Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

Discouraging Offers and Low Ballers

Has anyone managed to prevent the "best price" "last price" "cash deal" loons from trying their luck, all my advers say in bold NO OFFERS but they appear to have lost the ability to read, not just the foreigners our home grown lot are just as bad, its getting worse over the years

is there any text these wasters can take notice of?

32 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

Has anyone managed to prevent the "best price" "last price" "cash deal" loons from trying their luck, all my advers say in bold NO OFFERS but they appear to have lost the ability to read, not just the foreigners our home grown lot are just as bad, its getting worse over the years

is there any text these wasters can take notice of?

I don’t think so.I am trying to get a ‘car buying pitch’ going,so yesterday we placed a job offer for experienced car sales guys to be ‘car traders’.The ad is quite specific,but we are getting Pizza delivery guys,window cleaners etc applying !

Andy, unfortunately not & tbh our home grown loons are just embarrassing to the word ‘British’.

I guess you’ve had a few nutters, I’m going through a quiet spell this week and I’ve had what can only be described as the most stupid offers from this country’s finest! I’ve even had two punters out, one I told “that’s the price” only to receive an email offer 2 days later. I’ve had my fun, told him yes!, ignored his further emails & when he finally plucked up the courage to phone I had the pleasure of sacking him off.

I think there are some desperate people out there struggling with their finances but that’s their problem, not mine.

5 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

FFS NO MONEY OFF ITS NOT BARGAIN HUNT

:lol::lol::lol:

'It's not bargain hunt' love it!

Should we have an award for best remark of the month competition?

I don't really mind the offers to be honest.  Mildly amusing and doesn't get to me. If you're super busy and flying then I could perhaps see it being annoying.  Wish I was. Would be a nicer problem to have.

• Like 1

I am currently using... my best price ? my best price is the price I can sell it for the most. do you mean what is the lowest I would accept ? Only use this really for the most aggressive customers who seem to think they know everything they love a bit of sarcasm.

Other than that and being very blunt and saying that is the price we will accept if you are not prepared to pay it no problem.

Unfortunately the bottom dollar brigade’s offers seem to come when I’m quiet. Funnily enough I’ve just received another “£500 less” offer via eBay. Vermin.

This is a recurring topic.Don’t let these people wind you up,they don’t have any money,they are probably chucky duffers aswell.

You should have stock answers for these guys to make them go away.I realise they are more prevalent now,I used to say things like -

Come back in 9 months,if it is still here you can have it........We must have a p/x with this sale,what have you got......Thank you,I will accept the balance by post dated cheque,just give me your details now and I will check your credit status.......can you get me half a dozen at that price and I will pay you 2 grand etc etc

Had a Polish guy this week on an 8k car say what's best price I said 8k he took a test drive and then said ok I buy, often all you need to do is say no.

By the way I like Polish they are straight talking.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Row said:

By the way I like Polish they are straight talking.

Snap. We do quite a bit to them and I find them really sensible whatever the price. Always seems they appreciate a bit of honesty and respect and they give it back equally. My favourite people to sell cars to by far these days.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Snap. We do quite a bit to them and I find them really sensible whatever the price. Always seems they appreciate a bit of honesty and respect and they give it back equally. My favourite people to sell cars to by far these days.

Ditto.....We had a punter who had an engineering factory in Essex.I said,it must be a nightmare getting staff down there.He said,no I only employ Polish workers.Also,they come over here and when you chat to them,they often have degrees but they don’t mind stacking shelves in Tesco or working in Poundshop until something better turns up.Different mentality to the kids here who may have a travel and tourism degree and expect to be offered a management job in Thomas Cook

I wish I could deal with polish buyers all day long, by far the easiest customers to deal with.

42 minutes ago, Jon said:

I wish I could deal with polish buyers all day long, by far the easiest customers to deal with.

They always seem to fly straight through when applying for finance too,  unlike some of the knockers that we have to hawk around several dozen different companies who all come back with either a no or an acceptance at 1386.58% APR as their credit is so bad. 

totally agree there quite hard to understand but very fair people to deal with, do you think its because they have a totally different life ethic there so easy to deal with.

10 minutes ago, Dealer said:

They always seem to fly straight through when applying for finance too,  unlike some of the knockers that we have to hawk around several dozen different companies who all come back with either a no or an acceptance at 1386.58% APR as their credit is so bad. 

Don’t worry, that’ll all soon change - those of you thinking Poles are the answer to this country’s ills are deluded. They’re no better & no worse than the rest of the population.

The last one I sold a car to (for his ex - a £1000 cheapie) hadn’t done a days work in years, he appeared to be some sort of wideboy in the obligatory blacked out Audi. Through our discussions what transpired was him & his like think this country is an easy ride, you can get away with most things, the state keeps a roof over their heads & credit was something to take out, make one payment then sod off with the goods! He added “things are very different in Poland, it’s laughable here” as he opened the glovebox & passed me one of the many bundles of money.

22 minutes ago, justina3 said:

totally agree there quite hard to understand but very fair people to deal with, do you think its because they have a totally different life ethic there so easy to deal with.

Yes 100%.

I find if you are right with them they know it but i'm sure they wouldn't tolerate anything that wasn't right or anyone who wasn't straight with them.

13 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

its the new influx of eastern europeans that are very hard work

Agreed, these are the chancers selling cars on the register as clean family vehicles and changing their account names on FB on a weekly basis.

I, like most of us here, just want to be dealt with fairly. In return, we wont take the p and will supply a good product at a sensible price. 

My wife has a great way of responding to the messages low balling us...

Car is up for 5k

Buyer: £2750?

Wifey: my best price to you would be £7250

Buyer: £7250?? But it's up at £5k??? (Having a stroke their end haha)

Wifey: you think it's ok for me to consider your offer at £2250 less than I have it up at, but you won't consider my counter offer of £7250? Doesn't seem fair does it? The price is 5k, if you want to make a sensible offer feel free to message me back, otherwise happy hunting!

Needless to say not one of this type of buyer have ever purchased lol but we have a chuckle at their shocked response.

I think 90% of these type of 'buyers' are plastic traders looking for ready stock. They clearly stumble across enough cars at stupid money by using this tactic or they wouldn't waste time trying.

• Like 1

only reply if you are bored

remember the greatest wits and writers started out on slate twitter where you rubbed two stones together to get the message to send

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;)

I like the Polish Customers - straight talking and if they dont want it, they just say so. They might ask for a bit of a deal, but theyll pay the price you have it on at if its fair. Best price customers? I'll only talk price when theyre with me.

I get loads of low ballers. My recent favourites have been a chap making a genuine offer of half the asking price. I replied telling him he’d mistaken me for DFS.

Another guy was trying to knock a wedge off as in his words he “needed to put fuel in his car to get to me”

I replied that he needs to put fuel in his car to get his food shopping each week but I bet you don’t ask the cashier in Asda for a 25% discount.

• Like 3

Depends what sort of day I'm having as to how I respond to offers. If I'm asked "what's your best price?" I reply "my best price is the highest price!"

I also sometimes use, "if I'd wanted less I'd have advertised it for less?"

Also, as above the Polish buyers are the best, no nonsense,knowledgable, straightforward. In comparison Romanian/Albanian lithuanian are hard work but come from a very different culture, imagine countries run by travellers.

• Like 1