it is, want to keep him out of this as it’s really not his issue, has mentored me well and this was right in the beggining before I had officially started 

The thing is,if your clever dick customer searches out your guys ltd co. at Companies House and the Articles of Association doesn’t allow for dealing in the sale of motor vehicles,there could be a problem.I am uncertain but this may be grounds for a void sale and a refund.I hope I am wrong and it doesn’t happen.

1 minute ago, trade vet said:

The thing is,if your clever dick customer searches out your guys ltd co. at Companies House and the Articles of Association doesn’t allow for dealing in the sale of motor vehicles,there could be a problem.I am uncertain but this may be grounds for a void sale and a refund.I hope I am wrong and it doesn’t happen.

i dont know about a void sale but reading these last postings there could be vat and income tax avoidance problems if all the boxes arent ticked

why would you let a 3rd party take a credit card payment for you

its greed in my opinion

nothings simple

The OP is a kid starting out who has tried but does not have the full foundations in place.

I did some daft stuff when starting up, I am sure we all have. 

In this type of thing the person you are coming up against knows best, irrespective he thinks he knows more than you and is out for what he can get.

As already advised, and it is actually really important you do this, pack in the emails and phone calls.

Put something in writing recorded delivery and just state something to the effect of 'following previous correspondence and in light of drawing resolution to the matter please provide the vehicle mileage including a picture of the current display to allow you to assist with an amicable offer'.

Give 14 days to reply. Long it out a bit, constant emails back and forth don't help anyone. For what its worth I give it 24 hours min to respond to anything significant most of the time rather than reply and come across as annoyed with them

Reading this from sunny Spain and I think you need to take Arfur Dealeys advice and a little of the Spanish attitude. Take a bit of a siesta on him - he is NOT your priority. You have his money. He wants your attention.

You should have made him aware of timescales but the next time you get an answer long him out. We had a similar situation a while ago and once they had a week or three to wait they became a lot more reasonable.

4 minutes ago, tradex said:

Liquer 43?

Or Licor 43 even!

Mahou as it happens but suggestion well and truly noted :lol:

18 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Mahou as it happens but suggestion well and truly noted :lol:

what no absinthe:(

18 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Reading this from sunny Spain and I think you need to take Arfur Dealeys advice and a little of the Spanish attitude. Take a bit of a siesta on him - he is NOT your priority. You have his money. He wants your attention.

You should have made him aware of timescales but the next time you get an answer long him out. We had a similar situation a while ago and once they had a week or three to wait they became a lot more reasonable.

+1 :lol:

On 9/26/2018 at 4:39 PM, Mojo121 said:

I was in Corfu for two weeks last month, all I did was drink and chat on this site............. No change there then...... :wacko:

• Like 1

Just like his customer - a chancer wanting something for f.a.

maybe hes in the funny farm

we all end up in there you know

just sayin...........:D