MrC

CCTV, Burglar alarms and 4G routers

Got the keys for the new premises on Monday, been spending then evenings painting and getting it ready. 

I do want to beef up the security, locks and door protection aside. Im thinking CCTV, and a burglar alarm both linked to my phone, there are phone points in however I dont think they are active, rather than get them hooked up and be paying line rental plus broadband Im thinking about 4G.

One of these https://www.tp-link.com/uk/products/details/cat-4691_TL-MR6400.html on either PAYG or a cheap monthly contract. As they have RJ45 ports then in my mind I will be able to link up the CCTV & Alarm.

Any other ideas welcome

I have a set up using similar equiptment. Its average at best! Only works 50% of the time.

When I open the app it says no internet connection. Plus if you want notifications sent to your phone it will be going off constantly due to drop in connection.

The worst part is it never works when you actually need it. One of them things that looks excellent on the surface but doesnt perform 100%.

I went for Physical strength over fancy cameras half no 90% of the scum bags who brake in dont even bother hiding there faces there just waiting to be caught for 100 different offenses and get them all taken into account for a softer sentence (anyone else think that is the most retarded system ever) 

So we went for security shutters with pin locks through the floor and to the side, padlocks with double thick box section covering it, the rails to the shutters have box section welded to the rear so you cant prize the shutter out of the tracks, all the tools and diagnostics are then locked away in another steel fortress covered in ply.

even with a 9" cordless grinder it would be a nightmare to get in, and yep they have tried three times and failed. 

But all of the above doesnt come close to letting my dogs run free on the weekend, the scum bags soon get to here the garage has dogs even though them come home with me at night, local crime prevention officer said dogs without a shadow of doubt are the biggest deterrent to brake ins. 

my sweet pair, saying go on brake in i dare you 

DSCN0090-1.jpg

• Like 2

Do you really want the added worry of your phone going off at 2am when a fox decides to piss up against your cars? Ok I realise that may not set off the CCTV or alarm but surely you want it linked to the police? You're only going to ring the law anyway?

13 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I went for Physical strength over fancy cameras half no 90% of the scum bags who brake in dont even bother hiding there faces there just waiting to be caught for 100 different offenses and get them all taken into account for a softer sentence (anyone else think that is the most retarded system ever) 

So we went for security shutters with pin locks through the floor and to the side, padlocks with double thick box section covering it, the rails to the shutters have box section welded to the rear so you cant prize the shutter out of the tracks, all the tools and diagnostics are then locked away in another steel fortress covered in ply.

even with a 9" cordless grinder it would be a nightmare to get in, and yep they have tried three times and failed. 

But all of the above doesnt come close to letting my dogs run free on the weekend, the scum bags soon get to here the garage has dogs even though them come home with me at night, local crime prevention officer said dogs without a shadow of doubt are the biggest deterrent to brake ins. 

DSCN0090-1.jpg

Love it. Although for some reason I've got images of Justin lounging by the pool wearing an open Hawaiian shirt, sporting a thick moustache with a red ferrari in the driveway waiting for his next case.

24 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I had the later version if that counts B)

DSC01662.jpg

Like. Suddenly the price of first time cars rockets ;)

dogs shite when left so not for me plus they have to be on a chain 

you can get a good broadband package for £20 a month off vodaphone plus approx £70 hook up to a dead line

cctv on ebay is very cheap i use 2 x floureon systems and s/h 500gb hard drives this way i feel they are a fallback safety device

you will normally get burgled at 7.30 pm rather than 2 in the morning by the way,no idea why

main thing is as said slow them down as much as you can

your weakest link is shutters doors where they can be opened in 20 seconds and your glass roof,remember we are talking about people who will happily run over glass to break in and not even consider it might break as they are doing it

these people have no care about anything

i repeat lots of razor wire on the roof plus a 5kg roll of 6/8 mm mig wire back and forth a thousand times then a few warnings outside to appease the police in case you catch a corpse next morning

Edited by boring dave

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Love it. Although for some reason I've got images of Justin lounging by the pool wearing an open Hawaiian shirt, sporting a thick moustache with a red ferrari in the driveway waiting for his next case.

I thought she would be in a Bikini :blink::lol:

been down to work tonight seeing as the dark nights are coming in quick

my pir lights are working fine apart from the spiders webs

my cctv is working fine apart from again hours are recorded as smiling sammy the spider crab makes passionate love to his female in full view of my infrared

however the original poster of this thread fails to give an update even though we try and help in these times of im alright jack

maybe he was attacked buy aliens

maybe he is an alien

we alreaDY  have member area 51 on here

did he eat him:blink:

Sorry guys been busy with life, Painting, carpet fitters, blah blah blah, generally getting the new gaff ready to shimmy on in to this week.

I have decided on beefing up physical security in the way of a steel door and casing and a load of extra ironmongery for the roller shutter. Will be looking in to an Alarm this week and getting some prices. 

I guess nothing stops these bottom feeders if they want to rob you so I will try to make the job as hard as possible. 

On 20/09/2018 at 11:02 AM, boring dave said:

dogs shite when left so not for me plus they have to be on a chain 

you can get a good broadband package for £20 a month off vodaphone plus approx £70 hook up to a dead line

cctv on ebay is very cheap i use 2 x floureon systems and s/h 500gb hard drives this way i feel they are a fallback safety device

you will normally get burgled at 7.30 pm rather than 2 in the morning by the way,no idea why

main thing is as said slow them down as much as you can

your weakest link is shutters doors where they can be opened in 20 seconds and your glass roof,remember we are talking about people who will happily run over glass to break in and not even consider it might break as they are doing it

these people have no care about anything

i repeat lots of razor wire on the roof plus a 5kg roll of 6/8 mm mig wire back and forth a thousand times then a few warnings outside to appease the police in case you catch a corpse next morning

10 hours ago, David Ayers said:

Shouldn’t your handle be Justin360 

bit pretentious for me happy to be a3 plus 360 wouldnt allow the cross dresser jokes i have had to put up with for years now.

In a garage with high value portable items smoke cloaks are hard to beat. Generally one smoke cloak will fill an average sized garage unit in 12 seconds and normally keep the garage full of smoke for up to 40 minutes even with an open door. Theives struggle to get out, particularly if you add a strobe light and they certainly will not be looking through a Snap on Box in the fog.  https://www.smokecloak.co.uk/videos/

On 02/10/2018 at 7:59 AM, justina3 said:

bit pretentious for me happy to be a3 plus 360 wouldnt allow the cross dresser jokes i have had to put up with for years now.

http://1509637685-screen-shot-2017-11-02-at-111

On 20/09/2018 at 9:36 AM, justina3 said:

DSCN0090-1.jpg

Two Cracking Dogs you have there :)

I have two German Shepard's  at home after suffering break ins 20 yrs ago we swapped to Dog protection " fully trained on command" fearsome pair too " .

One night wife goes there's someone under the car , Went out with the pair of them , one each side of car growling with teeth smiling at him under the car .

Pulled him out and left the dogs guarding him from midnight till 6am ,Car was on the back of the house so he was safe all night bless him :) , called the police and they took him away in a van , not the police car as he had pissed himself in fear as every time he tried moving they went for him growling . 

It was Feb too and he was frozen stiff " hadn't moved for 6 hours " poor thing haha 

Didn't half make the police laugh , us too .

The guys had steak dinners that night :) and a few steak dinners before and after too . 

Still got two Shepard's  to this day . I do like Dobermans as well  though , just cant justify 4 dogs . 

On 31/10/2018 at 3:34 PM, tradex said:

Would you not have to put a HnS sign up to warn potential thieves, in case they break a finger nail bumping into something?

No need for a H & S sign, they would not be able to read it anyway. The professional answer is if they hurt themselves stumbling around in the dark you would have to prove you had not intentionally trapped anyone, simply protected your property. (You could record an automated message asking they stay still until you can, "help" them out)! Whilst many will not care if a theif hurt themselves, if you have told your insurer you have a smoke cloak they should pay any injury claim. We give discounts to clients with smoke cloaks, they work and I have never had an injury claim yet.

Edited by Premier Insurance