Sign in to follow this  
James01

August sales

How is everyone finding this month? Started well for us but last week was really quiet with a run of really painful time wasters! 

Good here.  Busiest month so far for a while.  It'll soon change though I'm sure.

Steady Eddie.

6 from 10 sold, 5 away with one handover at the end of the month. I'll be surprised if I can't squeeze one more away in the next 10 days. No tress pulled but equally no hair pulled either.

Been a good month to be fair, won't break any records but definitely busier than last August which was rubbish.

31 so far with a few deposits and things waiting collection. 

Back to normal with plenty to do. The last couple of years September to December has gone busy for us dying down just before Xmas. 

13 in stock and advertised, 4 sold at the very beginning of the month, then nothing for a couple of weeks, then 3 sold and 1 possible (looking at finance options) on Saturday. 

Also managed to get away for a few days which was nice and managed to buy 4 at Blackbushe yesterday, some prices were crazy high, some very low. If I can sell another 3-4 until end of Aug I will have a very nice month. 

58 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

31 so far with a few deposits and things waiting collection. 

Back to normal with plenty to do. The last couple of years September to December has gone busy for us dying down just before Xmas. 

I don’t think I can quite emphasise enough how much of an achievement this is, considering it’s just you doing the buying and selling. 31 from 45? And still 10 days to go. Unbelievable. 

8 for me - 6 gone, 2 with holding deposits for collection before month end.

August is traditionally quiet here and it’s no change this year but looking forward to September as last year was one of our best ever, hopefully it’ll be repeated!

3 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Also managed to get away for a few days which was nice and managed to buy 4 at Blackbushe yesterday, some prices were crazy high, some very low. If I can sell another 3-4 until end of Aug I will have a very nice month. 

I went to blackbushe yesterday bought 6, like you say some silly money some bargains hate going there though its a long day. 

Been a very strong month here.

Good for us so far, 22 away  this month from 36 advertised, deposits taken this morning on another 2. hope to end month around 30, which would be 4 more than Aug 2017 with same amount of stock. Just been steady for us all month and service has been fully booked, people looking to get their car done before holidays end I reckon

Slow start but the last 2 weeks has been manic on track for a strong month hoping for a good result this bank holiday though its usually feast or famine this time of year.

Managed one out of 4 so far with my fledgling venture.

And on the car I was least confident on. 

Guy came down without calling. Lucky the old man showed him the car. (Although he did let him go after the 1st viewing and didn’t take a phone number)..shows I need to be there full time I think.

Not bad, certainly better than April/May. Many cars tied up in prep though and only a handful for sale so it's lean times for the minute. It comes and goes in waves.

Another away today so 7 from 9. If things fall into place in terms of getting problem cars back to retail ready I could squeeze one more in this month I reckon but if not, I can have no complaints. Making a living, happy in life and paying my way. What more do you need. 

12 minutes ago, EPV said:

What more do you need. 

If you ain't got me peace of mind -

ask alfie

this is my mantra

6 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Not bad, certainly better than April/May. Many cars tied up in prep though and only a handful for sale so it's lean times for the minute. It comes and goes in waves.

I’m glad business is looking more positive for you  :)

Its a rollercoaster !

6 hours ago, EPV said:

Another away today so 7 from 9. If things fall into place in terms of getting problem cars back to retail ready I could squeeze one more in this month I reckon but if not, I can have no complaints. Making a living, happy in life and paying my way. What more do you need. 

I've got stock coming out of my ears (for a doorstepper).

11 on driveway, 3 with valeter, 1 in workshop and 2 sold waiting for collection.

I reckon my new wrecker may just tip the neighbours over the edge.

Oh, and 1 more stored in my mates unit because I'm completely out of space - where do all the other doorsteppers keep excess stock? I need to think outside the box.

Nothing is in the road I may add.

Edited by Mark101

5 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Tax a few :) 

Correct