Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Prices at the block

Just been discussing these prices to Cap etc.Our guy has an interesting theory.Who benefits from these ‘way over ‘ book results.What is it to stop the bigger auction groups from reporting misleading results to Cap/Glasses.We mainly use BCA and they must appear to be heroes to their major vendors for achieving what must be ‘way over ‘ reserve results time and again.Surely Cap  cannot be so inept to get their valuations so wrong month on month without receiving misinformation 

I simply don't buy when the prices go silly. Just turn your back and walk right back out, no point in buying for buying sake..... It also lets the auctioneer know I won't pay over the odds....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I simply don't buy when the prices go silly. Just turn your back and walk right back out, no point in buying for buying sake..... It also lets the auctioneer know I won't pay over the odds....

100 %

Another day, another 6 pages of A4 made worthless.  Not even 1 provisional today and I had around 40+ vehicles watched and bid upon.

The double hall bid was out in force today.  How can the auctioneer see my 2 bids on the bounce while seeing 2 people in the hall?  If he's watching the screen for my bid he's not watching the hall., it's impossible.  

Derby and Nottingham were unreal today.

8 minutes ago, Earunder said:

100 %

Another day, another 6 pages of A4 made worthless.  Not even 1 provisional today and I had around 40+ vehicles watched and bid upon.

The double hall bid was out in force today.  How can the auctioneer see my 2 bids on the bounce while seeing 2 people in the hall?  If he's watching the screen for my bid he's not watching the hall., it's impossible.  

Derby and Nottingham were unreal today.

Can't stand Derby BCA, always very dear

We are seriously low of stock after a busy December and January, we thought we had enough to cover but didn't predict to do as many sales as we did in December.

Won't be forced to buy stock for retail money then spend the next few months trying to get rid at cost price, rather wait it out.

BCA is crazy at the moment but that's nothing new. 

BCA are doing record business,so I have just picked up 3000 shares at 191.5p,if they drop to 187p,I will do the same again.

FINALLY!!!!!  Over 1k vehicles watched this week I've finally managed to get some in!

12 in 7 days!  Still about 15 odd short but at last there is some sense.  Maybe the vendors had low reserves, who knows.  None of it was WBAC rubbish, all from good vendors so over the moon this afternoon!

Hope you guys had better days also!

On 23/01/2018 at 5:31 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

Yep, I’m not working for nothing either. I’ve bought a couple this week, but need about 10 - those buying at close to retail are welcome to their stock because I like working for profit, not for money back.

As for the trade buying shitty old shape Fiestas for strong money, what’s that all about? I wouldn’t thank you for that sort of stock, tbh I thought they’d only be fit for Scumtree at Scumtree prices. Good luck, give me a 150K mile 4x4 any day of the week! Proper buyers at proper money making me a proper wage - unlike greedy/penniless small car buying scum.

We're about 15 - 20 cars short now so it's panic stations but we simply refuse to pay silly money for junk.

Tonight was the perfect example.

Nice 2010 1 series in white 60k, just our kind of low end flash mobile for the middle class driveways locally.

Cap clean £4600 needed a bit of paint but i'd pay top book still

All good until we see the vehicle description states " NO BRAKES "

New one on me...now we're not talking needing some pads or a warped disc. We're talking NO BRAKES.

Rolls into the hall, pushed to a stop and proceeds to make £4850. 

If it wasn't so funny i'd be angry at a wasted evening

6 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

We're about 15 - 20 cars short now so it's panic stations but we simply refuse to pay silly money for junk.

Nice 2010 1 series in white 60k, just our kind of low end flash mobile for the middle class driveways locally.

New one on me...now we're not talking needing some pads or a warped disc. We're talking NO BRAKES.

Fluid leak ?

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Fluid leak ?

ABS DSC pump requires refurb/replacement. 

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

Absolutely bloody ridiculous

2 hours ago, grant8064 said:

mental prices .

On 25/01/2018 at 0:25 PM, trade vet said:

BCA are doing record business,so I have just picked up 3000 shares at 191.5p,if they drop to 187p,I will do the same again.

Just picked up another 2000 at 187p.....May help in arguments with them about misdescriptions etc...We currently have two cases to talk to them about,left messages Friday but no response yet....as they do.Will keep you informed !

1 hour ago, tradex said:

As a part owner can we come to you with issues now;)

Yes ! ,  better still buy a few shares ,we could call ourselves BCA shareholders action group.We could charge traders a set fee per complaint,can you imagine ..........

I tried Merthyr Auctions in wales last week, have to put a 2k deposit down to bid. I was interested in a minibus that was going through, Id probably look to sell it for £8500, sold loads of them this year, went through the block at £9750, then there was about £700 in fees on top of that, plus delivery!!

1 hour ago, D7neo said:

I tried Merthyr Auctions in wales last week, have to put a 2k deposit down to bid. I was interested in a minibus that was going through, Id probably look to sell it for £8500, sold loads of them this year, went through the block at £9750, then there was about £700 in fees on top of that, plus delivery!!

that place is a total mystery to me, its only 20mins away from me and often have some semi decent stock in there, but they hate traders 80% of the kit gets bought on line i was told not to waste there time (there words not mine) about opening an account, i do not know a single person who buys from there and for my sins i know a lot of people. 

The cafe is very good though in all fairness.

Just waisted 4 hours of my time at BCA Paddock wood.... prices are unbelievable, from cheaper bits to lumpy bits , where they are going with em and the profit they are having out of em f*^k knows.

I knew buying would be tough this month, but it's now to take the ****. Thing is, I can't see prices being sensible in Feb either so bugger it, I'm buying a few more shipping containers.

• Like 1

I've noticed that BCA do move a lot of their stock around, more than Manheim. I spend a lot of time driving up and down the M1 every week and there is a seemingly endless stream of loaded BCA trucks heading northbound. I'm guessing they know some of their stock is better placed at certain auction sites but you don't seem to get a lot of trucks heading down to Paddock Wood/Blackbushe. 

7 hours ago, Jack Regan said:

Just waisted 4 hours of my time at BCA Paddock wood.... prices are unbelievable, from cheaper bits to lumpy bits , where they are going with em and the profit they are having out of em f*^k knows.

are the prices really that bad not been to a auction for years .

10 hours ago, cars ne said:

are the prices really that bad not been to a auction for years .

Paddock Wood used to be the end of the rainbow in a very nice part of Kent/Sussex where people could afford to look after their cars regardless of age. But, that's all changed and they get the same old shit you find everywhere else. P/x's on their last legs, mostly hiding a catastrophic failure, two weeks MOT and no history.

The staff are friendly though.

Edited by met
  • Like 1

another 3 hours standing there to come away with a big fat zero....the joys wait there are no joys