Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

BMW I Drive repair

Guts who do you recommend to repair the IDRIVE on an E60 5 series, its stuck on the BMW logo, sometimes works sometimes doesn't

cheers 

Andy

19 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

Guts who do you recommend to repair the IDRIVE on an E60 5 series, its stuck on the BMW logo, sometimes works sometimes doesn't

cheers 

Andy

Andy,I think you need to employ a new buyer.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

i cant its me, it was working

1 hour ago, Dealer said:

Yes I've recently sent one off for repair that randomly started switching on and off etc. I used a guy who advertises on ebay. Not a cheap fix mind. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183286608144

how much?

10 hours ago, trade vet said:

Buy and sell enough and no getting away from problems. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

i cant its me, it was working

how much?

£250........I tried everything beforehand including the reset procedure but to no avail. 

I drive a 6 series and its i-drive (same system i think?) goes really lazy every now and again and eventually stops working. Remove all CD's, DVD discs etc from and then remove battery, then do as suggested above, test and fully charge. Refit battery and off you go.

I've been told not to leave the DVD sat nav disc in the unit unless I'm using the sat nav and also make sure they keys are a long way away from the vehicle when not in use.....apparently they have a get ready mode or something when they can still detect the keys and they never shut down 100%............sounded a load of hear say advice but a few months on and mines behaving perfectly. 

• Like 1

maybe this time andymc1973 might thank you guys for going to the trouble of how to usually fix this

• Like 1

wooahh wind your neck in, has someone pissed on your chips? If I didn't thank anyone it will have been an oversight and not intentional

I have done favours and helped a lot of people behind the scenes from this board, I'm sorry If I didn't feel the need to publicise this

10 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

wooahh wind your neck in, has someone pissed on your chips? If I didn't thank anyone it will have been an oversight and not intentional

I have done favours and helped a lot of people behind the scenes from this board, I'm sorry If I didn't feel the need to publicise this

the internet works on thanks ,ive found,just like ebay,...........just saying, .......have you eventried the hard reset i offered but removed but still offered by other members free of charge but now its on a public forum you cant nick one when it shows this fault