Sign in to follow this  
It's me

test drive funnies (i'll start)

on a test drive yesterday,i always drive out let the customer drive back,this way engine warm customer relaxed etc

anyway

we swapped in a lay-by i got in the passenger side they get to drive

so im showing that the aircon works and theres the nastiest smell you could imagine,so bad we nearly parked up and i honked

turns out my customer had brought in a load of excrement from the layby the floor mat was full of it

oh how we laughed :(

Not so much a test drive but it sort of was because this old lady had only just passed her test, I delivered the car to her and it was her first time in the car, now I know what your thinking why did you let her drive it, but she had been telling me how she had just been doing extra lessons for her pass plus test, so thought she would be fine, she got in the car pulled it out and drove straight into a parked car.

18 minutes ago, david gott said:

Not so much a test drive but it sort of was because this old lady had only just passed her test, I delivered the car to her and it was her first time in the car, now I know what your thinking why did you let her drive it, but she had been telling me how she had just been doing extra lessons for her pass plus test, so thought she would be fine, she got in the car pulled it out and drove straight into a parked car.

Had she already paid for the car? :lol:

Going back a few years I had a Polish guy come and view a Suzuki Swift, He barely spoke a word of English.

Took him out for a test drive and he drove,  except he casually drove us down the right hand side of the road!  I was literally screaming at him to get on the left before he killed us but he didn’t have a clue what I was saying to him. 

Sold a Jaguar SV8 to an armed response Cop , out on test drive i thought we were on a call :) The guy could seriously drive though , talk about never miss an opportunity to overtake , and use every inch of the tarmac . Gets back he goes that's a quick car I'll have it , Sold him a XFR last time that was an interesting drive :) 

• Like 1

Strictly this happened after the test drive but still makes me chuckle,

knobhead customers trying to rag a car all through the test drive I finally had enough and asked him to pull over as I was going to drive back, I don't mind someone driving fast but he was right up the arse of other cars and being far too aggressive for a test drive, sat in silence with him on the way back to the dealership.... after we both got out of the car he said that car is sh*t anyway and I wouldn't buy from you pr*cks....

gets into his car and tries to speed off out of our car park but he fails to see the metal gate posts just infront of him and smash..... beaches himself on them and rips his front end off. look on his face was priceless

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Dan W said:

knobhead customers trying to rag a car all through the test drive I finally had enough and asked him to pull over as I was going to drive back, I don't mind someone driving fast but he was right up the arse of other cars and being far too aggressive for a test drive, sat in silence with him on the way back to the dealership.... after we both got out of the car he said that car is sh*t anyway and I wouldn't buy from you pr*cks....

gets into his car and tries to speed off out of our car park but he fails to see the metal gate posts just infront of him and smash..... beaches himself on them and rips his front end off. look on his face was priceless

That made me spill my coffee Dan from laughing :):lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan W said:

Tell me you have pictures!!? :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zest said:

Tell me you have pictures!!? :)

Use your imagination, it’s quality!

No pictures Sorry, but yes it was something similar to that, couldn't of happened to a nicer chap. some customers get what they deserve.

Edited by Dan W

33 minutes ago, Dan W said:

No pictures Sorry, but yes it was something similar to that, couldn't of happened to a nicer chap. some customers get what they deserve.

Just imagine his face if you'd have walked up, brazen as anything and started snapping away!! 

• Like 1

hope you took his details for the damage to your property......

8 hours ago, Dan W said:

Fantastic 

12 hours ago, Dan W said:

How many of you guys have had to stop the test drive and drive back yourself? 

This ones not that funny, actually more like scary.

Selling a beautiful A5 S-line Black edition in bright red, Young Polish chap arrives before opening time, seems keen, takes the car apart, like totally goes through it. You know the type think they know all there is to know about cars. Takes out an electronic paint thickness gauge and askes if it's ok to use it on the car. Car never got paint or repair so I was ok with it. After many minutes of scrutiny he asks if we can go for a test drive.

So off we head down a narrow road with lots of bends and junctions. As we approach the first blind junction I find he's keeping very much to the right hand side of the road and I get a bit on edge, we get through it and up the road nice and swiftly as he pushes it on. We get to the next blind bend, he's again on the RHS so I say ''can you keep a bit more to your own side mate these roads are quiet dangerous and someone could come against us just as quick'' he doesn't seem to heed me. On we go again and he's like way over the middle of the road on the RHS and I say ''do you realise we drive on the LHS of the road over here, it's actually different to Poland'', at which point he smiles and said  ''Yes you are correct, in my country is big problem''

One test drive I wanna forget!

He didn't buy it in the end, but did make me quiet a reasonable offer....... 1250 below asking!

14 hours ago, Dan W said:

YOU COULD MAKE THAT UP...PRICLESS!!

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:34 PM, Lakeside said:

Going back a few years I had a Polish guy come and view a Suzuki Swift, He barely spoke a word of English.

Took him out for a test drive and he drove,  except he casually drove us down the right hand side of the road!  I was literally screaming at him to get on the left before he killed us but he didn’t have a clue what I was saying to him. 

Snap!

Could it be the same guy?

Edited by Scooby who