Sign in to follow this  
R and K Autohouse

How impatient are your customers?

Honestly you are trying to fix customers car and they just ring you every hour to see how everything is going............(it would go well if you wouldnt ring me every hour)! And then they ask why so long? Sometimes i fee like giving car back not fixed and then they would ask, but its not fixed......well you couldnt wait longer so here you are! 

Do you have customers like that? 

We had a very impatient customer earlier, on a Toyota aygo that's just arrived recently, on web without image saying awaiting valet as it was filthy.

He rings up demanding pics, so I oblige telling him the car is filthy but will receive full a valet when sold or when prepped in a week or so. a real snotty email comes back I will be down in 2 hours it will !! be valeted for me to look at or I wont be coming.

Sent him a reply don't bother coming then as I have other cars being cleaned that are sold and are scheduled to go out.

• Like 1

with regards customers cars and repairs its always wise to book them in and advise customer you will require the car all day,this stops phone calls and also if it is paid work and they think you have worked on it all day they feel they are getting their monies worth

with regards advertising cars not ready for retail then you only have yourself to blame don't do it is the simple answer and if its not valeted its not pdi i assume so if trading standards see it advertised and do a spot check and find fault you could be for the high jump

seen it on a local pitch 

just saying

Edited by s and b

you've seen a dealer near you done for that ?

we don't have it on display on our forecourt its in the back yard where no customer can see it can we still get done ?

31 minutes ago, Dan W said:

you've seen a dealer near you done for that ?

we don't have it on display on our forecourt its in the back yard where no customer can see it can we still get done ?

you've offered it for sale so they could look at it

remember these people are not nice people if you rub them up wrong this is why i have a strict policy of offering nothing for sale unless its ready

the dealer was selling poor maintained cars he was due a tickle anyway but they do sometimes go on the look occasionally (TS) 

2 calls on Saturday afternoon:

1. "You've got a black Peugeot on your forecourt - is it for sale & can you Email me some pictures" Me: "It is and I could, but it's not been cleaned and prepped yet" "Never mind, send me some pictures if you can, as I really need a car and I think it is just what I'm looking for" Me; "Will do"  So dropped everything and took some pics in the pi$$ing rain and sent them to him. Email arrived at 19.30hrs: "Thanks for those.... I'm away all next week so I'll ring you when I get back. Nice.                                                               
  2. Phone rings while I'm with some punters: "I'm ringing about the Merc you've got advertised" Me: "Excellent. How can I help?" Him: "What can you tell me about it?" Me: "Have you read the advert, looked at the pictures and watched the video?" Him: "Yes". Me: "Can't really add much, but I've got some customers sat in front of me, so I'll ring you back in a few minutes and we can chat about it". Him: "You shouldn't have answered the phone if you couldn't talk to me" Me: "Eh? You would have preferred it if I ignored your call?" Him: "Yeah. I want to talk about it now." Me: "You've lost me" Him: "and you've lost a sale - you shouldn't have answered". Me: "I'm inclined to agree with you now....bye"
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan W said:

We had a very impatient customer earlier, on a Toyota aygo that's just arrived recently, on web without image saying awaiting valet as it was filthy.

He rings up demanding pics, so I oblige telling him the car is filthy but will receive full a valet when sold or when prepped in a week or so. a real snotty email comes back I will be down in 2 hours it will !! be valeted for me to look at or I wont be coming.

Sent him a reply don't bother coming then as I have other cars being cleaned that are sold and are scheduled to go out.

What is with these people who hide behind email making demands... The reason they are emailing is because they don't actually want to speak to you and form a verbal relationship. They are just phishing. I take all email inquiries very seriously, but my reply is always "please call me personally to discuss and I will do my very best to help you".

Genuine interested parties call, its as simple as that IMO...

14 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

What is with these people who hide behind email making demands... The reason they are emailing is because they don't actually want to speak to you and form a verbal relationship. They are just phishing. I take all email inquiries very seriously, but my reply is always "please call me personally to discuss and I will do my very best to help you".

Genuine interested parties call, its as simple as that IMO...

I just don't like the fact they are brave on email, they would never say to our face. I want that car cleaning now !!

Just now, Dan W said:

I just don't like the fact they are brave on email, they would never say to our face. I want that car cleaning now !!

Absolutely, agreed Dan.

• Like 1

My customers nowadays are mainly motor dealers, they are impatient lot :) I know I have not used you for a while but can you drop everything and get around here fast.

2 minutes ago, Screenman said:

My customers nowadays are mainly motor dealers, they are impatient lot :) I know I have not used you for a while but can you drop everything and get around here fast.

;) Like yesterday....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, s and b said:

with regards customers cars and repairs its always wise to book them in and advise customer you will require the car all day,this stops phone calls and also if it is paid work and they think you have worked on it all day they feel they are getting their monies worth

with regards advertising cars not ready for retail then you only have yourself to blame don't do it is the simple answer and if its not valeted its not pdi i assume so if trading standards see it advertised and do a spot check and find fault you could be for the high jump

seen it on a local pitch 

just saying

We got done by Trading Standards years ago for a similar sort of thing.These guys would come onto the pitch with clipboards to check your stock.We had an old Fiesta just come in with no docs and showing 5k,it was not priced up.I said while you are checking out our stock,would you mind checking out this Fiesta aswell and they agreed.A few months later these guys come back and I was cautioned because the old Fiesta had not been showing a mileage disclaimer.We had sold the Fiesta by then so I provided the details.We go to court and the council prosecution produce their star witness who was a smartly dressed ex miner probably in his 70’s.He was asked why he bought the Fiesta etc.He said,it was cheap and it was the best car he ever had ! not what they wanted to hear.......Still got fined £65 on the disclaimer issue.

• Like 1

I've got a customer who rang me up saying that there's a noise when he moves his steering wheel........ Sounds like it's the clock spring (squib), no mechanic failure, functions just as it should although makes a slight noise which can't be heard on driving, just slow manoeuvring, parking etc. I mean would you get a new one fitted along with a couple of hours labour etc. It's ridiculous, car is 8 years old for God's sake. 

39 minutes ago, Dealer said:

I've got a customer who rang me up saying that there's a noise when he moves his steering wheel........ Sounds like it's the clock spring (squib), no mechanic failure, functions just as it should although makes a slight noise which can't be heard on driving, just slow manoeuvring, parking etc. I mean would you get a new one fitted along with a couple of hours labour etc. It's ridiculous, car is 8 years old for God's sake. 

So he doesn’t like the sound his car makes?? That’s his problem, not yours. 

Mine are great.. Just took a deposit on another camper that I wont be starting till mid April if Im lucky. Customer was like yeah just when ever.

• Like 1

It's hit and miss, I had some young girl come today and brought her boyf and mother along any way the car they come for had sold 20mins before they arrived (haha) however I showed them around this fiesta with some sporty gloss black boy racer wheel trims that was a little bit dirty from being used as the butty car and her mother said "No way, the wheels are crap" - I said while biting my tongue.. "there's a little bit of dirt on the wheel trim".. she muttered "Oh well, the tyre is crap anyway".

Alright love, p*ss off.

' But I need my car for work and I have children'

When trying to book in 99.9% of customers used cars to fix for free under warranty at short notice and help them 

• Like 1

Some are very impatient but some are just plain nuts, 9.25am and already had fruit case of the year on the phone, shouting and screaming when she finally calmed down so i could understand her she is complaining about a Corsa D we sold on Saturday to her son that the front bumper has just fallen off, just like that bang gone on the floor in bits and what am i going to do about it........its going to be a long morning.

39 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

When trying to book in 99.9% of customers used cars to fix for free under warranty at short notice and help them 

That sort for thing starts me off....”so what do you do”....”I work for the NHS”......so tell me about ambulance response times and what chances do I have if I have a heart attack on a weekend rather than midweek etc......and can your husband not help.

4 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Some are very impatient but some are just plain nuts, 9.25am and already had fruit case of the year on the phone, shouting and screaming when she finally calmed down so i could understand her she is complaining about a Corsa D we sold on Saturday to her son that the front bumper has just fallen off, just like that bang gone on the floor in bits and what am i going to do about it........its going to be a long morning.

Nice one.....keep us posted.

10 minutes ago, justina3 said:

So basically her son has crashed it and fed his mum some bull that the bumper “just fell off” then?

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

you forgot to add that on the day its supposed to arrive they always come at least an hour late and usually give no apology unless pushed

this is why i keep their car all day and sometimes overnight too,its just my way of punishing them

Well there you go didn’t expect this my faith in humanity has been restored for today, Kids farther just rang to say they will not be bringing the car back as he has clearly hit a speed bump or curb both alloys are already damaged bearing in mind he picked it up in a mint condition less than a few days ago, and asked if I knew anyone who could repair burn holes in a seat.

I had to pry turns out the kids farther doesn’t live with the mum and son, he went around there to see what all the fuss was about when he got there mum and son where arguing over insurance the kids insurance company has already black flagged him for dangerous driving hard braking corners ect the box was only fitted yesterday so farther stepped in and took car of his son.

Good luck fitting that bumper back on i thought there a right pain in the backside when they pop out god only knows what carnage they will be when there tore off.

46 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Well there you go didn’t expect this my faith in humanity has been restored for today, Kids farther just rang to say they will not be bringing the car back as he has clearly hit a speed bump or curb both alloys are already damaged bearing in mind he picked it up in a mint condition less than a few days ago, and asked if I knew anyone who could repair burn holes in a seat.

I had to pry turns out the kids farther doesn’t live with the mum and son, he went around there to see what all the fuss was about when he got there mum and son where arguing over insurance the kids insurance company has already black flagged him for dangerous driving hard braking corners ect the box was only fitted yesterday so farther stepped in and took car of his son.

Good luck fitting that bumper back on i thought there a right pain in the backside when they pop out god only knows what carnage they will be when there tore off.

Good on the dad glad to see some values, as for the mum and son utter arseholes vermin.

@Rory RSC that's exactly what i get from the customers, or some of them say "oh but i have to go to work and i dont have any other transport"" or "i have not other transport and if ill use bus that means i have to be up an hour earlier to get to work" We cant predict if the car breaks down or not. Ok not all of them like that, but if you are being ass about the situation it will make it more difficult for me and the customer

Can you do that hail damaged roof this afternoon ( they told me about it at 4pm) we want to show it to somebody in the morning. Dealers, I love them all.

Just got home to two dealers cars parked up the driveway, luckily they do not want them back until the morning, screen damage in one and dents in another. Of course this nearly 62 year old who leaves home at 6.30 am just loves to come home after a day at work and do more, if only the word no! had been included in my vocabulary I would not be working so hard.