Sign in to follow this  
Tom

January 2018 sales. Busy?

18 minutes ago, Dan W said:

Valid points.

they even said they had been looking at it on the website for a few days.... well why if its a Manual and you are not going to buy it.....

I just cant comprehend what goes on in peoples minds.

Don't even try to :lol:

This Jan has really kicked off well yesterday was madness here we did 8 Sat alone. I reckon it may dip a bit mid month and then be good after that, hard part now is buying as always.

16 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Don't even try to :lol:

This Jan has really kicked off well yesterday was madness here we did 8 Sat alone. I reckon it may dip a bit mid month and then be good after that, hard part now is buying as always.

I sometimes try to work the logic out and wonder if other people in their jobs get similar people...... for example would a person working in a travel agents get a customer walk in and say....

Hi I am looking at booking a holiday somewhere not sure where or how much I really want to spend.... I deffo wouldn't go to Egypt but would you mind telling me a bit about it even though I wouldn't go there.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

......and paid you for your time. 

Free car hire to see what it’s like even though they won’t be buying yours! It makes you wonder what planet these arseholes are on - I wonder if they’d walk into Hertz & ask for a free spin out.

Tbh they don’t sound like Honda people, Honda punters are 99% genuine. That’s why when I start getting the “last price” email on a Honda I know I’m wasting my time cos a Honda man wants it right, will pay the going rate and wants to see the merchandise - rather like old school Volvo men from years ago.

Yeh !.....old Volvo estates,except no matter what they were like,older punters could not buy them quick enough.

1 hour ago, Dan W said:

I sometimes try to work the logic out and wonder if other people in their jobs get similar people...... for example would a person working in a travel agents get a customer walk in and say....

Hi I am looking at booking a holiday somewhere not sure where or how much I really want to spend.... I deffo wouldn't go to Egypt but would you mind telling me a bit about it even though I wouldn't go there.

You never been to a restaurant with someone who asks the waiter / waitress what they reccomend and then orders something completely different anyway ?

28 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

You never been to a restaurant with someone who asks the waiter / waitress what they reccomend and then orders something completely different anyway ?

:lol:

Its not slowed down in camper world, I have two and a half definite camper conversions on the books first one is coming next week. The half is part 2 of conversion I started in October. So thats me busy till March, I dont even have the time to do my own Camper, one restriction I have is the size of my unit. One van comfortably fits in, bare in mind I need space to work around it and space to store fittings, which are far from small items! Bed, Furniture, bumpers, wheels etc. 

My space issue could be answered as one of the other tenants might be retiring, his unit is twice the size, so I have my fingers crossed. I think I would keep my existing unit though.

My other restriction is my time and the fact I need help. I need someone who could pick the job up quickly, be creative and a good problem solver. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MrC said:

Its not slowed down in camper world, I have two and a half definite camper conversions on the books first one is coming next week. The half is part 2 of conversion I started in October. So thats me busy till March, I dont even have the time to do my own Camper, one restriction I have is the size of my unit. One van comfortably fits in, bare in mind I need space to work around it and space to store fittings, which are far from small items! Bed, Furniture, bumpers, wheels etc. 

My space issue could be answered as one of the other tenants might be retiring, his unit is twice the size, so I have my fingers crossed. I think I would keep my existing unit though.

My other restriction is my time and the fact I need help. I need someone who could pick the job up quickly, be creative and a good problem solver. 

Mr C

Your Vans look brilliant.It just seems to me that if you could keep a few of them and instead of selling them,rent them out,you would probably do very well.I had not realised how much they rented for ! 

6 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Mr C

Your Vans look brilliant.It just seems to me that if you could keep a few of them and instead of selling them,rent them out,you would probably do very well.I had not realised how much they rented for ! 

Id love to Build a couple of rentals over the winter, Rent out over summer then sell in autumn and repeat.  It is something I have thought about, its how I would go about financing such an operation. 

They only rent out well as long as the last hirer isn’t a dickhead & hasn’t ripped off the side of one on a campsite gatepost, smashed f*** out of it pissed up coming back from the pub, or just destroying it at a weekend summer camping piss-up.

A small hirer with just a couple of vehicles could very easily have his business scuppered at the start of the season by a couple of imbeciles. These stories are secondhand but I remember decades ago a fella chucking in the towel after these sorts of tales. He decided the vehicle rental game was only for the big boys - a few hundred quid deposit doesn’t go far.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrC said:

Id love to Build a couple of rentals over the winter, Rent out over summer then sell in autumn and repeat.  It is something I have thought about, its how I would go about financing such an operation. 

Get your accountant or someone to do a business plan,show it to the bank and see what their response is.In my experience,bank managers are into caravans and camping.Alternativeley,if you advertised in the AT equivalent for campers,because of the talent you have,you could get an investor.There are a lot of people out there sitting on cash and getting no return for it and looking for investment opportunities.

9 hours ago, BHM said:

They only rent out well as long as the last hirer isn’t a dickhead & hasn’t ripped off the side of one on a campsite gatepost, smashed f*** out of it pissed up coming back from the pub, or just destroying it at a weekend summer camping piss-up.

A small hirer with just a couple of vehicles could very easily have his business scuppered at the start of the season by a couple of imbeciles. These stories are secondhand but I remember decades ago a fella chucking in the towel after these sorts of tales. He decided the vehicle rental game was only for the big boys - a few hundred quid deposit doesn’t go far.

There is a downside to everything.Having looked at the numbers,it appears a better business than renting property.Even today,I saw some camper rental company in the south charging £300 for a weekend hire and a lot of their stuff was out on hire.These were older ,poor spec camper vans.In the summer,£1300 per week appears to be the going rate.Surely,that is better than selling cars !

15 hours ago, MrC said:

I would have thought your V Dubs would make excellent rentals for those young professionals that are considering buying one but want to check out whether they like the weekend surf lifestyle before forking out 20k on one.

I know it's a lot of money to have tied up but a demo vehicle would be great and it could then be rented out to cover its cost?

Very impressed with your builds mate so if I ever decide I want a weekend toy I know you'll be the first person I message

Thanks for the comments guys, as it goes I ran the idea past a the MD of a company have got vans off in the past. Big leasing company over Leeds http://www.nlcommercials.co.uk/ 

He said my biggest cost would be insurance and on a small set up you would do well to break even, and lets not forget you would need a spare van as a back up should anything go wrong. Last thing you want to is phone some a few days before the before their hols to have to cancel cause the last person cant driver or its had a major mechanical fail 

2 gone today both automatics a 56 plate Focus auto 1.6 65k fsh to Belfast and a 08 plate Note Tekna 1.6 auto to Edinburgh both yielding a nice profit.

We're on our way to a good month here. Two short of our target and so much better than December.

Really steady flow of reasonable customers.

3 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

8 Sold today by 1pm - Out of nowhere :wacko:

8........gulp...... how many do you hold in stock?

On 02/01/2018 at 8:22 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

On 02/01/2018 at 5:04 PM, justina3 said:

Wow Rory result !! I'm plodding along with 9 sold so far, but very busy trying to get my unit usable :) Ive only got 9 listed with 11 to put on......There's not enough time in the day...

37 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Wow Rory result !! I'm plodding along with 9 sold so far, but very busy trying to get my unit usable :) Ive only got 9 listed with 11 to put on......There's not enough time in the day...

At times, I have considered outsourcing listing and photo editing to one of those Eastern European freelancer / home workers for a few quid an hour...

Edited by twerp

5 minutes ago, twerp said:

At times, I have considered outsourcing listing and photo editing to one of those Eastern European freelancer / home workers for a few quid an hour...

Hi Twerp, I outsource all the mechanical work and 90% of the valeting. I see my role as solely the sales end, making sure the photos and video are top notch.... it’s a constant evolvement, I’m always trying to refine.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

8 Sold today by 1pm - Out of nowhere :wacko:

That was like us last weekend...did eight also and only had one of those booked in advance for a test drive. Happens but I wish it was more often.

Two today which is OK for a Saturday...currently plodding along at an average amount for the month

I did 5 last saturday out of 19.

This week just the one :wacko: but I'm mega low on stock!