Mark101

Dealer Website

Obviously, I am now back in this game after 12 years out and starting to gear up.  

Please can you tell me what you recommend in terms of website and the associated costs.  As I am a home trader, I will only have a maximum of 12 cars at any one time, so I am wondering whether it is worth the investment as I advertise of Ebay and AT and that surely gives me better coverage than my own "little" site - is that enough?

I have looked at some of your sites and they look fab but you have many more cars than I do/will have.

I just know if I make an enquiry with one of the many providers, I will be bombarded with rep calls every minute and I am not sure if it is worth having my own site (or at least not yet).

Thank you in advance.

Mark

Mark, surely you understand you need your own website to be believed and trusted by your customers.  CarDealer5 is fantastic value 

You must have your own website - it wont cost anywhere near what your ebay and AT bill will be and will give you credibility with your customers. you will lose more in lost business than the website will cost you without one. AT provide one which works well for me. It also helps customers who are looking for cars for sale nearby.

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Mark, surely you understand you need your own website to be believed and trusted by your customers.  CarDealer5 is fantastic value 

I've got a privately made one but I'm giving some serious thought to defecting to CD5, their back end stuff is excellent.

Great, thank you both.  I get the credibility standpoint but I presumed (listening to all the AT complaints regarding cost) that it would be hugely expensive.

Please can you give me an idea of expected set up and ongoing costs please, so I know if someone tries to "have me over."

Thanks Guys

You 'could' use your ebay (motors pro) Showroom for your website until you decide to take the plunge.

You'll need to buy a domain name of your choosing first from somewhere like easily.com or Godaddy etc. Then copy and paste the very long ebay showroom address from the address bar into your account you set up, and have this new company address (e.g www.mark101.com or something better obviously that you've chosen) forwarding to the ebay showroom address. So basically it forwards to the ebay showroom.

Hope that all makes sense, and I wouldn't pay Autotrader for anything if it was me.  

Otherwise, Click Dealer are brilliant, but I'd wait a while if I was you.  Take small steps for a few months is my advice. Build it slowly.

Edited by NOACROSS
duplicate words
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Great, thank you both.  I get the credibility standpoint but I presumed (listening to all the AT complaints regarding cost) that it would be hugely expensive.

Please can you give me an idea of expected set up and ongoing costs please, so I know if someone tries to "have me over."

Thanks Guys

https://www.cardealer5.co.uk/

Click dealer,  and when we went with them many moons ago there was no hard sell,  cost wise it’s the cheapest and biggest  forecourt you will ever have, 

When I started up i didn’t have a website and soon realised how important it was for customers to see an online presence. After been scared to death by the costs I went with a My 1&1 website which you build yourself, fairly easy once you get your head around it  I think it cost around £6 per month and gives you a email address as well so you don’t have to use a gmail or Hotmail one which I think gives the customer confidence. 

I now how a cardealer5 one, their basic package isn’t that expensive and then you can up spec it with what you need. Looking back if I knew about cardealer5 at the time I’d have just gone with them in their basic package. 

Mark, You've got to have a website , essential.

Many Options and all worth considering depending on what you want. 

as already mentioned Cardealer5, Click Dealer and even Starkwood offer a starter option !

By using one of these they all have Reg Number look up and feeds to various portals which will make life easy for you.

If you want any further help just shout! 01782 822 700 umesh@autochange.co.uk 

Umesh 

Clickdealer - If only every company we deal with could be as helpful as the team there. Genuine decent people who always do what they say they will. 

Thanks for your help on this - I have just signed up to a Car Dealer 5 package - should be live by the end of the week.

On 3/21/2018 at 9:12 AM, umesh said:

Mark, You've got to have a website , essential.

Many Options and all worth considering depending on what you want. 

as already mentioned Cardealer5, Click Dealer and even Starkwood offer a starter option !

By using one of these they all have Reg Number look up and feeds to various portals which will make life easy for you.

If you want any further help just shout! 01782 822 700 umesh@autochange.co.uk 

Umesh 

Thank you Umesh, I had missed this reply - very kind and you're fairly local to me!

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Thanks for your help on this - I have just signed up to a Car Dealer 5 package - should be live by the end of the week.

Thank you Umesh, I had missed this reply - very kind and you're fairly local to me!

You could do a lot worse than mimic what that fella does. Absolutely spot on digital marketing! 

10 hours ago, EPV said:

You could do a lot worse than mimic what that fella does. Absolutely spot on digital marketing! 

Thank you kindly EPV :) #Appreciated 

11 hours ago, EPV said:

I think have a look at the guys who are doing a good job ( Like Umesh) but rather than Mimic take inspiration from and try to come up with something even better. 

Some tosser has opened a new garage down the road from us and ripped off chunks  of our website direct copy and paste and has mirrored social media stuff so much its like I have opened a second branch only become dyslexic and developed a stammer whilst speaking in my videos  in the process :lol:

30 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Some tosser has opened a new garage down the road from us and ripped off chunks  of our website direct copy and paste and has mirrored social media stuff so much its like I have opened a second branch only become dyslexic and developed a stammer whilst speaking in my videos  in the process :lol:

exactly the same here,however before he started using autotrader he was using ebay privately and i looked at his buying history to see he had bought 12 main dealer service stamps and lots of service books off ebay too

guess what every car hes selling has all work done including new timing belts and every one has full service history

hopefully it wont be long before he trips on his own laces

16 minutes ago, s and b said:

exactly the same here,however before he started using autotrader he was using ebay privately and i looked at his buying history to see he had bought 12 main dealer service stamps and lots of service books off ebay too

guess what every car hes selling has all work done including new timing belts and every one has full service history

hopefully it wont be long before he trips on his own laces

Thats what gives us all a bad name. surely a visit from trading standards could be arranged?

9 minutes ago, Matt Reid said:

Thats what gives us all a bad name. surely a visit from trading standards could be arranged?

I’m not one for grassing but that sort of thing makes me want to make an exception 

2 hours ago, Matt Reid said:

not going there im afraid 

ive reached an age where i realise i cant change the world so ive given the baton away

42 minutes ago, umesh said:

On my door step ( Few hundred yards)  , thought worth sharing !!

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/jailed-car-trader-scammed-customers-1033078

That appears to be a stiff sentence when you see what others have recently received at Stoke Crown Court for far more serious offences.Must be the usual car dealer offence sentance premium,it’s a good deterrent.Meanwhile the guy who allegedly according to Vince Cable,was instrumental in destroying,stealing and then profiting from selling off peoples businesses at Nat West was never charged.He is now boss of Santander earning £1.8m !

Website now LIVE - thanks guys for all your input.

Only quickly uploaded "stuff" so it will improve in the coming days.

Thanks again, Mark

5 hours ago, s and b said:

not going there im afraid 

ive reached an age where i realise i cant change the world so ive given the baton away

Although you can't fix everything - it doesn't mean you shouldn't fix anything...

Just saying.

On a PAYG package from AT - Do any of you know whether I can link to Dealer Website (or am I being thick?)

I am presuming I need to commit to a package for that but cannot find any pricing on their website (there's a surprise).

Anyone know roughly what a starter package should cost because the figures you guys are saying scare me.

Cheers

About £700 for a 7 Car package.