Sign in to follow this  
BHM

Mental Ebayers

Anyone had any experience of ClickMechanic.com? In all of my years of trading I’ve heard punters mention “professional mechanical inspections” but they have never paid for one. Voila! A text comes through & I’ve got one tomorrow.

An hour or so ago an eBay punter phoned about one of my cars & asked if I’d object. I said “No, spend what you like, just get them to arrange it with me”. He stated that he wants a good car for his daughter.

He then asked “Do I need to know anything else?”. I said “No, it’s all in the advert. Just read it top to bottom. Have you read it?” To which he mumbled some nonsense.

The best thing about this? THE F***ING CAR IS BEING SOLD FOR REPAIRS!!!! :blink:

I’m happy for some nutter to give a local mechanic an hours work but the moral of this story is READ THE BLOODY ADVERT. :lol:

• Like 1

sounds a proper little gem for the daughter! But will he find the faults the car has or just make some up??!!

OP, expect a chancer with a knackered old van to arrive 'when he likes' usually 10mins before you are going home, and spend about 2hours fucking around with it, then send an undisclosed list of imaginary faults to the prospective purchaser.

Well, the mechanic turned up & to be fair he appeared to be very thorough & went through just about everything on the car (the punter had paid £120 for the best inspection). Unfortunately I don’t get a copy of the inspection but he told me what he’d written (no doubt with a few issues added) so I guess I’ll be none the wiser unless the punter chooses to contact me.

Now I’ve never had a claim under Manheim Surecheck but he said when things ‘go wrong’ on an assured car, if the assessors decide to repair it’s clickmechanic.com’s mechanics that execute the repairs. 

On 23/02/2018 at 4:16 PM, BHM said:

........Unfortunately I don’t get a copy of the inspection but he told me what he’d written (no doubt with a few issues added) .............

He's got to earn his money so there'll be at least £120 quids worth of findings? When they've successfully put the buyer off your car they'll recommend one of their own!

I don't allow inspections by a third party on the principle that I do my own comprehensive inspections, if they aren't prepared to put their trust in me then I suggest they look elsewhere.....

To be honest, I think its really rude and UI

I tell them that. 

44 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I don't allow inspections by a third party on the principle that I do my own comprehensive inspections, if they aren't prepared to put their trust in me then I suggest they look elsewhere.....

I tell them that. 

It’s the first time someone has ever been prepared to pay for one, I think usually punters say it to call our bluff.

I have no objection although next time (if ever) I’ll insist I get a copy of the report. Tbh the car is a heap of shit & is being sold as such with a short list of trivial faults & a few lumps & bumps  - it’s half-price and its faults are all there in black & white but the greedy ebayer clearly didn’t read beyond the first line and, as ever with greedy people, they only focus on the price.

I’m happy to have helped a thicko waste £120 of his own money inspecting a defective car. Who the f*** in their right mind pays £120 to inspect a scruffy 10yr old Peugeot?

I welcome them with open arms just for a laugh but then we don't really get many.

I did have a funny one a while ago. Lovely young buying her first car and dad had scared her into paying £249 of her own money for a AA inspection!

Dad wanted to watch the inspector (he was one of those over your shoulder types) but got a bit of a surprise when the 'AA approved inspector' turned up in a destroyed N reg Carina estate which was more rust orange than white. Had 220 on the clock, the MOT was due to expire in under a week and it had so many advisories I had to scroll twice with my mouse on the laptop to show him them.

I'd have been scared to drive it across the forecourt it was so bad...gave the girls car a mint report though tbf!

I've got an AA inspection scheduled for thursday, haven't had one of those for about 6 years..... It's on a £3k car!! :rolleyes: (I'm bound to end up with a right bitter old jobs worth c*nt!)

19 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

I've got an AA inspection scheduled for thursday, haven't had one of those for about 6 years..... It's on a £3k car!! :rolleyes: (I'm bound to end up with a right bitter old jobs worth c*nt!)

You will if it's still snowing!

27 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

........................(I'm bound to end up with a right bitter old jobs worth c*nt!)

A  pre-requisite for any independent inspector

22 minutes ago, Cornish Guy said:

AA shares are in freefall. Closed at 75.52p. Down nearly 200p in a year! Might be closed by Thurdsay!

Funny because I've seen a few vans getting cars started today. This cold weather could be their saviour:D

On 24/02/2018 at 8:36 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

I tell them that. 

well that's a first :lol:

i just let them get on with it, if they turn up with "mechanic" [joiner] i am on hand to answer questions and to stop them trying to achieve  50,000 rpm.

if they ask if they can have it inspected, i remind them of the pdi, the full mot, and the test drive they've just been on [ if applicable].

i remind them the car is on sale to the first customer and a inspection could take several days to come to fruition, then they 99% of the time say yes your right, i will have it :)

7 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

well that's a first :lol:

i just let them get on with it, if they turn up with "mechanic" [joiner] i am on hand to answer questions and to stop them trying to achieve  50,000 rpm.

if they ask if they can have it inspected, i remind them of the pdi, the full mot, and the test drive they've just been on [ if applicable].

i remind them the car is on sale to the first customer and a inspection could take several days to come to fruition, then they 99% of the time say yes your right, i will have it :)

Its very black and white to me, I expect customers to put their trust in me... If they haven't bought into me and my process, they can simply (very politely) look elsewhere. 

I could be wrong but I’m sure the AA inspection guys that come out are the same  team that do the “assured reports” for bca. If that’s the case I wouldn’t trust them anywhere near a car I was buying.

mental autotrader people, typo on a car should be 3799, its showing as 199, people actually phoning telling me I have to sell it at that price

41 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

mental autotrader people, typo on a car should be 3799, its showing as 199, people actually phoning telling me I have to sell it at that price

You do Andy.... Ill be over shortly to pick it up :D

1 hour ago, andymc1973 said:

£199 a month :lol:

Camper advertised at £25k, call this morning.. Will you take £16k.. I laughed so hard some wee came out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrC said:

Camper advertised at £25k, call this morning.. Will you take £16k.. I laughed so hard some wee came out

Im so glad its not just us that get them...

We have a offer of £20k plus "their car" on a car up for £28,750... i said as long as your car is worth £8750 as a trade price then we can deal at that..... their reply was WBAC have only  offered 5K! :rolleyes:

No deal im afraid....

• Like 1