Sign in to follow this  
R and K Autohouse

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI CR DPF Black Edition DSG 5dr

Bought x2 skodas over 3 weeks ago now, one auto and one manual both black edition in mint condition, not a single call or viewing since purchase. Skodas hard sell? or it is just my luck? What do you guys think?

I've got a gorgeous Octavia DSG petrol in perfect old boy spec that i've been looking at for six months now. Finally got a tickle, hardly surprising given it's £500 below where it should be.

Not a fan of them tbh. I think lacking a Skoda MD around our area doesn't help but we should still be getting AT hits and we're not.

• Like 1

We always do okay in the budget range - sensible mileage £4k-£7k at retail. Estates better.

1 hour ago, R and K Autohouse said:

Bought x2 skodas over 3 weeks ago now, one auto and one manual both black edition in mint condition, not a single call or viewing since purchase. Skodas hard sell? or it is just my luck? What do you guys think?

Do they list with VRS in the title ?

so they are VRS's?

if they dont try putting VRS in the headline grabber making it searchable

• Like 1

They need VRS in the title

Also, the first photo your buyer will see in the search results in very poor, you can hardly see the car when browsing a list of results.

I'm starting to think I should consult for all of these new traders looking for advice this week ! :D

Edited by twerp
  • Like 1

I've always struggled with Skodas, last one I had for 6 months before I cut my losses back in September and sold it to a trader in Ireland, he's still got it. 

8 minutes ago, DHill said:

I've always struggled with Skodas, last one I had for 6 months before I cut my losses back in September and sold it to a trader in Ireland, he's still got it. 

The car supermarkets still hoover them up at the sales though

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

What does the DSG actually stand for?

Dual sequential gearbox, direct shift gearbox. Depends who you ask really.

The latter is the correct name but most say it's the former.

Edited by rich89

3 hours ago, rich89 said:

Dual sequential gearbox, direct shift gearbox. Depends who you ask really.

The latter is the correct name but most say it's the former.

Aah..... So its not "dirty shitty gearbox" ? :D

• Like 1

DSG = Droop Snoot Group. At least 40 year Vauxhall’s don’t suffer gearbox problems unlike fine VAG quality automobiles. :rolleyes:

Skodas seem to have dive bombed in the secondhand market unless it’s a £1295 04 plate diesel estate banger. All of the later stuff seems to attract little or no attention & God help you if you’ve got an Octavia hatchback.

I just sold my Octavia DSG!!!

Was a slog and i'm not gonna earn much but thank christ it's gone.

I sold our 60k 06 Superb (Model not a description) Hatch last month.  Came back the next week with no reverse gear...automatic....money back.....should have guessed, standard german crap. Another on the list of cars not to get involved with.

So much for progress, I don’t think the old Estelles suffered gearbox problems. 

On 18/01/2018 at 1:30 PM, tradex said:

DSG ohh don't, HP Firenza's, Sports Hatches.

That HP is one of my favorite all time cars, nearly bought one back in the late 80's, guy was selling it to pay for new shells in his DB5...bought a GP Beach Buggy instead, what was I f**king thinking? I had a 2300 Magnum Coupe in 1981/2, so the HP was the natural progression, built like a barn door those old cars.

We don't go seeking Vauxhalls nowadays, always wallet busters for us but good for our mechs, shame as they were good news for us few years back.

They're getting few and far between

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=vauxhall+firenza+&commit=Search

4 hours ago, R and K Autohouse said:

@grant8064 you are lucky guy, I'm still stuck with mine :D

It'll go.

Ours was cheapest nationally (we're never ever the cheapest!) and they still had to go away and think about it.

The worst thing is it's such a lovely car!

Gorgeous colour, mint interior, lovely spec, full proper history...sometimes you just can't win