Sign in to follow this  
justina3

windscreen chips

35 minutes ago, met said:

I know. The problem isn't so much 'traders' masquerading as 'private' but 'private' masquerading as 'trade'

:lol::lol::lol:

......until the EML illuminates & then all of a sudden they revert back to a whinging, whining private.

Many a moon ago in the early days of eBay I had a scruffy, miley Pug I couldn’t shift (it was an ex-motability pig bought half-blind). One eBay auction later & one of the ‘part-time, like the profit but don’t like the shit part of the game, traders’ (I was part-time at the time but prepared to take the rough with the smooth) turned-up, all the big talk, wanted the documents etc. so obviously I was more than happy to give him his chance with the car.

As he handed the money over he asked me why I’d sold it at the money so I gave him the absolute truth “Well, you’ve seen it, it’s a scruffy heap of shit, the interior stinks in the sun, I’ve had it 4 months, have had 6 punters on it but they all walked. Good luck with it cos I couldnt give it away”. He looked horrified!

10 minutes later, he’s back whining “the brakes are noisy”. I got in the car, thrashed it up the road to 60 & flung on the brakes which cleaned the discs up a treat. Whilst turning the car I looked him in the eye, told him I didn’t know what sort of trader couldn’t diagnose surface corrosion on brakes, thrashed it back the 200yds, did another emergency stop and told him “You’re a trader, you’ve bought it trade so don’t bother making excuses cos the car is YOURS. Now f*** off & don’t come back”. Those were the days! 

50 minutes ago, BHM said:

:lol::lol::lol:

......until the EML illuminates & then all of a sudden they revert back to a whinging, whining private.

Many a moon ago in the early days of eBay I had a scruffy, miley Pug I couldn’t shift (it was an ex-motability pig bought half-blind). One eBay auction later & one of the ‘part-time, like the profit but don’t like the shit part of the game, traders’ (I was part-time at the time but prepared to take the rough with the smooth) turned-up, all the big talk, wanted the documents etc. so obviously I was more than happy to give him his chance with the car.

As he handed the money over he asked me why I’d sold it at the money so I gave him the absolute truth “Well, you’ve seen it, it’s a scruffy heap of shit, the interior stinks in the sun, I’ve had it 4 months, have had 6 punters on it but they all walked. Good luck with it cos I couldnt give it away”. He looked horrified!

10 minutes later, he’s back whining “the brakes are noisy”. I got in the car, thrashed it up the road to 60 & flung on the brakes which cleaned the discs up a treat. Whilst turning the car I looked him in the eye, told him I didn’t know what sort of trader couldn’t diagnose surface corrosion on brakes, thrashed it back the 200yds, did another emergency stop and told him “You’re a trader, you’ve bought it trade so don’t bother making excuses cos the car is YOURS. Now f*** off & don’t come back”. Those were the days! 

Yeah, back in the day I was selling an XR3i and a wanna be young trader turned up arguing that he knew what it was worth because he worked at a car auction. I told him to fuck off there and buy one! While he was looking at it, I had another punter turn up who 'really' wanted it, and they had a little bidding war. I went in and left them to it and 'young wanna be trader' ended up with it. :D