Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Your favourite valeting products and why ??

I don't tend to do much valeting nowadays but I do have a liking for silicone spray / dash shine.......... It covers up so many different nasties 

Autoglym FastGlass to use on clean bodywork (not only glass) for a quick pre-viewing shine. 

Autoglym Fabric Hood cleaner to use on bodywork (or hoods) where birds have shat big time. 

Autoglym super resin is good and brings a lovely shine to any car when apploed appropriatly also l

I agree about silicon spray it is so adaptable.We had a part time guy years ago whose job was to Autoglym the stock.We had an outside pitch then and the Autoglym made the rain run off smoothly and made washing and leathering off a lot easier.However when machine polishers where introduced,what a difference they made.I think back in the mid eighties my Makita cost £300,worth every penny.

10 minutes ago, Anglo9 said:

Always like a bit of black carpet dye

This. 

We use the full autosmart range, mostly G101, finish, tango  and highstyle but the winner has to be midnight. Boy does it save some time.

I use mr muscle for windows brings them up like new ! Also like tms wash and wax the sticky orange stuff gives cars a fantastic shine when added with hot water and applied with lamb wool mit :P Also like highstyle autosmart tyre shine as it looks well when applied accordingly.  

Edited by Ek cars

27 minutes ago, Anglo9 said:

yep you cant beat a tin of matt black paint and soooo cheap too

i get 6 cars outa one tin

i only go round the mats mind not under them:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anglo9 said:

Way too much effort, Simonize gloss black spray ( as per alloys) quick hoover then spray in situe...... Trust me.....

• Like 1

On interior i used G101 for a long time but cheapskate option is well watered down fairy liquid in a spray bottle...will clean off most things.

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Why ? 

Tardis will remove every spot of tar on the car and auto fresh makes a WBAC benefits car smell like new 

I HATE SILICONE ! :lol: [Aerosol that is ]

It really is a poor way of preparing, its too expensive, it doesn't last long enough, it attracts dirt / dust, AND is bad for your health, arfur, get yourself some autosmart finish, get a quality trigger spray bottle mix 50/50 with water and a little sponge, you can even use the soft side of a washing sponge if you want [ tight git :lol:;)] spray the sponge, and wipe, or if its for example a larger area, lets say a plastic door trim, spray the panel then wipe it, no sticky shit, no blinding yourself when you do the dashtop on a test drive AND it lasts, for someone doing it full time youll save ££££s !

12 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Tar removal... use Petrol on a rag

no! :lol: get yourself a 2.5 litre tin of tcut! [£15 delivered] its safer, its easier on your hands, you'll use far less than petrol, and you can breathe, ever had a petrol splash in the eye ? its bad mate ! 

i use autosmart products where possible, the initial cost deters many, but if you buy in 5 litre rather than 1 litre, its very very economical, and that point is very hard to get other to many folk, and the finish and a few others you mix with water anyway, so 5 litre is ten.

i also use [wait for it :D] aldi products! they do a product labelled power force, the glass cleaner is the best i have come across, once again, economical ! They do a product which is a general cleaner, [all in one?] i add this to the valeter because it is low foam [ means not many bubbles which stops the valeter] and less than a pound a litre but you must dilute it both for the valeter and general cleaning and it smells good.

i've posted about it before but the tornado is one very good tool, i put the all in one in this, and unless you've actually seen one you wont beleive how good these are.

Back to silicone, the only aerosol silicone i use is a smelly one for freshly valeted cars that supposed to last 7 days, its on trial from eurocrapparts at the mo so cant give full feedback yet.

2 hours ago, sparky said:

This. 

We use the full autosmart range, mostly G101, finish, tango  and highstyle but the winner has to be midnight. Boy does it save some time.

Whilst I agree, there are far better products than Midnight in my opinion. Absolutely stinks.

49 minutes ago, MrV said:

Tardis will remove every spot of tar on the car and auto fresh makes a WBAC benefits car smell like new 

You’re buying 9 year old Hyundai’s. Tar removal?

As for me, 3M perfect it polishing system and a decent mop. I must have saved £2k in smart repairs with a wet sand, mop and touch in paint. 

22 minutes ago, EPV said:

You’re buying 9 year old Hyundai’s. Tar removal?

As for me, 3M perfect it polishing system and a decent mop. I must have saved £2k in smart repairs with a wet sand, mop and touch in paint. 

Ah, the curse of Ocd at its finest

20 minutes ago, boring dave said:

just diesel everything

looks mint till it rains

Mmmmm, never heard that before.............

G101 takes some beating, i use the stuff on everything

I much prefer Autosmart Finish for trims etc, it doesn't have the horrible "fake" shine, tho very close to that is a product from Madcow called Mango Sauce. Really nice matt/semi shine finish and smells fantastic

Whilst we are on the topic, i'd also recommend Madcow Ultra Violet as a QD/DA... Wonderful stuff

Found an alloy I'd like to tidy the edge up on this morning, its been kerbed/potholed badly... Rather than a small job getting an alloy refurb (other three are nice), anyone use any small sanding tools to clean the high sports off before touching in? Thanks.

Autosmart Eclat for me - We have to use this twice weekly on all our stock as dust is a major issue here. Spray on - wipe off and it stick the dust to the microfibre like glue.

Also Autosmart Blast - chewing gum flavour - give it a "blast" half hour before customer arrives and every time they say, "wow" this car smells amazing.

I also 2nd/3rd Tardis, great stuff for tar removal.

( the Autosmart guy does well out of me every month! )