D&M

Customer 'We'll need to talk about it'

2 minutes ago, tradex said:

Image result for MINI cooper jumping

this isn't the one is it?;)

You a right one there. Valet the next car, put TalkSport on the radio and forget and it, complete chancer.

:lol: Brilliant!!

Update:

The ex boyfriend called today, ranting and raving. Apparently have been to 2 garages and both have told them that the car is damaged. Still no idea what exactly is damaged. Also, the AA told them that the car had been damaged (although the AA only came out to change a rear tyre, and the damage is on the front). Told us that the car should have been a write off, it should be a Cat C apparently. It should never have passed an MOT etc.

She then called, and told me the same. 2 garages have looked at it (no mention from her about the AA looking at it), - have been promised to be emailed the reports over. And the garage would call me. Still waiting for those.

I asked on the phone to her if it was the same mechanic today who she referred to in the text message shortly after she purchased the car - she went quiet then, and had a quick think. Apparently now, she meant that she was going to have it looked at - but decided to tell us that it had been looked at.

Visited our own mechanic who MOT'ed the car, he saw nothing untoward when the car was with him and is happy to speak to the customer or their mechanic and even put that in writing. Even our own mechanic thinks that the damage has been done in their ownership.

Stand corrected R.E brake imbalance. I thought that if the car wasn't square on the rollers the wheels wouldn't be gripping equally on the brake test. Not true.

She did say on the phone that usually when you buy something from a shop, you can get your money back within 6 months. I explained to her that it was difficult for us to understand exactly as we have no reports - and she wont tell us what garages the car has visited - and she is taking the car to these places, then relaying messages to her ex, who is calling us. Chinese whispers. But, she says she's doesn't want to deal with it completely in case we fob her off as she's a woman.

We sold the car for £1,990, and they've done 4,000 miles in it already.

They sound like complete chancers!!!!

If your confident in the car, I would be demanding a full and proper independent engineers report, from a professional and reputable source, before you comment on it any further....

The more you correspond / listen to these basket cases, the more credibility you are giving them.

Reading between the lines it sounds to me that they are angling for a refund..... 

Sorry, that should say, If you're, not your!! Won't let me edit it!!!

4k in 2 Months, i wouldn't wear it, i'd be saying to them sorry we can't do anything as you can't provide any evidence of damage etc, and you have done too many miles its out of warranty now. Also i would be saying to them, you are not entitled for a refund as you have passed the time limit for a refund which is with in 30 days, they rejected the offer of a refund and they have done 4000 miles in the car so if the car was not safe to drive why have you done 4000 miles in it and risked your life and others aswell. 

I use Law Data if i have anything like this, i hardly get anything but it's worth the £46 a month for peace of mind. Speak to David or Graham and get them to deal with it. You won't hear from the punters again. My brother bought a car from a car supermarket (£12k Audi A4 S line), the auto gearbox went wrong and the car supermarket started to fob him off, I got LawData involved the Car supermarket soon bucked up their ideas.  

8 hours ago, D&M said:

Yesterday, she smashed it into a pothole and has done some damage to the passenger side front suspension too.

Case closed....

They are taking the piss.

I must say, as these minis get older they seem to attract pot-less customers.

Most of our "difficult" customers over the past 10 years have bought minis for under 3k.

FYI D&M...

We've been here before and currently have two ongoing ones.

We're happy to fix or refund where justified but when we smell something isn't 100% our procedure is to request the car comes to us for inspection or we receive a written engineers report from the customers chosen garage with a report, current mileage, recommendations and cost to carry out recommendations. We stress that this must be in writing from the engineer/garage in question.

No phone calls.

No texts.

No personally written emails.

We make it clear these will simply not be replied to.

Written report from the garage if they are unwilling to bring the car to you.

It's always interesting how many issues simply disappear when you request something in writing and follow a procedure.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, trade vet said:

The defence rests.....

:lol:

23 hours ago, trade vet said:

The defence rests.....

:lol:

fault not present at time of sale..............prooved

damaged suspension herself...................prooved

aa [ wtf they know i know ] but, suggested cat c damage, so theyve spotted something when changing wheel [ this where your new tyre comes into it ]

she needs to phone her insurance, not you.................and i would be quite strict on this .

Edited by have a word with the wife

As I wrote yesterday I’ve yet to see an engineers report. By the sounds of it you aren’t going to see one either! :lol:

The sort of punter buying 15yr old hatchbacks is not the sort of person prepared to spend money on engineers reports.

Your customer is clearly a pillock. Do not enter into phone discussions. Do not communicate by text. Letters only. Do not communicate with the boyfriend - he has f.a. to do with the purchase.

The punter stinks of being a penniless twat & by the sound of it this saga has virtually ended because they’ve tripped themselves up a few times. 

Tbh if they phoned me they’d be told “Letters only, now f.o. & don’t try taking the piss. Goodbye, do your best”.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BHM said:

As I wrote yesterday I’ve yet to see an engineers report. By the sounds of it you aren’t going to see one either! :lol:

The sort of punter buying 15yr old hatchbacks is not the sort of person prepared to spend money on engineers reports.

Your customer is clearly a pillock. Do not enter into phone discussions. Do not communicate by text. Letters only. Do not communicate with the boyfriend - he has f.a. to do with the purchase.

The punter stinks of being a penniless twat & by the sound of it this saga has virtually ended because they’ve tripped themselves up a few times. 

Tbh if they phoned me they’d be told “Letters only, now f.o. & don’t try taking the piss. Goodbye, do your best”.

This 100%. There needs to be no more posts on this thread. 

On 2/20/2018 at 10:25 PM, BHM said:

It’ll be interesting to see if the alleged inspection report materialises. I’ve never seen one in my life - punters will normally say anything & the once I saw “something” in writing it was clearly by a friend & one phone call to the garage on the letterhead confirmed it.

Why oh why are you wasting time PDIing 15yr old bangers? (Sorry, but a 15yr old Mini is a banger in my book). They’re clearly of little use to you because whether or not you have PDIed them it doesn’t stop a punter complaining. 

You can do as much prep as you want but a bellend customer will always be a bellend and you can’t PDI your way out of that.

no, but what the PDI does do is give you some form of defence when you politely remind the bell end customer that they dont have a leg to stand on, and when they take you to small claims court, not only does the PDI show that you've done your due diligence and had it inspected but you've also highlighted any imperfections to the customer at point of purchase, can help to prove that the vehicle was free of major mechanical fault when sold and if you got the customer to sign and accept the car as working and fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality at point of sale then even better. 

Edited by justlooking

8 hours ago, justlooking said:

no, but what the PDI does do is give you some form of defence when you politely remind the bell end customer that they dont have a leg to stand on, and when they take you to small claims court, not only does the PDI show that you've done your due diligence and had it inspected but you've also highlighted any imperfections to the customer at point of purchase, can help to prove that the vehicle was free of major mechanical fault when sold and if you got the customer to sign and accept the car as working and fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality at point of sale then even better. 

100% you are protected yourself. There’s nothing like stating to the customer “you confirmed in writing the car was perfect” at the point of purchase. 

16 hours ago, Stalker said:

Case closed....

They are taking the piss.

I must say, as these minis get older they seem to attract pot-less customers.

Most of our "difficult" customers over the past 10 years have bought minis for under 3k.

+1

I'd be saying see you in court. 

15 year old car done 4000 miles since purchase.... and has a rubbing??

Am I missing something here? 

Seems like you're getting into a hole here by even acknowledging the customer.

Move on man

13 hours ago, BHM said:

I have to say BHM, your posts are single handedly what I look forward to reading the most!

37 minutes ago, LISL said:

I have to say BHM, your posts are single handedly what I look forward to reading the most!

Hammer... Nail..... Head

comes to mind

Edited by Stalker
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

100% you are protected yourself. There’s nothing like stating to the customer “you confirmed in writing the car was perfect” at the point of purchase. 

i would suggest you were taking away the consumers rights with that statement

my invoice says you are committing to purchasing a second hand vehicle and have been taken on a test drive been shown the pdi and any points that need attention have been discussed ie bad paint ,squeak from parcel shelf etc etc and duly noted at the foot of the invoice in a dedicated section for any remedial work

i then get them to sign as an adult that this is a legal binding contract on both sides

its not rocket science but you need to keep it legal

1 hour ago, s and b said:

i would suggest you were taking away the consumers rights with that statement

my invoice says you are committing to purchasing a second hand vehicle and have been taken on a test drive been shown the pdi and any points that need attention have been discussed ie bad paint ,squeak from parcel shelf etc etc and duly noted at the foot of the invoice in a dedicated section for any remedial work

i then get them to sign as an adult that this is a legal binding contract on both sides

its not rocket science but you need to keep it legal

I use lawgistics purchase and PDI pads

On 21/02/2018 at 4:10 PM, D&M said:

We sold the car for £1,990, and they've done 4,000 miles in it already.

Seems like you could offer a FULL refund, less a consideration of 50pence per mile, 4000 miles you said? £2000 i believe that would work out to :D as a gesture of goodwill you may consider waiving a deduction for the pot hole damage!!!!!

Update:

Nothing - Yes, nothing further.

No calls, no emails despite being promised one.

I think they've realised they've fudged it by not getting their story straight.

We're not concerned anymore - were a little at first.

Our mechanic is happy to state that he couldn't see any signs of damage, and as they are saying that this 'damaged' part is what is causing the wheel to rub.... well... it wasn't rubbing for the first 6 weeks of ownership so whatever is bent has been bent whilst they've owned it.

Thank you all for your comments, it has helped to put our minds at rest.... Like all, we don't like having unhappy customers.

We put so much pride in our work, choosing and prepping our cars to a high standard so having a moaner does knock us a bit ( I think we assume the customer is right ). It's great to have other dealers comment to our posts with their own insights and experiences.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tradex said:

...and nothing worse than viewer putting the rear window down and either, nothing happens or it won't go back up:D

i once had a bonnet fall off :lol: old fiesta, hinge snapped :lol:

"we have a few more to look at but thanks anyway ":lol: