Sign in to follow this  
Nvp cars

Tyre shop B2 class

Hi I just got granted planning to a tyre shop does anyone know if I can service cars like quick fit  or halfords do (tyres breaks exhaust service) concept without  getting more planning permission

Edited by Nvp cars

Best people to ask would be the planners. Get your answer straight from the horses mouth.

20 hours ago, Nvp cars said:

Hi I just got granted planning to a tyre shop does anyone know if I can service cars quick fit Style with getting more planning 

Hi, what country are you in?

Sui generis- is a planning classification. 

Its what most councils give to the selling of cars etc...

If you have planning for a tyre shop surely this falls under the umbrella of repairing/servicing cars? Whether you are doing it fast or slow doesn’t really matter. 

Thanks

11 hours ago, Stalker said:

Sui generis- is a planning classification. 

Its what most councils give to the selling of cars etc...

If you have planning for a tyre shop surely this falls under the umbrella of repairing/servicing cars? Whether you are doing it fast or slow doesn’t really matter. 

Thanks for your reply council have said I’ve been granted planning for tyre sales and fitting only tho confused

21 minutes ago, Nvp cars said:

Thanks

Thanks for your reply council have said I’ve been granted planning for tyre sales and fitting only tho confused

Be creative... and remember... do the councils always do what they say they are gonna do?

I would have said you have a duty of care to make sure cars are road worth and safe.

7 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Be creative... and remember... do the councils always do what they say they are gonna do?

I would have said you have a duty of care to make sure cars are road worth and safe.

/\ /\ /\ LOL, you old Spin Doctor you :D 

That's the kinda shit I'd throw at them if questioned, thankfully all I have to do is have the odd Quad Bike, Strimmer, Mower, and Outboard (fishing), etc sitting around, of which I personally have a few stored at the back of my Workshop, then I can chuck the "Agricultural Crofter" card at them ;)

Luckily, since up here, I've never needed to :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boring dave said:

foreign then

we dont want your sort

up the brexit:lol:

;)

Proper 2 bob comment 

Is that foreign enough you mug

10 minutes ago, Nvp cars said:

Proper 2 bob comment 

Is that foreign enough you mug

interesting

would be my comment

OP, ring your council, explain to them you would like their help and guidance on your intended use of the proper (what you can/cannot do/sell etc). I did this prior to getting my unit, they were very helpful. Make sure you get clarity in writing. Simple. 

Property...

8 hours ago, Nvp cars said:

Mate what's your point if you got nothing good to say go and bore off on someone else post

No sense of humour then.  If they are allowing you to sell and fit tyres,that is servicing,just get on and open up.They are not going to close you down ( unless of course you are involved in stealing and supplying mopeds and selling mugging wearables and accessories )...da ...da ...da. Good Luck.

We have just changed business category from farm workshop (sui generis) to servicing workshop (light industrial)... i would reckon you need to change to light industrial too, we found the council really  helpful and just asked in reception what we needed!!

23 minutes ago, Trident said:

We have just changed business category from farm workshop (sui generis) to servicing workshop (light industrial)... i would reckon you need to change to light industrial too, we found the council really  helpful and just asked in reception what we needed!!

NVP is in London,helpful,I don’t think that would happen there,certainly not in my experience.

On 07/09/2018 at 9:14 AM, trade vet said:

No sense of humour then.  If they are allowing you to sell and fit tyres,that is servicing,just get on and open up.They are not going to close you down ( unless of course you are involved in stealing and supplying mopeds and selling mugging wearables and accessories )...da ...da ...da. Good Luck.

Cheers buddy

On 04/09/2018 at 10:31 PM, Nvp cars said:

Hi I just got granted planning to a tyre shop does anyone know if I can service cars quick fit Style with getting more planning 

quick fit style loose that word, quick fit sounds very similar to a outfit that looks for extra work, maybe use the word fast fit .....

How’s about Prompt Fit? Or We’ll Do It When We Can Be Arsed Fit?

seeing as you are selling tyres how about

this is a patch up give us all your money

remember you dont need a sense of humour to sell tyres but it helps when you get your customers finger stuck in the bead as the tyre pops on

I once failed a Billys Car on MOT for 2 front shocks, and quoted him .........................

"That's far too dear" he said, "Quick Fit is half the price" ........................

He returned for his retest a few days later and sarcastically told me I was a "know nothing" and told me I should have failed it on Discs & Pads all round, plus all 4 Tyres, and also asked why didn't I tell him it needed a Battery and Radiator as well .........................

There was nothing wrong with those items at time of test, so I gave him an appeal form, refused to re test it and told him to Fuck Off !!

Wanker :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

I once failed a Billys Car on MOT for 2 front shocks, and quoted him .........................

"That's far too dear" he said, "Quick Fit is half the price" ........................

He returned for his retest a few days later and sarcastically told me I was a "know nothing" and told me I should have failed it on Discs & Pads all round, plus all 4 Tyres, and also asked why didn't I tell him it needed a Battery and Radiator as well .........................

There was nothing wrong with those items at time of test, so I gave him an appeal form, refused to re test it and told him to Fuck Off !!

Wanker :lol:

Priceless... As we hear most of the time about these "cowboys"..

They nailed my mother in law two weeks back, she wouldn't wait for us to go over a visit the next weekend.. Car had been Mot'd, passed with advisory on one tyre.. So she decided to get busy (i.e. bored), four tyres, discs and pads allround.. then tells me the Mot station should not have let he drive that way, been told car was lethal!

Thinking about, giving family the benefit of experience is not always going to work! It may not be received with the spirit is given..:huh:

Meanwhile these high street goons rip off punters, in this case an 82 yr old widow!

Sorry to hear that, but yes a helluva lot of "Fast Fit" operations are mostly a shower of shite !!

We don't have too many Quick Fit's up here, and to quote their adverts we "Don't Have Mechanics we have Mc Conechy's"

From what I've seen Mc Conechys are full of it too :(

I agree re trying to advise Family, my daughter in law is a case in point, always getting ripped off by main agents:rolleyes:

I don't bother with advice now unless it's one of my Customers, who normally don't question anything anyway, they just drop it off, pick it up and pay the bill :)