Sign in to follow this  
dawson

legal solutions for u

Never used them, they do offer something very similar to lawgistics I think.

Steph that is the rep for them is very nice and extremely helpful. 

Edited by Stalker

Timely! Looks like I may be calling lawgistics later.

Turns out a car I purchased from a main dealer through d/a is a CAT D on HPI but not on Experian through the dealer check or a/trader. 

Need to take a bit of advice where I stand.

Who was it said don’t take the jump lol

6 minutes ago, DCS01 said:

Timely! Looks like I may be calling lawgistics later.

Turns out a car I purchased from a main dealer through d/a is a CAT D on HPI but not on Experian through the dealer check or a/trader. 

Need to take a bit of advice where I stand.

Who was it said don’t take the jump lol

Surely your first port of call is the dealer?

• Like 1

I already have. They are doing an Equifax investigation. I will await the outcome of that before going any further.

I have been honest with my punter. I don’t want this biting me in the backside 2 years down the line.  He hasn’t kicked off (yet).

I would like to get all the information I can so I can plan for all outcomes.

Thanks.

At the second the dealer have an investigation in hand. I have used him a few times before. I will only escalate if I don’t get a satisfactory response. 

Hmmm.  It comes up on DA automatically if its a Cat C/D etc. in big read letters on the listing.  I had assumed this was DA checking automatically, the same as all cars listed on Autoraper come up telling you.

What did DA say? 

46 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Hmmm.  It comes up on DA automatically if its a Cat C/D etc. in big read letters on the listing.  I had assumed this was DA checking automatically, the same as all cars listed on Autoraper come up telling you.

What did DA say? 

Probably because Auotrader and DA, I assume, use Experian.

Hpi could have made a error listing it as Cat D.

Edited by David Ayers

Quote from Autoraper site:
"Vehicle checks on Auto Trader

Every car for sale on Auto Trader has a free five point background check, which covers whether the car is stolen, has been scrapped, written off, imported, or exported. You can see that information towards the end of every advert. 

For peace of mind, you can upgrade this to a full check for £14.95. If a vehicle has been written off, scrapped or is listed as stolen, Auto Trader will give you another vehicle check for free. There's also up to £30,000 of data guarantee is case of any inaccuracies. "

Yeah- Experian - you're right

So, if this car was checked using the same Experian system, then am I reading it right there's a 30k guarantee it's right?

(I also love the typo at the end of the paragraph)

Edited by NOACROSS

Strong level of irony there. With the typo.

The dealer and da both very surprised as it should automatically list as cat d on the sale. 

and also very surprised that it didn’t flag up when placing the advert (I can’t see anywhere to select written off?)

Did you advertise it on AT?  It should come up automatically.  Their (indeed ironic & inaccurate) spiel says the customer is covered is how I read it.

What a pain for you.  Anyway- the dealer needs to compensate you or take it back, but would be interesting to see AT's defence against this. No doubt arse well and truly covered in the small print somewhere.

Keep us posted!  (What have we got to do- Hpi check AND Experian check everything?)

Yes I did advertise it on there. I too thought it would come up. 

The customer is being very reasonable about it, he is taking to his paintwork guy tomorrow which I get the investigations done. 

It was only because someone scraped the side and his guy said it had a previous repair that this all came about...hopefully he doesn’t throw me under the bus on closer inspection. Hey ho. Will have to roll with the punches.

My best outcome is that he still wants the car and I get some money from the dealer via equifax and pass it on

3 hours ago, NOACROSS said:
There's also up to £30,000 of data guarantee is case of any inaccuracies. "

Now Alanis Morisette should have used that line in her song because that is actually ironic :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trade vet said:

You could always try the Manheim / Cox/ DA   Head of External Relations

Anyone remember his name????

Ok. Update.

The dealer has come back to be. Experian should have had it registered, they are going to claim from them.

My customer has had the car inspected by the bodyshop who are doing the insurance work. They say the cat d repair isn’t great. They don’t want the car.

My question is, the dealer is taking about paying me what I paid plus the expenses. In my opinion they should pay me back some of the profit I made on the car , at the end of the day I think I need to give him some compensation to keep my my reputation  plus I think I need some kind compensation for the stress and arse ache.

input would be gratefully received.

You are entitled to a full refund and reasonable consequential losses. You might have to sue them, you need to balance up whether your loss is worthy of all the hassle. 

It’s a shite position to be in and I’ve never been in this situation but if I was me I think if the dealer didn’t compensate I’d be taking them to court....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DCS01 said:

take the money and move on

your customer appreciates it isn't your fault

you are getting original money back plus betterment

i wouldn't push for more because frankly you wont get it

mistakes happen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCS01 said:

Ok. Update.

The dealer has come back to be. Experian should have had it registered, they are going to claim from them.

My customer has had the car inspected by the bodyshop who are doing the insurance work. They say the cat d repair isn’t great. They don’t want the car.

My question is, the dealer is taking about paying me what I paid plus the expenses. In my opinion they should pay me back some of the profit I made on the car , at the end of the day I think I need to give him some compensation to keep my my reputation  plus I think I need some kind compensation for the stress and arse ache.

Compensation society. Compensation for your stress?? You’re in the wrong       business buddy if that’s your thinking.