Lucas

(No longer) Looking for a Partner

13 minutes ago, Andy Entwistle said:

I'd get a bloody lovely one for £200k.... :-) 

Might even increase in value  - Safer bet than giving 200k to an unknown :lol:

• Like 1

Knowing nothing about cars with 200k but wanting to place 200k with an unknown trader is ONE VERY Brave move my friend .

I'd hit the roulette tables , more chance of profit there i reckon 

Hope the 200k is disposable , Good luck with that venture 

2 hours ago, EPV said:

As I said earlier albeit tongue in cheek, you could easily turn a big fortune into a little one. 

Take the first steps. Get your trade plates, buy a car and prep it, advertise it etc. I think you’re barking up the wrong tree looking to sink a lump into an existing business and form a partnership. Most wont want to be answering to anyone else and definitely not to someone who knows significantly less than them. I’d set yourself up small, learn a shit load yourself and from this forum and then after maybe 6 months, perhaps look to merge with someone else. Yes it’s slow but you need to learn fast and you will. 

Good luck, wish you all the best with it mate. Fair play for being prepared to give it a go. 

Very good advice! Thank you very much EPV.

2 hours ago, twerp said:

Erm, don't you actually need to know something about cars to do this ?

I think I just have a little general knowledge in the car like most of the consumer. But definitely not good enough.

1 hour ago, Andy Entwistle said:

I'd get a bloody lovely one for £200k.... :-) 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, twerp said:

Erm, don't you actually need to know something about cars to do this ?

Not really but it helps. Plenty of businesses have investors who know little about their investment (think stock markets).

9 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

Sounds like a troll or you're genuinely stupid.. invest it all into Bitcoins, it's safer.

Thank you for the advice. But I have no knowledge in Bitcoin too. Just check online. It looks like that the Bitcoin value dropped more than half in the recent year (from £14K dropped to £5K). Maybe only the smartest guys can earn money from that. Not for me. Thanks.

Screenshot_20180914-182249.png

Benji asking if it’s Benji.  Is THAT irony or sarcasm..hmmm. 

There must be better things to do with 200 grand than jump into this minefield with both feet! 

Edited by NOACROSS
  • Like 1

There's a question, what would any of you do with 200k burning a hole in your pocket?

4 minutes ago, Row said:

There's a question, what would any of you do with 200k burning a hole in your pocket?

Nothing to do with bloody cars that’s for sure. 

But seen as we’re on a dealer forum;

Put a years rent down on a unit that held 15 and create a valeting bay and photographing bay. 

Buy 10 cars at around £12k a piece. 

Make more money. 

10 minutes ago, EPV said:

Nothing to do with bloody cars that’s for sure. 

But seen as we’re on a dealer forum;

Put a years rent down on a unit that held 15 and create a valeting bay and photographing bay. 

Buy 10 cars at around £12k a piece. 

Make more money. 

im sorry but if that is your business plan

im out:lol:

You’re probably better looking than Deborah Meaden n’all 

• Like 1

Go and learn the job working for some dealerships, after you have done a few years and if you still want to do it put £150k in the bank and work off £50k. Do a year and if you still have your initial money(or even a bit more) and have lived then you can probably do the job. Keep your overheads as low as possible, pitches can be very expensive to run but units/farms etc are viable with the internet, do a viewings by appointment and you can get about to buy cars as well as run the rest of the business! Good luck.

• Like 2

This guy is pulling everyone’s leg, probably a spotty old man in his vest sitting in front of his pc in his bedroom still living at his moms 

1 hour ago, stockedup! said:

Go and learn the job working for some dealerships, after you have done a few years and if you still want to do it put £150k in the bank and work off £50k. Do a year and if you still have your initial money(or even a bit more) and have lived then you can probably do the job. Keep your overheads as low as possible, pitches can be very expensive to run but units/farms etc are viable with the internet, do a viewings by appointment and you can get about to buy cars as well as run the rest of the business! Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. 

Edited by Lucas

1 hour ago, Grantlfc81 said:

This guy is pulling everyone’s leg, probably a spotty old man in his vest sitting in front of his pc in his bedroom still living at his moms 

Thanks for your joke.

7 hours ago, Row said:

Drugs, prostitutes, and alcohol, with a bit of gambling. 

Take a tip from an old person. If you've got a spare £200k, stick it in your pension!

• Like 2

This is like Dragons Den in reverse :D

Seriously mate, keep your cash for a while and do some Business Studies, selling used Cars is not the bed of roses it used to be.

BTW if you are looking for a smaller investment, I have a long term opportunity that might be right up your street, for only £20k, pm me, and I'll give you my phone number and talk you through it !!

You won't need to do much work to get a return either ;)

Lucas you've got no experience but you can gain it. Start with a couple of cars from home. Then 4, then keep increasing. You'll gain that experience. James and Mark work solo from home and they're doing well.

Don't get involved with someone you don't know, especially if they know you have 200k to burn. Having a partner in any business means sharing the profit, access to YOUR money, and having to consider someone else's opinion. Trust me it's messy at times, and it can hurt people. You might lose money because your partner wanted to buy a car you didn't agree with. Or a car might fail in your hands. Mistakes happen and a partner isn't selected lightly.

Be very careful. I'd personally start solo from home until you gain that experience. Then find a unit once you know what you're doing.

You might not have car experience, but be on the ball and have a sharp eye even if you invest somewhere.

13 hours ago, Row said:

Buy a crappy house, fix it up, sell it and repeat.

Buy a piece of land with an old barn and make it into one of those fancy barn homes. Sell that.

Invest a little bit in stocks.

Maybe buy a unit for cars.

....that's actually a good question.

• Like 1