Lucas

(No longer) Looking for a Partner

32 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

its the birds

Don’t talk to me about the birds.... our stock has been blitzed by blackberry eating birds! 

3 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

I started in the mid eighties as a young buck straight out of school with no decent qualifications. It was more about the cars I got to drive at a young age, XR2's XR3i's 205 GTi's Astra GTE's. The money was also very good for one so young. We had a freedom back then to actually learn the job, dealing with traders and valuing our own cars etc. As time went on the more controlled and regimented the job became, some groups didn't want experienced people....they wanted people who could follow their "process". I was fortunate that I always worked for smaller multi franchise dealers who weren't as rigid as long as the results were there! The hours were crazy though,,,,,,welcome to the motor trade, but it does get in your blood.I decided to go on my own when manufacturers started employing graduates to come into your business to tell you how it should be done, they didn't have a clue. most had never even sold a car. Making money is why I do it and it is what I know. Being your own boss is fantastic and I try and focus on the good punters out there and give them a good experience. 

That’s a mirror image of me, started as a Saturday boy car washer at 15, one of the first PX’s I bought was a Mk1 white XR3i for £300, then a Moggy 1000 in dove grey... 

Oh and a Nissan Cheery Europe with the Alfa engine...

3 hours ago, Stalker said:

Don’t talk to me about the birds.... our stock has been blitzed by blackberry eating birds! 

I thought it was just us! What is that stuff? It's disgusting but incredible!

2 hours ago, tradex said:

You can find insurance for anything, and do it on the moon, if you wish to pay, don't give up

You can find insurance for anything, and do it on the moon, if you wish to pay, don't give up

20 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

The title of the post and a sense of humor? ;0) 

Thanks tradex. Will try next week. Until all the insurance companies say no.

Finally, I have to give up just because I couldn't get the motor trade insurance. All the insurance companies and brokers rejected. They requested at least held a one-year UK full driver license and lived in the UK two years or more. I won't be able to meet the requirements until next year August. So, I have to change to other business.

Thank you for all the advice. You guys are awesome!  :)

Edited by Lucas

55 minutes ago, tradex said:

I have a magic bean plant in my back garden, is this any help?

get rid of it quick

under eu rules defra have to come round and shoot anyone in possession of such demons

• Like 1

I GOT MY MOTOR TRADE INSURANCE JUST NOW!!!

I am so happy. Even it is very expensive for £6,917 a year. But, I finally got it! Thank GOD! And a big THANK YOU to all of you.  

Never give up!  :lol:

Wow. I don't know what to say (well I do but I won't)..

Good luck Lucas, do let us know your next steps and if we can help with anything!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stalker said:

This has to be a wind up surely...... ?

he sounds stupid enough to set up as a car dealer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I am so happy. Even it is very expensive for £6,917 a year. But, I finally got it! Thank GOD! And a big THANK YOU to all of you.  

Good on yer :)

Best of luck to you, keep us posted how you are getting on :)

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Nice one Lucas - congratulations.

I guess you only have £193,083 to invest now.  EPV was right, this trade can turn £200k in to £100k.

Seriously though, good luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

May I ask what sort of cover you have got for that money? I.e vehicle value? Liability insurance? Premises etc?  

Looks like it included Third Party Liability & Vehicles on the road. No premises yet.

Edited by Lucas

Lucas, you paid £7000 to get a motor trade policy before you've even made a penny as a trader, and with no experience? Why not sell 2 or 3 cars privately and wet your feet, and then proceed?

Better yet, if you're so adamant you want a partner, wouldn't they havea trade policy they could add you on??

• Like 1

£20 a day to insure against 3rd party losses sounds a bargain considering what the OP  has told us

think about it

would you roll the dice if you were looking at the risk

well done for getting someone to take you on 

1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

Lucas, you paid £7000 to get a motor trade policy before you've even made a penny as a trader, and with no experience? Why not sell 2 or 3 cars privately and wet your feet, and then proceed?

Better yet, if you're so adamant you want a partner, wouldn't they havea trade policy they could add you on??

Thank you tradegirl. Yes, you are right. But I just have no any other ways start with. So, just simply start it by registered as a limited company. Then I found that I need a trade plate. And then I found that I need motor trade insurance to get the trade plate. Plus, when I am trying to register as a trade buyer in BCA, they also need the motor trade insurance certificate. All right, I got it finally. I tried 20+ providers in the past three days. Only one take my order!

It's okay. I don't mind to take the risk to get the business on track.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

No, that’s Benji....

Hahahaha got me good that one Simon! Haha