Sign in to follow this  
Andy Entwistle

Dealer prospecting from piston heads

Everyone loves a tryer.....

I have my own VX220 up for sale at present ( PH, Ebay at the moment). They are a fairly rare car, with a small, but dedicated following...

on for £10,495. First enquiry.. "would you be prepared to sell it to trade, if so I'll give you £7100 for it" goes on to espouse the virtues of selling it to trade...

My reply. " I would, but not for that value".... It trades at a shade under £9k and retail is £11k - £12k.. Bless him, can't knock him for trying....

Is this the opposite of customers phoning up and offering £2500 for a £7k car ? 

Its the same as customers making a cheeky offer! the difference is, he is at least likely to show up and pay unlike the normal behaviour pattern of the late night keyboard warrior

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Andy Entwistle said:

I have my own VX220 up for sale at present ( PH, Ebay at the moment). They are a fairly rare car, with a small, but dedicated following...

on for £10,495. First enquiry.. "would you be prepared to sell it to trade, if so I'll give you £7100 for it" goes on to espouse the virtues of selling it to trade...

My reply. " I would, but not for that value".... It trades at a shade under £9k and retail is £11k - £12k.. Bless him, can't knock him for trying....

ok... would you take £7200? ;)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Andy Entwistle said:

Small but dedicated following,I would definateley agree.......Who stitched you up with that,I hope you haven’t been driving around in it.

Quite a rare car mint low mileage go to collectors! Not as common as the Lotus thats for sure. 

16 hours ago, Andy Entwistle said:

yup... mostly sideways, mostly unintentionally, mostly uncomfortably.... hence why its for sale :)

Then something is wrong with the car!!!!

18 hours ago, Andy Entwistle said:

yup... mostly sideways, mostly unintentionally, mostly uncomfortably.... hence why its for sale :)

I think you will sell it,if not it is a good one to keep and put away.It is better than putting £10k in a deposit account.Also,£840 for brakes,did you go to Kwik Fit ?

good pictures

nice advert

youve shown the seat and offered an answer

only negative is the colour its always a love hate thing people either love it or loathe it

im a bumble bee fan but the cars not for me,too many nightmares of cars that want to fight me and often win

stick in there

24 minutes ago, met said:

....... everyone's a trader?

That's very true.....and everyone is a mechanic as well or used to be..

40 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

That's very true.....and everyone is a mechanic as well or used to be..

I had a dream of a punter today, confessed to knowing SFA about cars, offered me a very low mileage full MDSH Qashqui in chop, michelin's all round and took a below book offer on it and paid full price on the car he wanted. Didn't want to talk cars with me, offer his worldly knowledge etc, just wanted to buy my car and trade in his. They are a rare beast but they are out there!

2 hours ago, met said:

....... everyone's a trader?

They are when it comes to paying but they aren’t when it comes to a proper cash deal or if a problem subsequently arises.

I was offered a cash deal over the phone yesterday from someone wanting a few quid off, trade & allegedly no hassles. I asked “Is this a PROPER cash deal?” to which came the answer  “Yes, I’ll transfer the money from my account to yours”. If that wasn’t bad enough punter then adds “I’ll speak to you on Wednesday when I have the money from my car that I’m selling. My neighbour says they’ll have the money for it by then” :wacko:

16 hours ago, EPV said:

I had a dream of a punter today, confessed to knowing SFA about cars, offered me a very low mileage full MDSH Qashqui in chop, michelin's all round and took a below book offer on it and paid full price on the car he wanted. Didn't want to talk cars with me, offer his worldly knowledge etc, just wanted to buy my car and trade in his. They are a rare beast but they are out there!

I like those too! It puts a smile on your face because they're normally happy to have just got something done they had little interest in doing. Much Like I feel if Ive got to get a new washing machine or similar!