Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Finally got a unit

58 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I have no idea... to be fair :) I just want somewhere to store them. 

Good...you know what they say ‘ if it’s not broke,don’t fix it’

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Well I'm finally in my first unit...... Its got more space that I thought :)

Looks brilliant mate well done. May i ask, how long did it take you to build up to such a nice array of good cars in stock? Did you always follow your current sales method with the videos?

Looks good, not easy to find a nice unit like that around these parts. If I could find something similar around here I would be sorely tempted to give up my forecourt!

Thats a great size unit and nice and bright too

Looks the part Simon, how many units can you get in there in total?

Congratulations, it looks good. All the best and hopefully onwards and upwards!

Hi guys, I can get in easily 18 maybe 20 with a squeeze. I’m looking forward to learning the best way to take appealing  pictures inside and video presentation:) 

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Hi guys, I can get in easily 18 maybe 20 with a squeeze. I’m looking forward to learning the best way to take appealing  pictures inside and video presentation:) 

I struggle with my pics sometimes with he light, have to have the door shut for exterior pics, and then take the interior ones outdoors!! arghh lighting is key for me!

Good luck with the unit too, looks similar to ours, but with more toilets! ha ha

Looks good. First thing I would be doing is putting some LED lights up, then a pool table, then a golf swing room and then probably a bed in the corner for when your in the dog house at home!

Anyway, good luck with it.

18 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Simon,I would continue with your home video presentations which are unique.The reason being that from a punters perspective it provides them with an image of stability or ‘air of respectability’ from living in a desirable neighbourhood etc.Unless of course,you could recreate a presentation that shows you coming out of your property or front garden,walking down the drive past one or two nice bits of stock,then into your unit.This would create an image that your unit is in the grounds of your property......

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

Simon,I would continue with your home video presentations which are unique.The reason being that from a punters perspective it provides them with an image of stability or ‘air of respectability’ from living in a desirable neighbourhood etc.Unless of course,you could recreate a presentation that shows you coming out of your property or front garden,walking down the drive past one or two nice bits of stock,then into your unit.This would create an image that your unit is in the grounds of your property......

Not very 'transparent' though is it...... :D (Great idea though!)

42 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Not very 'transparent' though is it...... :D (Great idea though!)

Lol OCS.    TV, I know exactly what you mean, maybe a large stately home, swimming pool, lake and a Bentley all "video clipped" into a new "transparency" introduction......

My thoughts are currently looking at pushing a "buy it now" ease and simplicity route with a nominal deposit  / only pay balance on confirmation route.... Who knows where the unit will lead me, I am just glad I'' m saving so much time on logistics :)

37 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Lol OCS.    TV, I know exactly what you mean, maybe a large stately home, swimming pool, lake and a Bentley all "video clipped" into a new "transparency" introduction......

My thoughts are currently looking at pushing a "buy it now" ease and simplicity route with a nominal deposit  / only pay balance on confirmation route.... Who knows where the unit will lead me, I am just glad I'' m saving so much time on logistics :)

Ha Ha..stately home overlooking lake etc,that wouldn’t work,your punters would feel outside their comfort zone.You would need to move up to over £50k stuff ! It’s amazing what you can get away with.In the AT mag days,we had 3 dull units on a trading estate and after seeing the film ‘Wag the Dog’,it gave me an idea.I got the agency to create a new heading for our ad with CGI making our units look vast with a massive forecourt and dozens of punters.It worked really well and no one complained.I think it is known as  ‘artistic licence’....,sounds better than ‘a load of bullshit’.

“Artistic license” I like that :) my thoughts are about a realistic believable perception. Accuracy, ease and simplicity and a generic theme is where I need to be. The thing with pictures outside is it is dependent on the right light and weather. Days and days can be wasted just waiting for the right light with continued re-valeting. I need continuity indoors with really good lighting for great photos and videos, one stop photo video advert to complete efficiency. 

20 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

“Artistic license” I like that :) my thoughts are about a realistic believable perception. Accuracy, ease and simplicity and a generic theme is where I need to be. The thing with pictures outside is it is dependent on the right light and weather. Days and days can be wasted just waiting for the right light with continued re-valeting. I need continuity indoors with really good lighting for great photos and videos, one stop photo video advert to complete efficiency. 

Weather...and birds mess. Two things you're already beating me on being indoors.