Sign in to follow this  
justlooking

“Are you totally fixed on price”

2 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

At least Benji gave us some entertainment!

Like. 

2 minutes ago, EPV said:

I don't think it should be public. I don't see the benefit to any trader.

Then abstain. Only use the trade only section. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Like. 

Then abstain. Only use the trade only section. 

Abstain?

It's an opinion Si, I'm saying I think it should be a private forum for trade only, I've given my reasons, you think differently. I don't need to abstain, just offer a differing view.

There are plenty of lurkers watching this right now gleaming info,  there are also those who fleet in and out requesting help. There’s nothing wrong with that imo. 

The Trade forum would be used more if admin sorted out their applications.

I’m happy for the public to see what I post here. If someone doesn’t like what I say they can simply jog on. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zest said:

did he see sense and buy it then or did he walk away?

Don't leave us hanging... the suspense! :D 

They bought! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, EPV said:

Abstain?

It's an opinion Si, I'm saying I think it should be a private forum for trade only, I've given my reasons, you think differently. I don't need to abstain, just offer a differing view.

James, we already have a private trade only forum. This is the public forum. 

5 hours ago, SC Derby said:

Put it in your advert and then they cannot argue.

I did, I’ll have to keep referring them back to advert

5 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

It's a difficult one.   On the whole I don't mind a test drive - especially with 40-60 in stock it helps keep 'em starting and cleans the discs off etc. but depends again on if I like them.

You run the risk of alienating them if you refuse a demo, and sometimes 'today's looker' is tomorrow's buyer'.  The ' the price is the price' question often deters the fool from a demo.

I like this one.  Will shamelessly steal that. ;-) 

Happy to help. Although I’m not sure it helps too much, I suppose there’s the odd chance the punter might be honest so I can work out there chances of buying

Wrong topic

9 hours ago, EPV said:

It’s not Masonic

The only thing wrong about Freemasonry is misguided outsiders perception of all the good work they do ;)

Edited by Mark101
Wrong topic

6 hours ago, David Ayers said:

You mean like this??

Chat Transcript

Visitor: what discount for no trade in & cash deal/
Operator: Hi there
Operator: Have you seen any vehicle on our website?
Visitor: yes
Operator: May I know the vehicle of your interest, please?
Visitor: 38 Images 2007 07 BMW X3 2.0 D SE 5d 148 BHP Free 12 month warranty 
Visitor: 2007 07 BMW X3 2.0 D SE 5d 
Operator: Could you confirm if this is the vehicle of interest? 2007 07 BMW X3 2.0 D SE 5D 148 BHP £4,999
Visitor: yes
Operator: Thanks, I will need to double check with the salesperson for any negotiations on price. Can I take your name, email address and phone number to reach you? 
Visitor: *************.com
Operator: Can I also take your name please?
Visitor: EdwardOperator: Thanks, when would you like to view the vehicle?
Visitor: need to know bottom line price
Operator: Okay, I have that noted. I’ll pass on your details and one of my colleagues will reach you soon with the required information. Is there anything else I could help you with today? 
Visitor: no thanks
Operator: You’re welcome. Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I sent a reply outlining our transparent pricing policy. Not holding my breath for a reply.

Didn’t get a reply.

Just another enquiry from him through another site.

5 hours ago, EPV said:

Abstain?

What goes on in this private forum? Is it more entertaining than on here? Oooh

I've put it off since photographing my trader's and emailing it falls to the bottom of the pile all the time.

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Wrong topic

The only thing wrong about Freemasonry is misguided outsiders perception of all the good work they do ;)

Are you a travelling man?

6 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Are you a travelling man?

Not at all Sir lol

Visitor: need to know bottom line price........

cant stand when peoples opening question is this, have just started with a reply of do you have your debit card on your for a £500 deposit when we agree a deal right now ?

oh you don't ? well maybe ask that question when you can buy my product then.

19 minutes ago, Dan W said:

Visitor: need to know bottom line price........

cant stand when peoples opening question is this, have just started with a reply of do you have your debit card on your for a £500 deposit when we agree a deal right now ?

oh you don't ? well maybe ask that question when you can buy my product then.

People who ask this are not buyers. They are people who have £5k to spend and are looking at £6k cars, hoping the dealer will come down £500 on the phone and they can get another £500 in person. There's a word for them, dreamers. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EPV said:

People who ask this are not buyers. They are people who have £5k to spend and are looking at £6k cars, hoping the dealer will come down £500 on the phone and they can get another £500 in person. There's a word for them, dreamers. 

+1 (although they’re think they might bag it for £4000, even though they’d love to have £3000 to spend, hope to scrape together £2000, have asked their parents for a £1000 loan but in reality HAVE ABSOLUTELY F.A. :lol: )

On 8/21/2018 at 7:03 PM, justlooking said:

Me and the billy have been messaging back n forth regarding this particular car and the answer from me is “yes it is fixed”.

but I wanted your guys experience of how you answer this question. Is it a blanket “yes its fixed”.

Or do you, like I did, take the opportunity to build value and reasoning into your price? By talking about spec, colour, history, condition?

thanks in advance.

Its easier for punters to ask for a deal these days because its behind a keyboard or a text message. It depends when they start asking though. I find if its the first thing they want to know then it very rarely results in a sale, If they ask questions about the car first and about us and then the price I usually find they are more serious about buying the car. Because I work hard to find my retail prices I dont do deals anymore though I just do gestures fo the right customers. The space cadets get thanked for their efforts. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SuperLease said:

Its easier for punters to ask for a deal these days because its behind a keyboard or a text message. It depends when they start asking though. I find if its the first thing they want to know then it very rarely results in a sale, If they ask questions about the car first and about us and then the price I usually find they are more serious about buying the car. Because I work hard to find my retail prices I dont do deals anymore though I just do gestures fo the right customers. The space cadets get thanked for their efforts. 

i totally agree

you can always tell a prospective sale by the fact the main question is, is it still for sale?,i never get asked best price from these people and when they turn up when they say they will its a privilege to serve them and i tell them so and thank them for the sale

• Like 2

On 23/08/2018 at 10:05 PM, boring dave said:

i totally agree

you can always tell a prospective sale by the fact the main question is, is it still for sale?,i never get asked best price from these people and when they turn up when they say they will its a privilege to serve them and i tell them so and thank them for the sale

I had this today. Lady had her car written off. Started with is it still for sale.

I still negotiated a bit off the price as they were going to look at another car 10 miles away that had leather and reversing camera that mine didn’t. I was confident my car couldn’t be beaten on condition and history but didn’t want to take the chance of them going away.

On 23/08/2018 at 0:05 AM, boring dave said:

i totally agree

Agreed, the first question “is it still for sale?” Second question “how do I pay the deposit?” ending with.... I loved your video Simon :) 

That is exactly how it should happen :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Agreed, the first question “is it still for sale?” Second question “how do I pay the deposit?” ending with.... I loved your video Simon :) 

That is exactly how it should happen :)

Yep! 

Rather than ‘I just wanna have a quick look! I’m only local! I need to see if it’s this BMW X5 I want, or the Citroen C1 I saw yesterday!’ 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Yep! 

Rather than ‘I just wanna have a quick look! I’m only local! I need to see if it’s this BMW X5 I want, or the Citroen C1 I saw yesterday!’ 

or says “I want to see a few of your cars”. Always the sign of someone who doesn’t have a clue what they want & want to try out a few before trotting off elsewhere to look at a few more. Sorry, but that’s what you pitch lads are for, not me.

On 26/08/2018 at 7:49 AM, Del Boy said:

Yep! 

I hate the "quick look" lot. There are tons of great activities for the weekend, why would looking at cars you're not going to buy be one of them?

Or the "I just have to sell my car first". Why the hell are you wasting YOUR time and mine when you don't have the money ready?!

Took a call yesterday.

Im interested in your BMW

Me: Which one sir, we have 4

The Touring

Me: Yes, still available, how can I help you?

I'm also interested in your Focus ST

Me: Yes, still available

I'm also interested in your 325 Coupe, infact I am interested in a few of your cars.  What discount would you do on the 325 Coupe?

Me: I don't do discounts and it is fresh in.

Do you deliver

Me: Yes, I can offer delivery

That's great becuase I am too busy to come.

Me: No problem, cost will be £X

That sounds fair - Can I pay you now with my debit card for the BMW 325

Me: Sorry, I cannot take card payments remotely, only in person.  You can bank transfer me the payment, I will send you a proforma invoice.

Oh ok, I just need to go and talk to my wife and call you back.

Radio silence ever since.

Sold the Touring next day to someone else anyway, full price + £100 to extend warranty.

Edited by Mark101

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Took a call yesterday.

Im interested in your BMW

Me: Which one sir, we have 4

The Touring

Me: Yes, still available, how can I help you?

I'm also interested in your Focus ST

Me: Yes, still available

I'm also interested in your 325 Coupe, infact I am interested in a few of your cars.  What discount would you do on the 325 Coupe?

Me: I don't do discounts and it is fresh in.

Do you deliver

Me: Yes, I can offer delivery

That's great becuase I am too busy to come.

Me: No problem, cost will be £X

That sounds fair - Can I pay you now with my debit card for the BMW 325

Me: Sorry, I cannot take card payments remotely, only in person.  You can bank transfer me the payment, I will send you a proforma invoice.

Oh ok, I just need to go and talk to my wife and call you back.

Radio silence ever since.

Sold the Touring next day to someone else anyway, full price + £100 to extend warranty.

could be trying to use someone else's CC

6 minutes ago, Zest said:

could be trying to use someone else's CC

Exactly what I thought

Obviously yes

I assume they also know the real owner of the car

Probably a junkie with access to mummies house

He was asking for car delivering so was probably going to sell it at cash converters or whatever these people use

I once had a guy pull a cheque book out that was shopocheck or something similar he honestly believed I was going to let him take the car back to liverpool there and then

Muppets