Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Private/personal plates

Personal plates usually leave me cold but I tend to notice the odd, odd one. Today I was following a high end VW Golf with the plate "I VW" and the plates were marked with Inchape Volkswagen dealership. Happy coincidence or someone that really likes Inchape VW?:D

I VW or 1 VW? I've seen the car if it's the latter, rudeboy blue R32, before that a GTD. Driven by one of the top brass at Inchcape probably. How the other half live eh? 

I have collected about 10 -15 plates over the years all listed on eBay and not a bite, only ever sold one and that was through the terrible pistonheads site

11 hours ago, LISL said:

I VW or 1 VW? I've seen the car if it's the latter, rudeboy blue R32, before that a GTD. Driven by one of the top brass at Inchcape probably. How the other half live eh? 

Out of interest ( or probably not ),not only are company car users taxed on their availibility for potential private use and emissions etc.If their company car also carries a private number plate which is owned by their company,they should also declare it as a ‘benefit in kind’ and tax is due based on its open market valuation.I would imagine 1 VW is a valuable plate,so if you were a top rate tax payer you could be heavily penalised for having it on your company car.....On the other hand,it is probably down as a staff pool car which could technically circumvent the tax charge....

On 06/01/2018 at 1:38 AM, LISL said:

Sounds like the same car, not what I'd expect top brass to drive around in unless it's 'for the wife'?

4 hours ago, met said:

Sounds like the same car, not what I'd expect top brass to drive around in unless it's 'for the wife'?

I love the new R's, proper boy racers cars but one of the best cars I've ever driven 

It is 1 VW It was owned by Ian Skelly Audi - VW Many years ago , also used to own AUD 1 ( Those who don't know the name Ian Skelly was a massive /successful dealer started in Scotland,also had dealerships in Liverpool, Manchester)