Sign in to follow this  
PSJ

Advertising

Hi we are currently advertising with eBay, Autotrader and Facebook. Is it worth advertising with Motors? Any thoughts? Thanks 

1 minute ago, PSJ said:

Hi we are currently advertising with eBay, Autotrader and Facebook. Is it worth advertising with Motors? Any thoughts? Thanks 

Nope.

19 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Worst platform I have ever experienced. 

Similar experience for me. Almost as much of a waste of time as eBay for me. 3 months, 2 enquires, no sales.

59 minutes ago, PSJ said:

Is it worth advertising with Motors?

Absolutely. 

£96 per month for 20 vehicles (I have 12-15) and the adverts from there go free to a couple of dozen other motoring websites. Every month a have a few leads and at least one sale. 

By comparison my £225 per month mid-level package with CarGurus brought me 2 confirmed sales for the whole of 2017. Have given them my notice now. 

• Like 1

We do really well with ebay (motors pro) all values. 

Motors is OK and just about pays for itself at worst, and sells a couple more on a good month, but as Nick says- they push your stock wide and who knows how many people get directed to your website from there (you can get this info from their stats and it's OK in general.)

Car Gurus performs better than Motors. Exchange and Mart about the same as Car Gurus.

Working on your SEM/SEO is important and the excellent Click Dealer take care of this for us.  They also will manage Facebook for you but I'm too old to do social media so I can't really comment on its effectiveness but I'm told it's OK if you work it well.

We dumped Autoraper a couple of years ago and my thoughts on them has been done to death on this forum so I won't stir that old nest up again but there's loads of threads on it.

• Like 1

Just sold one this morning from motors...... 3 for the month, although my bill is £132....... looks like you got better bargaining skills than I Nick!

• Like 1

Maybe you have more cars advertised or I just caught their rep on a good day when signed up with them about 18 months ago. To be fair their price seemed so much lower than everyone else's that I didn't see the need to push them on the price like I usually do with everything else. 

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Absolutely. 

£96 per month for 20 vehicles (I have 12-15) and the adverts from there go free to a couple of dozen other motoring websites. Every month a have a few leads and at least one sale. 

By comparison my £225 per month mid-level package with CarGurus brought me 2 confirmed sales for the whole of 2017. Have given them my notice now. 

That sounds far better value than when i was with them. I was at 350 ish per month for 20 cars, binned it off after 3 months as it got me next to nothing. might be worth another look

• Like 1

It’s really interesting isn’t it, how things differ so much for people. I think the only real way of knowing is trying, measuring and making your own mind up. 

Ebay is a ghost town for me, motors was no better and i’m giving Car Gurus a 6 month try on the advice of arguably the most successful dealer on here so we’ll see what happens but what I do know is that AT is where I sell everything. Others have managed to ditch AT and not suffered. Like many things in this trade it seems the only way to find out is for yourself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EPV said:

It’s really interesting isn’t it, how things differ so much for people. I think the only real way of knowing is trying, measuring and making your own mind up. 

Ebay is a ghost town for me, motors was no better and i’m giving Car Gurus a 6 month try on the advice of arguably the most successful dealer on here so we’ll see what happens but what I do know is that AT is where I sell everything. Others have managed to ditch AT and not suffered. Like many things in this trade it seems the only way to find out is for yourself. 

Yup, tried living without AT a couple of years ago and went EbayMotorsPro which just seemed to bring the idiots out. As a matter of interest EPV, what package have you got with AT? Starter?Basic?Standard?Advanced?Premium?

To quote the founder of Tesco....’only half your advertising works,but you don’t know which half ‘.

• Like 1

Just now, palomine motors said:

Starter?Basic?Standard?Advanced?Premium?

I didn't even know they had that many... 

Just now, palomine motors said:

Yup, tried living without AT a couple of years ago and went EbayMotorsPro which just seemed to bring the idiots out. As a matter of interest EPV, what package have you got with AT? Starter?Basic?Standard?Advanced?Premium?

It was standard and unsurprising my rep suggested I try premium. 2 days in and my ad views have double and i’ve all but sold two cars. No idea if they would have sold without being premium but the logic of being seen by as many as possible is a sound one. 

10 minutes ago, EPV said:

i’m giving Car Gurus a 6 month try on the advice of arguably the most successful dealer on here

I've had this chat with same dealer and I think that for CG to work for you you need higher stock levels. I'll be very happy to be proven wrong though.  

Edited by Nick M.K.

11 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I've had this chat with same dealer and I think that for CG to work for you you need higher stock levels. I'll be very happy to be proven wrong though.  

It’s possible and the reason being I think is that a significant amount of leads come from their price markers, which can be wildly different from AT’s. If you have 10 cars and only 2 of them are considered “great deal” or “good deal” then you won’t sell many through them. However with a 40 Car stock level and 20 of them with a favourable price marker you’ll do well from them. 

Thats what I have gathered so far. 

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

I didn't even know they had that many... 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

It’s

And PAy As YOu Go

4 hours ago, David Ayers said:

Motors are about to put stock onto Facebook Market place

Already started, spotted one of their ads today..