Lucas

(No longer) Looking for a Partner

Dear All,

I am new to the forum. I live in Shepperton, Surrey. I am keen to start or join an used car business here. I have £200K cash ready to invest in the business but with zero experience in the industry. So, please contact me if you would like to expand your existing business. Or, if you are an experienced pro who also looking for a partner, too. Thanks.

Edited by Lucas

Santander

11-00-44 14237895

Please

Don't, that isn't my real bank details B)

Edited by Mark101

6 minutes ago, MattR said:

can you move to nottingham

No. I just bought a house here two months ago. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Dear All,

I am new to the forum. I live in Shepperton, Surrey. I am keen to start or join an used car business here. I have £200K cash ready to invest in the business but with zero experience in the industry. So, please contact me if you would like to expand your existing business. Or, if you are an experienced pro who also looking for a partner, too. Thanks.

Hi Lucas

You must be very carefull.Keep in touch with us guys,you are entering ‘shark infested waters’.You need potential partners trading accounts and personal bank statements going back 3 years.You will need to check them out at Companies House and also get various other references.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Dear All,

Mate if you have £200k the quickest way to shrink that to £100k and worry if you’ll ever see a profit is to get involved with cars :)

i’m looking for finance if you’re serious, send me pm and let’s see if we can get some sort of conversation going. 

5 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Santander

11-00-44 14237895

Please

Don't, that isn't my real bank details B)

Thanks. Got it. But I am serous looking for a business partner.

As above- be VERY careful and start with 30-50k/ see how you get on for a year or so FFS!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hi Lucas

You must be very carefull.Keep in touch with us guys,you are entering ‘shark infested waters’.You need potential partners trading accounts and personal bank statements going back 3 years.You will need to check them out at Companies House and also get various other references.

Thank you very much trade vet. I will keep this in mind.

My best serious advice would be to spread your risk.  I.e. place £50k with 4 dealers instead of £200k with 1 dealer.

Also, you'll make a better return and less hassle by funding rather than tangibly getting involved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

As above- be VERY careful and start with 30-50k/ see how you get on for a year or so FFS!

Thank you NOACROSS. I will be very careful.

3 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

My best serious advice would be to spread your risk.  I.e. place £50k with 4 dealers instead of £200k with 1 dealer.

Also, you'll make a better return and less hassle by funding rather than tangibly getting involved.

Thank you Mark101. Good advice. The problem is that I don't know any dealer in the area. That is why I am here to searching for some one!

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Thank you NOACROSS. I will be very careful.

Thank you Mark101. Good advice. The problem is that I don't know any dealer in the area. That is why I am here to searching for some one!

Further spread risk by having multiple dealers in multiple regions.

• Like 1

have a few startups on board too, always good to diversify! ;) 

To be honest Lucas, I have three people wishing to invest in my business but it is me pushing back.  I chose this path because I want to be accountable to no one but myself and as soon as an investor come onboard, I lose the one privildge I enjoy most.

Go to Blackpool, change it all into pound coins and shuffle it into slot machines, less chance of dealing with lunatic privates and a chance of a better return.....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sparky said:

Interesting video. But I am serious. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

To be honest Lucas, I have three people wishing to invest in my business but it is me pushing back.  I chose this path because I want to be accountable to no one but myself and as soon as an investor come onboard, I lose the one privildge I enjoy most.

Good point. I would do the same if I were you.

6 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

Go to Blackpool, change it all into pound coins and shuffle it into slot machines, less chance of dealing with lunatic privates and a chance of a better return.....

I never play that game before. So also zero experience. But sounds funny enough. Thanks.

I keep going on my own anyway. It just harder and slower with no experience at all. I am searching for a pitch these days. But got no luck yet. Any input will be appreciated.

32 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I keep going on my own anyway. It just harder and slower with no experience at all. I am searching for a pitch these days. But got no luck yet. Any input will be appreciated.

I'd look for a unit rather than a pitch, often the same price if no cheaper and you can make a decent showroom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCC said:

I'd look for a unit rather than a pitch, often the same price if no cheaper and you can make a decent showroom.

Good point! I will take look right away. Thanks.

the product you sell is an end to the means

unless you take trade vets advise very seriously then someone or many will clean you out and leave you in debt /prison holding the baby

£200,000 isnt really that much once a partner keeps sticking his hand up for you being the big i am 

i suggest you get some ground experience first and bank the money  for at least 6 months

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boring dave said:

the product you sell is an end to the means

unless you take trade vets advise very seriously then someone or many will clean you out and leave you in debt /prison holding the baby

£200,000 isnt really that much once a partner keeps sticking his hand up for you being the big i am 

i suggest you get some ground experience first and bank the money  for at least 6 months

Very good advice. Thanks. The product is the big problem for me. I have no idea what product I should sell yet. I have to keep learning.

28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Very good advice. Thanks. The product is the big problem for me. I have no idea what product I should sell yet. I have to keep learning.

Join the club. :unsure:

As I said earlier albeit tongue in cheek, you could easily turn a big fortune into a little one. 

Take the first steps. Get your trade plates, buy a car and prep it, advertise it etc. I think you’re barking up the wrong tree looking to sink a lump into an existing business and form a partnership. Most wont want to be answering to anyone else and definitely not to someone who knows significantly less than them. I’d set yourself up small, learn a shit load yourself and from this forum and then after maybe 6 months, perhaps look to merge with someone else. Yes it’s slow but you need to learn fast and you will. 

Good luck, wish you all the best with it mate. Fair play for being prepared to give it a go. 

• Like 2