Sign in to follow this  
FHP11

Unreasonable Customers

Any advise on how to manage unreasonable customers with faults. Wondering if my approach is right.

As traders, we all know that a 6 year old car just isn't the same as a brand new car. Its highly probable of the many thousands of components on the vehicle, they aren't all working as they were when it was new.

We're always happy to help with any issues customers find, but why are they always so unreasonable. Why do they think its OK to take a 6 year old Renault to the main dealer for a new battery and then just send you the bill...

Why do they have to tell you how much of an inconvenience it is and how disappointed they are because they pushed their budget to afford the £7000 said vehicle.

If experience tells me anything, its that a £30,000 Range Rover is more likely to cause you headaches than a £5000 Ford but hey ho.

Well seeing as they went and bought the new battery and no doubt got royally bummed without first contacting you you then sending you the bill I would be inclined to nip in straight in the bud and remind them of the process of dealing with faults by first giving you the chance to fix. 

Personally I wound politely explain a battery is a consumable item battery as they can tend to go without warning, and its just unfortunate its gone now. Bye!

That said if they have not had the car long and you sense a storm brewing I would price up a battery from your usual supplier(s) and offer a good will gesture of that price.  

• Like 1

Price battery with your local supplier, explain politely that you can buy the item at said price and therefore you will not be paying the grossly over inflated price that has been provided. 

• Like 1

pages delivered me a battery this morning

now the drivers a bit of an arrogant so and so

so i warned him not to start anything

• Like 1