Ocsltd

HPi issue

I've got a customer who has put a deposit on a car, he's taken the V5 ref number and issue date (he's a very genuine guy so have no concerns on that front), but he's just emailed saying the hpi report states, "The issue date supplied for the V5C (Logbook) does not match the information provided by the DVLA.

Obviously the DVLA are closed today so I can't get to the bottom of it today. Before my customer cocks off, anyone had this before? any ideas?

The V5 I have was last issued 15/04/18 so can't imagine there's a later one kicking about?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Hpi not updated? Previously on a private plate

To check it's the latest go through the taxing process. You don't have to tax it but it will let you know if it can't be done

Edited by David Ayers

Hi David,

Yes it was previously on a private plate. The first thing I did was as you rightly say, go through the taxing process, and it will allow me to tax the car, so I'm happy it's the latest V5C. 

Could it just be that HPi hasn't been updated?

I have had this several times.

DVLA have simply not updated HPI of the most recent new document date.

Not helpful especially when customer cannot speak to DVLA.

The most recent V5 issue date used to show when you do a DVLA vehicle check but it does not seem to provide it any more.

16 minutes ago, russp said:

The most recent V5 issue date used to show when you do a DVLA vehicle check but it does not seem to provide it any more.

Ok thanks.

18 hours ago, russp said:

Out of interest how did you get it resolved? Did the DVLA update HPi once you contacted them?

There has always been DVLA problems.We had sold something and the punters complained when the doc came back stating it was a lawn mower.I can’t remember whether we had to swap the car to keep them happy.It would be nice to have an insider in DVLA to quickly resolve problems,I don’t think it is open to the public.

1 hour ago, Ocsltd said:

Out of interest how did you get it resolved? Did the DVLA update HPi once you contacted them?

I phoned DVLA with the customer present and asked them to confirm the most recent issue date which was the same as the V5.

There a nightmare to deal with on the phone, i drive there these days the customer service center made up of 4 ladies on the front counter who are very helpful, two of them have been there since the year . and theres nothing they dont know.

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

There a nightmare to deal with on the phone, i drive there these days the customer service center made up of 4 ladies on the front counter who are very helpful, two of them have been there since the year . and theres nothing they dont know.

So they are open for walk in enquiries,that is good news !

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

So they are open for walk in enquiries,that is good news !

Yep sure are, ground floor as you enter the site in Morriston.

unfair advantage but it’s 15 mins away from us it’s quicker to drive there than it is navigate there phone system