Sign in to follow this  
MyPalAl

Who Can Recommend a Turntable?

Hi,

I am moving premises and want to incorporate a motorised turntable, so that I can have a dedicated photo booth. 

However, I am wanting one as cost effective as possible, not one of these 'all singing all dancing' photo studio that many of the bigger dealers have, just a simple motorised turntable and I will sort out the lighting and the background.

Anyone on here use them, and if so, what recommendations do you have?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by MyPalAl

Just take all photos in the same location with the same background and Photoshop the background to whatever you want. 

Do turntables really sell cars? I'm sticking to balloons.

44 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Bunting... 

and naked sales girls. :unsure:

Don’t forget boots open.. 

• Like 1

I'd think long and hard before committing to a turntable. My accountant had a nosey around last year as was considering one myself. There are different sizes and some of the cheapest cant hold estates or bigger than an average medium sized saloon. For what they are I'm not convinced they'd actually help sell any more cars. You cant measure the impact and making sure you have loads of great photos (inside and out) and a decent walk round video is more important, They take up quite a bit of space as well and you cant use that valuable floor area for anything else. I've got a photo bay with great lighting, decent floor and backdrop but decided against a turntable based on cost and measurable return. Once its installed the depreciation as an asset is massive, its basically worthless, you cant really sell it and once its in, its in, difficult to relocate it without spending even more money. You're right to do homework, shop around if you are seriously looking and consider the size you need and relocation costs if you're not happy once its down

£15000 seems to be about right for one of these

it would be cheaper to buy some narrow guage rail and a small steam train and drive round the car taking pictures

dont forget the whistle though ,customers love whistles:huh:

• Like 2

I would love one of these whenever I move to a new site. 

I would make sure its a good one with a dedicated zone but it is your shop window. If it was £15k would I actually do it though? 

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

I would love one of these whenever I move to a new site. 

I would make sure its a good one with a dedicated zone but it is your shop window. If it was £15k would I actually do it though? 

I'd but 2 or 3 more stock cars instead

2 minutes ago, EPV said:

Bar none!

Every home should have one, well two, or three or.....

Thanks for your input folks, you may be right about it being a waste of money. I just had it in my mind that I wanted one!

Umesh, I have had a look at the 360 spin and I think it looks great, I will look into that as an option. Who do you use, if you don't mind me asking please? Thank you.

Cheers

I've yet to see decent photos off a turntable. Lighting, yes. Back drop, yes. Good equipment, yes. Turn table? Do you really sell that many, that turning the car around under its own power is that much of a hassle and drain on time? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ult1mat3X said:

You can pick one of these https://wisepick.org/best-record-player/, great turntables, decently built-in speakers. Solid build and I think it looks pretty cool. You can play your iPod through it. It also comes with software to convert your vinyl to mp3 format.

Lol

On 8/25/2018 at 9:17 PM, MyPalAl said:

Thanks for your input folks, you may be right about it being a waste of money. I just had it in my mind that I wanted one!

Umesh, I have had a look at the 360 spin and I think it looks great, I will look into that as an option. Who do you use, if you don't mind me asking please? Thank you.

Cheers

Sorry just seen this DM if I can help with any info :) ! #BetterLateThanNever 

46 minutes ago, umesh said:

Sorry just seen this DM if I can help with any info :) ! #BetterLateThanNever 

Umesh - any reason for the jump in your stock profile in the past year?

Looking really good now!

13 hours ago, Ult1mat3X said:

You can pick one of these https://wisepick.org/best-record-player/, great turntables, decently built-in speakers. Solid build and I think it looks pretty cool. You can play your iPod through it. It also comes with software to convert your vinyl to mp3 format.

Hahaha, FFS!!!!

/\ /\ /\ LOL, This springs to mind :lol:

103867340_loco.jpg

Edited by Dave2302