dawson

best tyre shine

On 08/09/2018 at 9:35 AM, AutoJacob said:

We use high style £20 a bottle works well and long lasting shine.

highstyle is the best. on as said, clean tyres but £20 a bottle? how many litre is it ? am paying £39 for 5litre ebay .

56 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

highstyle is the best. on as said, clean tyres but £20 a bottle? how many litre is it ? am paying £39 for 5litre ebay .

We pay £22 something for 5L - most of Autosmarts 5L containers are about the same price.

Contact a rep, don't buy from eBay. If you aren't buying from a reputable seller, they could be watering it down a bit.

We haven't bought Highstyle from eBay, but have bought Autosmart polishes and they seperate after a couple of days. With the same stuff from the rep, it doesn't, and it's cheaper!

1 hour ago, Zest said:

do you valet all the cars yourself Si?

No often, Tesco valet near me is excellent,  I just retitivate when required.

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

No often, Tesco valet near me is excellent,  I just retitivate when required.

Same as really. Let them do it for £13 and I go over what they have missed. 

On 09/09/2018 at 1:56 PM, have a word with the wife said:

Further to the advise, I would ring head office get the rep to call to you it’s shocking how much of a good deal you get if you buy a few five ltrs at a time time you add glass cleaner a quick detailed tyre shine dash cleaner it’s quickly up to a decent enough order for them to make the visit. 

This is a great thread and hats off to you guys & gals for sharing your experiences.  I hadn't heard of a few of the product brands mentioned!

I'm thinking that it could be beneficial to us all if the mods were to create a new forum section "Product Experience" or similar, then this info could be collated all together!

What do you think?

On 09/09/2018 at 3:31 PM, EPV said:

Same as really. Let them do it for £13 and I go over what they have missed. 

What do they do for £13? Wash and vac? 

12 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

What do they do for £13? Wash and vac? 

Pretty much yes that’s all I want them to do 

On 09/09/2018 at 2:55 PM, D&M said:

We pay £22 something for 5L - most of Autosmarts 5L containers are about the same price.

Contact a rep, don't buy from eBay. If you aren't buying from a reputable seller, they could be watering it down a bit.

We haven't bought Highstyle from eBay, but have bought Autosmart polishes and they seperate after a couple of days. With the same stuff from the rep, it doesn't, and it's cheaper!

thanks, rep used to call and we always spent £100 easy a month, but new franchisee just stopped coming, i believe he just wanted account customers, which is crazy, i dont want a account.

3 hours ago, justina3 said:

Further to the advise, I would ring head office get the rep to call to you it’s shocking how much of a good deal you get if you buy a few five ltrs at a time time you add glass cleaner a quick detailed tyre shine dash cleaner it’s quickly up to a decent enough order for them to make the visit. 

thanks, i see him out and about on my travels, will just jump on board if i've got me wallet on me :)

A lot of dealerships tend to use water-based tyre shine, but you won't get a high-quality finish unless you use a gel tyre dressing. Water-based tyre dressings will wash off after the slightest bit of rain, and provide no protection against UV rays - making the tyres go brown.

If you want to have glossy, black, factory finish tyres then a tyre gel is the best way forward - see this best tyre dressing article for the best, most cost-effective products on the market.

Hope this helps! :)