Mat C

Z4 Alpina value?

Been offered this beauty against my £18k GP2. I have no idea what its worth, however feeling he wants a straight swap or even cashback..

Anyone know anyone who'd love this?

2004/54 Z4 S LUX Roadster

Met Blue, Black Leather.

6 Owner

FSH been garaged and kept like a newborn etc.....

If i could work out how to load a photo I would but I can email them no worries.

On 30/04/2018 at 11:34 AM, Cornish Guy said:

Lost of Money

They seem to go at Auction for lots of money.

Is it the same car you are being offered? 

Thats the one - however the guys wants in excess of £20k for it, DEFINITLEY NOT

I've walked away from the deal...

6 hours ago, Mat C said:

Thats the one - however the guys wants in excess of £20k for it, DEFINITLEY NOT

I've walked away from the deal...

It's £12k-£15k in my book

I can do a deal with this man at £16k for the Alpina?

Which means he's fed up with the stupid enquiries too. If anyone ever asks me for a deal which closely resembles a straight swap, I just ask myself, would I rather have my car or his? the answer is normally mine. That swapper, although rare and potentially profitable, looks like a twat magnet. You could spend a lot of time with 'brand ambassadors' before you sell it. And its isnt a young car either so potential for significant faults lurks.

Just now, Matt Reid said:

Which means he's fed up with the stupid enquiries too. If anyone ever asks me for a deal which closely resembles a straight swap, I just ask myself, would I rather have my car or his? the answer is normally mine. That swapper, although rare and potentially profitable, looks like a twat magnet. You could spend a lot of time with 'brand ambassadors' before you sell it. And its isnt a young car either so potential for significant faults lurks.

Definitely. I'd rather have my car than his, hence i'm hoping someone will underwrite it. To be honest I gave up with this guy and then he's popped back up and significantly reduced his expectations. There's a man out there for this car, just trying to find him/her!

On 4/30/2018 at 10:57 AM, Mat C said:

Been offered this beauty against my £18k GP2. I have no idea what its worth, however feeling he wants a straight swap or even cashback..

Anyone know anyone who'd love this?

2004/54 Z4 S LUX Roadster

Met Blue, Black Leather.

6 Owner

FSH been garaged and kept like a newborn etc.....

If i could work out how to load a photo I would but I can email them no worries.

Don't do it...  Offer him a small discount off your car if he sells it privately or goes to WBAC.

Less hassle and as others have said you'll get the Alpina brigade round telling you stories of how they were design engineers at BMW for 24 years and how they managed to rebuild seven BMW engines and their first car was a GT40

+1 and the mileage on that Z4 albeit low, is not low enough for any true purest IMO

45 minutes ago, Earunder said:

Less hassle and as others have said you'll get the Alpina brigade round telling you stories of how they were design engineers at BMW for 24 years and how they managed to rebuild seven BMW engines and their first car was a GT40

About 6 months ago I had a BMW bore, with a BMW p/x, interested in one of my gems.

Firstly he emailed War & Peace telling me his engine was based on the 1970s Formula 1 engine, so I ignored him. Strangely for one of these email bores he phoned up with the same spiel, you’d of thought this idiot’s car was actually a Formula 1 car - embarrassing. His car? A f***ing clapped out 18 year old 318 estate with about 200K on the clock. Arsehole valued it at something like £1500, I bid him £100 and when he started his patter again I cut him off. I’d hate to have to deal with an Alpina bore :blink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BHM said:

About 6 months ago I had a BMW bore, with a BMW p/x, interested in one of my gems.

Firstly he emailed War & Peace telling me his engine was based on the 1970s Formula 1 engine, so I ignored him. Strangely for one of these email bores he phoned up with the same spiel, you’d of thought this idiot’s car was actually a Formula 1 car - embarrassing. His car? A f***ing clapped out 18 year old 318 estate with about 200K on the clock. Arsehole valued it at something like £1500, I bid him £100 and when he started his patter again I cut him off. I’d hate to have to deal with an Alpina bore :blink:

Hahaha, I find it relatively amusing tbh.  The look on their faces when told their BMW after spec'd, time machine, marvel of a super car is actually not worth a carrot is priceless.  Lord the Alpina owners take pretentious to a whole new level.  It's still a bloody BMW not a sodding Ferrari Enzo

Don't fall for the trick of there isn't many out there.  As there isn't but there isn't many buyers out there either for them.

IMHO it's a £12k (At Most P/Ex)
Retailing at £14k

Even at those margins I'll have to have been sitting on my car for a long time to even think about taking it in as a Part Ex.

I still think it's a car you're going to be sitting on.  Most Alpina owners want less than 3 owners, FSH (A BIG BIG MUST, every 10K min), and want it spotless with no signs of it being painted or sprayed outside. 

remember seeing one go through BCA last week with 70-90k on it and I valued the retail at about £14-16k, vague I know, but reckon it's gonna be about that. good luck with the underwrite and hope you get a deal done!

Edited by justlooking