Sign in to follow this  
Dave Brown

Vauxhall

Hi all, quick one from the editorial team at Car Dealer. We're looking into rumours / reports of potentially quite big cuts to the Vauxhall network. If anyone would like to chat to us for a potential report on the issue, please get in touch. We can run quotes anonymously if need be. Call me (Dave!) on 023 9252 2434 or have your say here. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, tradex said:

Be interesting to hear what's happening here, we heard from our Vauxhall guy that it will over 100 sites, but the big boys will be OK, the smaller indies will bare the brunt?

Sad news on the jobs front.

Vauxhall were flying up to recently and to be fair they have some decent cars ATM

You can just imagine banks using termination as an excuse to  pull the rug from under those long standing smaller dealerships who just might be sitting on valuable development sites....

Welcome Vauxhall dealers to the world of PSA! We have had Citroen for 10 years along with other franchises and if I can tell you your heading for nightmare on Elm Street. I worked with Vauxhall for a few years in the early 2000s great years great profits. Citroen are a tiny franchise by market share but are bullies and complicated, disorganised,arrogant and that's their good qualities. You will have no margin, unacheivable targets, expensive furniture and be told you're useless every day. We terminated them a year ago and it was the best move we made, they are loosing dealers every week and taking over Vauxhall the griffin won't be smiling over your doors soon but his eyes will be closed because he will be bleeding and in pain.

Very sad for those concerned if true but I guess as the retail landscape has changed drastically then there are always going to be casualties along the way.

Cars are no longer a luxury good, they’re a disposable consumable so expect more & more changes over the next decade as how they’re retailed alters - one thing’s for sure, it’s only going to get harder.

• Like 1