dawson

best tyre shine

after trying auto style tyre shine it is only lasting 2 days max then looks dull .imperial is slightly better but not much any one got a good one they can recommend? thank you

Biggest problem with tyre shines is most people dont spend enough time cleaning the tyre first, for any product to stand a chance of lasting it needs a clean surface to bond to.

We find when we jet wash the tyres after a cleaning product has been applied and worked in well the tyre shine looks better and lasts longer. 

and we currently using autosmart highstyle which works well and great value for money.

megs is a good shout as epv suggests.

• Like 1

Autoglym at around £22 for 5 litres, lasts me a long time if applied correctly. 

The number of people that say "look at these new tyres"...

I'm currently using Meguiars.  Lovely product but as it is a gel, it's a bit of a faf on tyres that have ridges embossed on the side.

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Autoglym at around £22 for 5 litres, lasts me a long time if applied correctly. 

The number of people that say "look at these new tyres"...

Autoglym products are great but expensive and  if you employ valeters you have to keep it in your safe and monitor it’s use.

1 hour ago, BAS said:

I'm currently using Meguiars.  Lovely product but as it is a gel, it's a bit of a faf on tyres that have ridges embossed on the side.

Foam applicator? 

yes, maybe.  I'm still experimenting.  Have been using a sponge until now

8 hours ago, justina3 said:

Biggest problem with tyre shines is most people dont spend enough time cleaning the tyre first, for any product to stand a chance of lasting it needs a clean surface to bond to.

We find when we jet wash the tyres after a cleaning product has been applied and worked in well the tyre shine looks better and lasts longer. 

Very true.... 

We use smart wheels from autosmart for scrubbing both the wheels and tyres, Then we use autosmart fusion just spray it on.

3 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Shoe Polish

now go get your shinebox :D

6 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Havent used fusion how does it compare to Highstlye 

i love fusion but for some reason the price has gone meg lately

i use a 2 inch paint brush and pour what i think i need into a paint cap then pour the rest back into the container,this way you can do hundreds of tyres with 5 litres

11 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Havent used fusion how does it compare to Highstlye 

It doesn't last as long as highstyle if kept outside. It doesn't give such a glossy finish, but gives the tyres a 'new' look. Smells lovely too, and can be used as interior & bumper trim and engine bay dressing

It's not silicone based so isn't greasy.

Next time your rep is round, see if he'll give you a sample

10 hours ago, EPV said:

Thanks, looks a bit more durable than the Ebay offerings!

8 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Shoe Polish

Used to use that years ago when prepping Classics for car shows!  Still use it on exterior trim that has been erroneously whited by polish occasionally.  Doesn't last though!

We've used this from: https://www.autojoy.co.uk/dressings-autojoy-super-sleek-tyre-dressing-litre-p-385.html for years, always lasts ages and looks great, dunno if anyone else uses Autojoy but we find them great,  use them for all our polishes, glass polish etc, etc, find them well priced and quick delivery, great if working from home.

Edited by pmpants
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I’ve been using valeters pride off of eBay for years, great quality and value. Can’t recommend highly enough. 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Lt-Vinyl-Polish-Tyre-Bumper-Trim-Dressing-Dries-Wet-Look-Shine-/311176266288?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

That's a great range of useful products that they offer.  Having had a browse however, I recognise a few products direct from the shelves of Costco, with an inevitable mark-up.  Found that they have a normal website also.

https://www.valeterspride.co.uk

Slightly different pricing on a couple of products that I spot checked, products a little dearer on the website but postage cheaper on the individual items I looked at, bringing the total less direct. Worth doing the comparison though for what you purchase.

It has always puzzled me when I see business sellers pricing their products on Ebay cheaper than on their own website.  With the high Ebay commissions etc you would think that their websites would be 10% or more cheaper?