God afternoon all, we have 90 cars advertised with Autotrader, our increase is going to be £2.77 per car per week, we currently pay £8.14 per car per week. Autotrader say it’s all about transparency, so would any of you mind sharing what you pay and for how many sars please. I have recently done post code analysis using data from our DOC (spread sheet), motors, car gurus and Autotrader. I’ve also cross matched all call and email enquiries from motors and Autotrader, the results speak for themselves. I am not an Autotrader fan, never have been, I, along with a friend started the MTAU back in 2012., wrote many articles on cost v’s value, if it was just my decision our company would not advertise on autotreder, but it’s not just up to me, I do run one site and have just given 30 days notice to terminate the contract for that one specifically. Any way I’d be interested to see what people pay, I’m sure it will vary, there are alternatives, one thing I will say is Autotrader we’re by far the most expensive in both cost per lead and cost per sale. Thinking of restarting the MTAU again to try and get a more cost effective solution for advertising stock. Best to all. Graham.

Edited by Graham elliott

and in English FFS means *** **** **** hope i cleared that up, can anyone tell i am bored

13 minutes ago, justina3 said:

and in English FFS means *** **** **** hope i cleared that up, can anyone tell i am bored

You missed 2 stars from the second set of stars for the ‘comma’ & the letter ‘S’. You should be ashamed of yourself :lol:

Hiya Graham, 

That's a lengthy way to say you don't like Auto Trader ! Would be interesting to see how one site compares to the other if you have left AT and the other hasn't.

I'm not sure why you knowing what other people pay is relevant though ? so i wouldn't hold you breath on that front.
I guess you friend is "Avon  Valley" who wrote a very similar reply on the other AT related thread about the "motor trade advertising union" ? personally i haven't heard if it before but the IMDA are having a crack at it so maybe speak to them? though what i would suggest is having a different startegy than complain about the cost of AT all the time :rolleyes:  

**Edited to correct name**

Edited by Tadams

I'm fed up with the constant slagging off and moaning about AT. Yes, they are the greedy but sometimes you just have to get in bed with the devil......

On 05/03/2018 at 6:35 PM, Tadams said:

Hiya Graham, 

That's a lengthy way to say you don't like Auto Trader ! Would be interesting to see how one site compares to the other if you have left AT and the other hasn't.

I'm not sure why you knowing what other people pay is relevant though ? so i wouldn't hold you breath on that front.
I guess you friend is "EPV" who wrote a very similar reply on the other AT related thread about the "motor trade advertising union" ? personally i haven't heard if it before but the IMDA are having a crack at it so maybe speak to them? though what i would suggest is having a different startegy than complain about the cost of AT all the time :rolleyes:  

He’s **** all to do with me mush 

No need to be so rude, I guess some didn’t understand the content. I’m not certain if advanced member is correct for some. Oops I’m sorry I used more the three words... pictures will be best I think.

39 minutes ago, Graham elliott said:

No need to be so rude, I guess some didn’t understand the content. I’m not certain if advanced member is correct for some. Oops I’m sorry I used more the three words... pictures will be best I think.

Graham, who’s been rude to you ? 

42 minutes ago, Graham elliott said:

I get your frustrations with the replies but your reply isn't going to help - not exactly "How to win friends and influence people"!

Anyway, I guess alot of the responses are because there's a very similar discussion going on in another thread right now.

As for my take, we don't use AT, so I'm not much help as we pay £0. We're eBay, Gumtree, Facebook, Cargurus and this great big lump of land called a forecourt. 

Edited by Mojo121
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Graham elliott said:

Rude, who's been rude to you Graham, explain ??

1 hour ago, EPV said:

He’s fuck all to do with me mush 

Haha, I see straight talk has caused offence. 

4 minutes ago, BHM said:

You should try it some time there is this guy on here blunt as hell tell them pesky customers right what for doesnt stand for any messing around....no wait hmm

33 minutes ago, BHM said:

It's the smallest things with some people..

I sell cars with them and make money, when it stops I’ll reevaluate 

14 hours ago, EPV said:

He’s fuck all to do with me mush 

You are correct, sorry pal.. it's what happens when i try and multi task :o

I miss read it as you quoted the guy who wrote it. sorry again.  it was actually Avon Valley who wrote the same as the above. 

• Like 1

On 05/03/2018 at 5:44 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm fed up with the constant slagging off and moaning about AT. Yes, they are the greedy but sometimes you just have to get in bed with the devil......

I'm  sure many of us do every night. 

On 05/03/2018 at 8:21 PM, BHM said:

I don’t see you writing FFS and a little yellow face as straight talk, you still at school?

1 hour ago, Arthur thicken said:

I don’t see you writing FFS and a little yellow face as straight talk, you still at school?

I know it’s embarrassing. I’ve been warned for inappropriate language so I’ve had to reduce my usually eloquent standards to the level of text messaging.

32 minutes ago, Becca Chaplin said:

Can everyone calm down, please? If you can’t play nice we’ll delete the thread and draw a line in the sand but this just seems to be misunderstanding.

thanks

i like a laugh but i really hate reading all this playground swearing