Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Prices at the block

10 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Brighouse,I thought Greengrass bought them all.

ah brighouse and greengrass in his scruffy coat held on with string:D

wonder if they still have fish in the moat as you went aboard bought a car and they lost the keys

happy memories.................................not

7 hours ago, s and b said:

has it got a blown headgasket or a bit of mayonnaise as most traders on here think mayonnaise is a blown gasket:o

too much edd china and ant tv watching i guess with the old nissan:lol:

I wiped many an oil cap on a vauxhall but sadly this times its the real deal 

This one was full on, no coolant and loads of pressure from the tank when I opened it, smelt of petrol fumes and the oil is like milkshake. 

17 hours ago, Dan W said:

Work at a main dealer here. and we are currently using Dealer Auction to move most of our px vehicles and I am really surprised at how much places are paying for stuff.

example Toyota Yaris Diesel 07 with 112k bodywork damage on it and decent history. someone just gave us £1500 it booked at about £1200 without the damage ! looking on autotrader and others places cant see where he will make his profit.

It doesn’t surprise me & there is going to be plenty of buyers remorse next month. It’s just as bad at the block, traders giving clean money for abused shite with no history, marks in every panel & pigsty interiors.

I’d rather not buy - I always value battered shite at battered shite money. Those buying are either lax on prep work or working for little. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know how the supermarkets get the bulk of their stock? Have they got direct deals with the leasing companies and finance houses?

I know they get a percentage from auction as I'm chummy with a cargiant buyer at Blackbushe, but never asked him about their business model really.

Would like to know this also. 

Where do the bigger guys get their stock from which is all very decent

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Would like to know this also. 

Where do the bigger guys get their stock from which is all very decent

Manheim and MFL, but god are they expensive at the moment

• Like 1

Still cant see where the profit is especially with the kind of overheads they all must have!!!

1 hour ago, Dan W said:

Manheim and MFL, but god are they expensive at the moment

Pre internet days there used to be some 'huge' buyers at Manheim Colchester (when it was NCA they used a helipad) but I don't see those sorts of buyers buying those volumes any more. I'm guessing that they don't have to limit themselves to one site?

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Still cant see where the profit is especially with the kind of overheads they all must have!!!

I agree,I think you will find that most of these guys nett 1% of T/O. However,in my experience Car Giant have usually paid the most money for stock,yet they nett far more than 1% !

• Like 1

I personally feel that the guides are totally outdated these days.

How many of you admit pricing stock realistically based upon what others are selling for in your area!

5 hours ago, Cornish Guy said:

How many of you admit pricing stock realistically based upon what others are selling for in your area!

+1

On 16/01/2018 at 4:57 PM, Ocsltd said:

Yeah same here, very useful!!

14 hours ago, Cornish Guy said:

Absolutely, always have done :)

17 hours ago, Cornish Guy said:

Yep. About as much use as a tax disc holder.

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Most of the big boys will not be looking at the car price but the bolt on's to make there margin, huge commissions for gap ppi superguard the list does go on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Most of the big boys will not be looking at the car price but the bolt on's to make there margin, huge commissions for gap ppi superguard the list does go on.

I agree,it’s like the budget airlines where the profit is in what they make on the trolley and cinemas with the drinks and the pop corn.

42 minutes ago, justina3 said:

The ones that I watch till seem to buy for 10% Gross at least, so not exactly peanuts.

Today has been one of the most expensive, well "run" days, I've ever seen.

Was watching BB, PeterB, Bedford and all made silly crazy.  Over CAP clean without fees.

Only had 7 vehicles on my lists today but didn't even get second bidder on one of them!  Wouldn't mind so much, but now I have about 25 spaces.  Been a crazy start to the year with some of these prices.  Don't particularly want to go back to Manheim but it's looking more and more likely.

Jag XF - 2011, 35k, White, V6 Premium Lux, CAP £12,200 - Made £12,750 - Retails on AT @ £14,260... 

It's a crazy game right now.

2 hours ago, Earunder said:

Was watching BB, PeterB, Bedford and all made silly crazy.  Over CAP clean without fees.

Only had 7 vehicles on my lists today but didn't even get second bidder on one of them!  Wouldn't mind so much, but now I have about 25 spaces.  Been a crazy start to the year with some of these prices.  Don't particularly want to go back to Manheim but it's looking more and more likely.

Jag XF - 2011, 35k, White, V6 Premium Lux, CAP £12,200 - Made £12,750 - Retails on AT @ £14,260... 

Yes cars that used to generate GP of 20% are down to 10%

15 hours ago, Earunder said:

It's the same at Manheim

2006 Fiesta, clean enough, Freedom model, 55k on the clock, £2200 on the hammer :unsure:

2 hours ago, SC Derby said:

2006 Fiesta, clean enough, Freedom model, 55k on the clock, £2200 on the hammer :unsure:

I just sold a Ghia in black fully loaded in lovely condition for £1795 !! 

2 hours ago, SC Derby said:

That makes my 57 14k poverty model Fiesta out of BCA last week cheap at hammer down £1975 !

Madness. A few years I remember I would sometimes get stressed and think 'how are we ever going to get stock' when prices go like this.

But now I think positive, all these cars going for silly money will look so overpriced if we continue to work hard & find the cars at decent money.