rich89

Buying a car with no V5

16 minutes ago, AU Trader said:

Would selling a car without a V5c be a fair bit harder? I'm sure alot of people would be reluctant to buy a car without a V5c? 

If you’re clearly a trader (proper adverts, other sales cars at your premises, look like you know what you are doing etc.) it won’t be an issue AS LONG AS IT’S ‘IN TRADE’, YOU'VE BEEN SMART ENOUGH TO PRE-COMPLETE THE V62 & TAKE THE CUSTOMER TO THE POST OFFICE. 

If you’re just starting out & you only have this one car that you’ll be selling from your front door I’d suggest you apply for the log book now.

If it’s not ‘in trade’ I’d suggest you apply for the log book now regardless of your set-up. Punters don’t usually buy cars that they then have to park up for 6 to 8 weeks because they can’t tax it.

23 hours ago, AU Trader said:

Thanks for your replies!

Would selling a car without a V5c be a fair bit harder? I'm sure alot of people would be reluctant to buy a car without a V5c? 

What if the car isn't registered as trade already? I won't be able to register it as trade since I don't have the V5c number?

Excuse my lack of knowledge, pretty new to this game. I'm not on the 80% since I'm just starting out

There are a few guides online as well as forums like this. I used this one: https://www.jamjar.com/sell-my-car/car-selling-guidance/sell-my-car-without-v5c-logbook/

It explains a bit for someone new to all of this like myself -- Hope it helps!

On 2/6/2018 at 12:08 PM, metcars said:

....and then you get the A4 envelope from the auction?:D

Haha I’ve had this. Ours another owner on but can save about a grand on a car sometimes just because no v5

15 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Haha I’ve had this. Ours another owner on but can save about a grand on a car sometimes just because no v5

sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell em pike

this message will self destruct in 1 hour

unless someone quotes it

Any one know what the issue could be as I dont seem to be able to get the post office to do a V62 and V10.....computer says no ? never has an issue with it before. I even have the sellers full details also for postcode...

33 minutes ago, w1zard43 said:

Any one know what the issue could be as I dont seem to be able to get the post office to do a V62 and V10.....computer says no ? never has an issue with it before. I even have the sellers full details also for postcode...

V10

What decade have you come from

Hi I am just wondering if any one could help me my car had to go into the Garage to get quite abit of work done so I bought a cheap car to get to and from work I have sent me v5 to put car into my name but have not received my new one yet (don’t know how long it will take with covid-19) the garage have rang and said my car is ready to be picked up so I want to sell The car I bought on how can I go about this without receiving new v5 yet would be much appreciate if any one could help thanks 

Or does any one know how long it will take for new v5 to come back to me with what’s happening with covid-19 if it will take the standard 2-4 weeks I will wait 

24 minutes ago, Bs.26 said:

Hi I am just wondering if any one could help me my car had to go into the Garage to get quite abit of work done so I bought a cheap car to get to and from work I have sent me v5 to put car into my name but have not received my new one yet (don’t know how long it will take with covid-19) the garage have rang and said my car is ready to be picked up so I want to sell The car I bought on how can I go about this without receiving new v5 yet would be much appreciate if any one could help thanks 

Or does any one know how long it will take for new v5 to come back to me with what’s happening with covid-19 if it will take the standard 2-4 weeks I will wait 

•  

Could be up to 8 weeks . They say 6 but post is slow due to covid-19 as a private seller it will be difficult to sell without 

38 minutes ago, Casper said:

Could be up to 8 weeks . They say 6 but post is slow due to covid-19 as a private seller it will be difficult to sell without 

I have a buyer lined up I have told him what’s happened and showed him the part of the v5 I have kept and not sent back to the DVLA he is happy about that but I just don’t want any speeding tickets or any think like that coming thought to my address after I sell the car as I don’t know the person I am selling it to so I was wondering what I could do thanks a lot for replying 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bs.26 said:

I have a buyer lined up I have told him what’s happened and showed him the part of the v5 I have kept and not sent back to the DVLA he is happy about that but I just don’t want any speeding tickets or any think like that coming thought to my address after I sell the car as I don’t know the person I am selling it to so I was wondering what I could do thanks a lot for replying 

What do you do with all your other paperwork then now? the confetti market is in freefall

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Bs.26 said:

Write a letter addressed to the dvla explaining the situation both you and the buyer sign it and send it and keep a copy normally i would say send recorded delivery but unsure how effective this would be during this period  so maybe as well first class . 

When the v5 arrives send it back you sign it but in the new keeper part write buyer not present as sale completed on date as per earlier letter put the date in due to covid 19 social distancing and postal service being slow . Or include a note saying this . 

Edited by Casper

8 minutes ago, Casper said:

Write a letter addressed to the dvla explaining the situation both you and the buyer sign it and send it and keep a copy normally i would say send recorded delivery but unsure how effective this would be during this period  so maybe as well first class . 

When the v5 arrives send it back you sign it but in the new keeper part write buyer not present as sale completed on date as per earlier letter put the date in due to covid 19 social distancing and postal service being slow . Or include a note saying this . 

Hi mr casper the person selling the car says he doesn't know the details of who he is selling it to

This means he is not a motor trader but a scaly

It is an offense not to advise the dvla of new keeper details

I'm out

13 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Hi mr casper the person selling the car says he doesn't know the details of who he is selling it to

I'm out

Well if thats the case there no much he can do to be fair i thought he know the details name address of etc of the buyer which he could have put in letter if not then thats of course a different matter and he shouldn't sell the car to random with no details. And i agree with you 

ill also admit i probably never read his post correctly . 

Edited by Casper

5 minutes ago, Casper said:

Well if thats the case there no much he can do to be fair i thought he know the details name address of etc of the buyer which he could have put in letter if not then thats of course a different matter and he shouldn't sell the car to random with no details. And i agree with you 

No worries

Next time take that white sheet off your head when reading:lol:;)

1 minute ago, New year revolutions...... said:

No worries

Next time take that white sheet off your head when reading:lol:;)

Or wear the glasses . I refuse to admit I'm getting old baldy head and needing glasses How yous and the missus doing ?

Edited by Casper

13 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I'm out

I am not a scaly And I can get the new buyers details when he picks the car up don’t know there person who I am selling the car to he is not a friend he is a random person who has got in contact after seen the car for sale and only reason I havnt sold him it yet is because I didn’t know what to do as the v5 has not come back, if I was a scaly I would have just sold the car and not been bothered so I suggest you get a life and stop trying to make things hard for people you don’t know over the internet you sad person 

1 minute ago, New year revolutions...... said:

We are currently holding up the local coop

Will get back to you when we've counted the lolly

Or got in the door 

1 minute ago, Bs.26 said:

I am not a scaly And I can get the new buyers details when he picks the car up don’t know there person who I am selling the car to he is not a friend he is a random person who has got in contact after seen the car for sale and only reason I havnt sold him it yet is because I didn’t know what to do as the v5 has not come back, if I was a scaly I would have just sold the car and not been bothered so I suggest you get a life and stop trying to make things hard for people you don’t know over the internet you sad person 

Best laugh I've had all week

Thanks mr non scaly:D:D

1 minute ago, Casper said:

Or got in the door 

We were both packing Magnums to do the hit

Unfortunately we are now the first in line to enter but both holding dripping sticks

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Casper said:

Well if thats the case there no much he can do to be fair i thought he know the details name address of etc of the buye which he could have put in letter if not then thats of course a different matter and he shouldn't sell the car to random with no details. And i agree with you 

Thanks a lot for your advise that sad person who commented mentioning I am a scaly because I don’t know the new buyers details doesn’t have a clue if you sell cars for a living am sure you will know that 9 out of 10 people you sell a car to you don’t have a clue who they are they will have got in contact though the internet or how ever you have your car advertised so I would just like to apologise for that gob shite who calls people he doesn’t know of the internet scalys, and once again thanks for your advise 

9 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Best laugh I've had all week

Thanks mr non scaly:D:D

We were both packing Magnums to do the hit

Unfortunately we are now the first in line to enter but both holding dripping sticks

Can you tell me once we’re I said I can’t get the new buyers details? 

1 hour ago, Bs.26 said:

I have a buyer lined up I have told him what’s happened and showed him the part of the v5 I have kept and not sent back to the DVLA he is happy about that but I just don’t want any speeding tickets or any think like that coming thought to my address after I sell the car as I don’t know the person I am selling it to 

Edited by New year revolutions......
I've Made the wORDs bIG

It’d just like to point out the outrageous grammatical errors surrounding the words scaly & scalys, of which the pronunciation must surely be scale-y & scale-ees. 

Assuming the comments are referring to a ne’er-do-well character who fails to execute business in the correct manner, I believe the correct spellings to be scally & scallies. 

I’ll get my coat..........