Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Epoxy floor paint

Just now, tradex said:

Agreed but it always feel more, I don't know the word, professional sounds a tad formal but you know what I mean....and you get a carry an executive case to work, stuffed with V5's MOT's n sarnies..

Image result for executive briefcase

I don't have a case, nor trousers :lol:...... I do all my compuiter work from home, I only go in to my unit when its needed...

1 hour ago, tradex said:

But you do have a smile Simon,worth so much more;)

Stop it........... ;)

I know exactly what you two are talking about, I can’t help feel slightly inferior for not having premises. 

How to make a Hyundai desirable. That photo doesn’t get any better. Well done AD. 

• Like 1

Just now, EPV said:

How to make a Hyundai desirable. That photo doesn’t get any better. Well done AD. 

I must say, I’m very pleased with the outcome, it’s exactly the effect I wanted. 

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

It's done......

s-l1600.jpg

Where’s the hand clapping smiley?

Looks spot on B)

53 minutes ago, D7neo said:

looks well in the pictures! what camera do you use?

iphone 6 and a "sony cyber-shop gps hd avc hd carl zeiss" thingy.... 

13 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

iphone 6 and a "sony cyber-shop gps hd avc hd carl zeiss" thingy.... 

I understood IPhone 6 :lol:

Cracking pictures Simon, really smart.

Background and floor look great, but I am sorry to say the car looks awful because of the interpolated pixels.

It looks like it has been digitally enlarged and not optically zoomed.

5 hours ago, twerp said:

Background and floor look great, but I am sorry to say the car looks awful because of the interpolated pixels.

Really Twerp, you think the car looks awful....

9 hours ago, mrs maybe said:

floor paint is cheaper  comes in many colours and is just as durable

No way; I was at BCA yesterday and looking at their floor it must be an epoxy resin finish.  BCA undoubtedly have more traffic than any of us and the floor is mint - whenever I have used standard floor paint, it comes off and wears out very quickly.

I think you've done a cracking job Simon and no doubt still "flying" off the fumes.....

9 hours ago, mrs maybe said:

It'll peel off within days.

4 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

No way; I was at BCA yesterday and looking at their floor it must be an epoxy resin finish.  BCA undoubtedly have more traffic than any of us and the floor is mint - whenever I have used standard floor paint, it comes off and wears out very quickly.

I think you've done a cracking job Simon and no doubt still "flying" off the fumes.....

Yeeeaaaahhhhh Maaaaaaannnnn.

I kep a bag of it to add to my evostik collection..

48 minutes ago, tradex said:

I once spilt fence paint on some paving and the stuff is still there, 3 world cups later..... 8 years! 

Love that deep, soft feely resin floor coating though, my garage is getting it at home.....eventually. 

Looks stunning Simon, very nice job indeed. B)

PS I notice your photo angle is taken from low to high.....sorta looking up to the car. 

This is a constant source of amusement here, I do down to car, partner does it up to car, your way...I'm coming around to his way lately. Silly thing, but suits some cars more than others. 

I mainly do low to high, but agree some cars look better high to low

4 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Really Twerp, you think the car looks awful....

Yes - the composition, lighting and background are great, but the actual camera image quality is poor and low resolution.

Edited by twerp

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:
10 hours ago, mrs maybe said:

bca will have more traffic but floor paint is, in the long term, cheaper, sweeps easy, repels water, and if your renting? why give the landlord a bonus ? if it comes off and wears out very quickly thats either paint bought off a pikey or a damp floor, we do ours every xmas, throw it out of tin, roller on end of sweeping brush handle, and roll away, make sure you put the padlocks by the exit door though first :rolleyes:

My background in the dim and distant is aviation... this is why floor paint works well and always will.. you will find many a workshop or man cave of aviation fella is done with epoxy.. just nothing else, simples..

Image result for american hangar floor painted

BTW.. the corner of your workshop and new images are super, great effort to be proud of.. are you going the vehicle demo/handover/presentation area at the starage entrance in the same? Just a thought.. I reckon it would look the part to have the car start waiting for the billy/noo owner etc...

Keep up the good work.. +1 on the admirers here..

Edited by Area 51

11 hours ago, twerp said:

Well to me the photo looks preeeettttttyyyy good. If you are being genuine about the optical zoom then you are either crazy OCD or you're just bored.

1 hour ago, twerp said:

Yes - the composition, lighting and background are great, but the actual camera image quality is poor and low resolution.

Twerp. The image is good enought for 99.9r % of people looking on their mobiles. If you are anal David Bailey type then of course you can be critical. But looking at your post, you never have anything positive to say about anything.

1 hour ago, Area 51 said:

My background in the dim and distant is aviation... this is why floor paint works well and always will.. you will find many a workshop or man cave of aviation fella is done with epoxy.. just nothing else, simples..

Image result for american hangar floor painted

BTW.. the corner of your workshop and new images are super, great effort to be proud of.. are you going the vehicle demo/handover/presentation area at the starage entrance in the same? Just a thought.. I reckon it would look the part to have the car start waiting for the billy/noo owner etc...

Keep up the good work.. +1 on the admirers here..

Cheers Area 51 ;)

45 minutes ago, MSP Motors said:

Well to me the photo looks preeeettttttyyyy good. If you are being genuine about the optical zoom then you are either crazy OCD or you're just bored.

Cheers MSP  ;)

3 hours ago, MSP Motors said:

I mean it, it will look worse when AT scale the photo down.

No offence intended AD, just an observation. 

Yes absolutely, any one still frame from your video has a higher resolution and shows the car better.

Probably won't matter to the average Santa Fe driver, but hey ho !