Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

car dealer invoicing software

what software is everyone using? our business is starting to grow considerably now, and i dont want a massive issue at the end of the year.  Wondering if there is software that keeps a stock history book etc and works out the profit for VAT purposes etc.

Regards

Grant

I use click dealer who have a dms linked to my site. I wouldn’t need anything else. 

57 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

what software is everyone using? our business is starting to grow considerably now, and i dont want a massive issue at the end of the year.  Wondering if there is software that keeps a stock history book etc and works out the profit for VAT purposes etc.

Regards

Grant

Excel - Stock Book with autocalculation showing Gross Margin, VAT Margin and Nett Margin - needs norhing else.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Excel - Stock Book with autocalculation showing Gross Margin, VAT Margin and Nett Margin - needs norhing else.

Can't beat a good spreadsheet

We use https://www.motortradersassistant.co.uk/

VAT is a doddle, profit and loss, stock book, invoices in and out, end of year send a file to the accountant and they do their bit.

It's definitely helped us through the years although you do still have to make sure that you're accurate in to get accurate out.

17 hours ago, Tim H said:

We use https://www.motortradersassistant.co.uk/

VAT is a doddle, profit and loss, stock book, invoices in and out, end of year send a file to the accountant and they do their bit.

It's definitely helped us through the years although you do still have to make sure that you're accurate in to get accurate out.

this looks good, how much is the yearly fee?

I trailed that site but at more than £600 a year, it’s something I can manage easily on Excel

We switched a earlier this year from Dragon to Auto Sales. Its a bit clunky compared to Dragon and not quite as polished but it's 1/3 the price for us and they are excellent people to deal with unlike the good folk at Dragon Their pricing depends on the number of units you add to stock but for us it normally comes to £40+ vat per month

On 02/07/2018 at 7:56 PM, Autolink100 said:

We switched a earlier this year from Dragon to Auto Sales. Its a bit clunky compared to Dragon and not quite as polished but it's 1/3 the price for us and they are excellent people to deal with unlike the good folk at Dragon Their pricing depends on the number of units you add to stock but for us it normally comes to £40+ vat per month

+1 for Auto Sales. Their support is fantastic.

Will this auto sales work with HMRC new digital tax in april i.e upload VAT returns to HMRC. 

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Will this auto sales work with HMRC new digital tax in april i.e upload VAT returns to HMRC. 

I have just called Garry and asked him. He advised that we are compatible with the version of Sage we use.

On 6/30/2018 at 1:55 PM, Grantlfc81 said:

Regards

Grant

https://fitsmallbusiness.com/best-small-business-accounting-software/