Sign in to follow this  
Stephen

Unit Costs

Hi just wondering what people think is an acceptable rent for a unit circa 1500sq ft. I know that rates will differ massive from where I am based in north east to London. But just trying to get a guide looked at a few and all able to trade cars which I think is main issue. Looking at about £700/750 a month, which I think isn't to bad. Decided that to get anywhere need a unit cant really trade from Door and will have everything so much easier

Thanks

I'm not either so the missus says :lol: I'm still doing this part time and learning, theres an office 2x2mtrs and toilet and sink I think can get 10 Cars in and never had that many yet. Theres also space outside, I know not idea for probably another 4/5

Cheers

how many do you think twerp? Might just have to stock fiat 500's lol

If it is a perfect square and you pack them in, maybe ten

But if there is a cut out for an office..

When I was looking at space I calculated 200ft2 per car. You’ve got to leave space to get the buggers in and out as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EPV said:

When I was looking at space I calculated 200ft2 per car. You’ve got to leave space to get the buggers in and out as well. 

And open the doors :wacko:

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

Hi just wondering what people think is an acceptable rent for a unit circa 1500sq ft. I know that rates will differ massive from where I am based in north east to London. But just trying to get a guide looked at a few and all able to trade cars which I think is main issue. Looking at about £700/750 a month, which I think isn't to bad. Decided that to get anywhere need a unit cant really trade from Door and will have everything so much easier

Thanks

Hi Stephen, it looks cheap cheap, check the business usage and terms very very carefully........ Call the local council business rates department and explain with honesty your intention for the site, they will then tell you if your "intent" of use is acceptable 

Too add, get a name and email confirmation 

Hi

spoke to landlord and council and they are ok with it there’s a repair garage moving in next door

also there’s no rates Brucy bonus

hi andy, ones at Hobson and ones at Harelaw Ind est 

hi mark

yeah I’ve never really thought that well about moving them opening doors etc just ram them in itl Be fine haha

Think like everyone going to have to have a go at auctions, haven’t yet but will try motor points trade site aswell. And see if can get any dealer pxs

read the small print, repairing lease ? take pictures, water? on a meter? electric, who do you pay? is there a phone line in ? whats the mobile phone signal like ? is it secure? have you spoke to neighbours? five year term? who pays if there's a fire [ even if theres a fire next door] if you squeeze cars in you can guarantee that punter needs to test drive the 1st one in, and moving them everyday can be a right pain especially at night when your whacked, ive done it for 20+years, all the above thoughts wish someone had told me years ago ! landlords can be barstewards mate, they'll take your house if theres a problem.:)

Yeah repairing lease it’s empty so nothing to repair really they are responsible for the roof and windows doors

aa per most commercial units I have to pay insurance to him about 300 a year

seems secure got a gate to the entrance to units. Will pop some cctv in so pops up on phone if anyone goes in it’s only about 400 quid

not aire on phone line must admit, will need to check that thanks 

neighbour seems sound just putting 2 lifts in and 4 poster when I was there so hopefully look after each other 

thanks for points will be double checking them thanks 

9 hours ago, Stephen said:

I'm not either so the missus says :lol: I'm still doing this part time and learning, theres an office 2x2mtrs and toilet and sink I think can get 10 Cars in and never had that many yet. Theres also space outside, I know not idea for probably another 4/5

Cheers

get that written on your lease or your neighbour who loves you today might dump scrap there 3 months down the line

Get a virtual landline to your mobile

looks professional and you can answer wherever you are 

Thanks derby will look at that

yeah not to worried about the landlord I’m a landlord meself and rent other commercial property so will get agents to sort it all out 

thanks 

24 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

oh and some landlords like to say "its plus vat, did i tell you that ? " :rolleyes:;)

No he’s not vat registered but even f he was can claim it back so not really an issue thanks