shpock 

Click dealer have a deal to feed stock to Shpock+ motors , just curious who's been using shpock and how successful it's been? 

Is this the next big place to sell cars from?

Thoughts?

gumtree part two imo.

It bills itself as a online car boot sale really, like gumtree. Will work for some stuff but like gumtree, will attract a certain type, along with plastic traders et al. Can't see it being any different from gumtree personally.

Looks like Gumtree's poor relation to me- and that's saying something! Can't see it being a viable car platform & certainly not in these early days.

Do we know how much it is?

Nothing new.

Timewasters and below sub prime.  Be good for dealers targetting these customers or who do a lot with First Response

Its where the bottom feeders live

Tried listing a couple on there in the past. Unless you want endless “dealers” offering you scrap money I wouldn’t bother.

ok to shift a few rough p/x’s or auction lemons but that’s all it’s good for.

Edited by Lakeside

I’ve got a heap of shit or two in the compound. Shpock-wise I might dip my toe in the water selling as a ‘private’ as everyone else seems to be doing it. Now how much is a PAYG phone from Asda..........

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BHM said:

I’ve got a heap of shit or two in the compound. Shpock-wise I might dip my toe in the water selling as a ‘private’ as everyone else seems to be doing it. Now how much is a PAYG phone from Asda..........

Hahahaha

6 hours ago, BHM said:

i know a completely different trade trying to take away consumer rights by having agents in many towns selling their tat as private people,after a bit of digging they are doing the same on facebook and also ebay ,hopefully the vat and the man in the pork pie hat will eventually catch up with them as they are now on their 3rd limited company and as they have double barrelled first names they have swapped them round on the companies house details

I've just signed up for 3 months on Shpock - 2 days in.

It was so cheap, I thought what's the real risk?

After 2 days, I have had more interest from this site than AT or Ebay (no sales but enquiries).  You have to filter some weird dross out as to be expected and I think it is the "live" messenger thing that makes a difference in terms of ease of contact.

I remain sceptical as I agree that it is like a poor relation to Gumtree but it is generating leads at about £9 per month per car (fixed for 3 month package/10 car deal). 

This is what I am doing, rightly or wrongly - high(er) value (it's all relative) on AT PAYG - 

Everything on Ebay - classified 28 days listings

Everthing on Shpock 

And within each, try and redirect as many to my website

In my couple of weeks on Shpock, this is how I would sum up (almost knew this anyway).

Loads and loads of enquiries through the instant private message thing but.............

If Jeremy Kyle owned a advertising portal......wow

Sounds like bloody expensive cheap advertising to me!

Nothing ventured etc...