Sign in to follow this  
Tom

January 2018 sales. Busy?

2 sold this morning (did 3 between Christmas and new years eve. 

Go tom, dead down here but the weather is shocking so most people still tucked away in holiday mode.

I took a break between 25th-30th. Week before Christmas did 4, sold 4 on the 31st and 1 so far this year (on New Years Day)

I really need more stock. 

We aren't doing too bad.

Done 1 on 23rd

Sold the 23rd's P/X on Christmas Day (no rest for the wicked, eh? - especially when you make them pay in full before viewing! Not working Xmas day for a 'just looking')

And another sold on 31st - Paid in full over the phone and asked for delivery. Not a problem Sir!

Guy on the 31st had to buy as he has a kid on the way, at 55 he wasn't expecting more kids! A TV licence would have been cheaper :)

• Like 1

Did five in that funny bit between Christmas and New Years which was good.

Nothing but complete and utter time wasters about so far into 2018 but it'll swing back into life next week I reckon

Finished the year really strong with 10 cars sold from the 21st to the 30th. Historically, for me its always a busy time, January is usually really good aswell but not a sniff as yet.....

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Finished the year really strong with 10 cars sold from the 21st to the 30th. Historically, for me its always a busy time, January is usually really good aswell but not a sniff as yet.....

Considering the time of year,the type of stock,the business model etc ,I am struggling to recall a better performance than that.The best I ever did was 37 from a trading estate unit,but it was mainly bread and butter stuff and we had about 5 staff and it was in springtime.....can anyone else come near to Arfur !

I was well refreshed on New Year’s Day but plenty of interest yesterday although many seem to want a £500 discount, a c.o.d. deal or are “coming at the weekend” - in that case why bother me on a Tuesday? :rolleyes:

2 gone today an Astra 2007 1.7 cdti Estate and a rather fruity Vectra 2006 xp 'T' in black making tracks down the 74 to new owners home in Carlisle.  More viewings planned for tomorrow so fingers crossed.

How is everyone else finding this week? Still dead here, hopefully next week it kicks into life for us!

6 sales, 4 deposits so far for us in Jan. Started off well.

1 today and a nice deal for all parties a 3.0 se Audi a4 2002 v6 quattro saloon in excellent honest conditon with genuine 93k 2 previous owners and the manual 6 speed box, just  wish someone will come in for the 60 plate Tiida priced 500 less lol

Edited by Ek cars

Finished on 3 this week not too bad January last year was a good one so I'm hoping the same again. 

Had a bundle of walk on's today...not one has so much as test driven let alone bought...

'Do you have any family cars?'

We have 50 Insignia, Mondeo, Focus, Astra, i30, 308s in stock right in front of your eyes madam.

'We really like it but we're looking for an automatic'

They'd been sat in our manual for 20 minutes.

Etc, etc, etc.

I really really hate this time of year and the people it brings out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Had a bundle of walk on's today...not one has so much as test driven let alone bought...

'Do you have any family cars?'

We have 50 Insignia, Mondeo, Focus, Astra, i30, 308s in stock right in front of your eyes madam.

'We really like it but we're looking for an automatic'

They'd been sat in our manual for 20 minutes.

Etc, etc, etc.

I really really hate this time of year and the people it brings out.

Similar customer earlier.

Looking at our CRV right miles age spec condition, after showing them around it for 10 mins............... they said well its everything we want but its not an auto so its a no, can we drive it though to give us an idea of how it is... well mr customer if you drove this and loved it would you consider buying this manual.... Customer no It has to be auto... then no im sorry there is no point in us going for a drive in it.

Had to explain to him we are not a Honda dealership and wont buy a crv auto in for stock.

Couldn't understand why we didn't want to drive him in a car he literally had not a interest in buying

Really busy here. 6 days in, 7 sold. 

I really don't have any stock left now, only managed to buy one this week! 

To be fair, we didn't expect to have such a good December, so the bulk of our stock was sold then.

40 minutes ago, Dan W said:

Similar customer earlier.

Looking at our CRV right miles age spec condition, after showing them around it for 10 mins............... they said well its everything we want but its not an auto so its a no, can we drive it though to give us an idea of how it is... well mr customer if you drove this and loved it would you consider buying this manual.... Customer no It has to be auto... then no im sorry there is no point in us going for a drive in it.

Had to explain to him we are not a Honda dealership and wont buy a crv auto in for stock.

Couldn't understand why we didn't want to drive him in a car he literally had not a interest in buying

What a spoil sport,they would have washed and leathered it off when they returned it !

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

What a spoil sport,they would have washed and leathered it off when they returned it !

Just reading the above makes my blood boil !  Time wasters, I absolutely hate them with a vengeance along with “middle lane” & “outside lane”  hoggers and the “last price m8” cretins. Don’t get me started 

18 hours ago, trade vet said:

Yes plus even put some fuel in !

......and paid you for your time. 

Free car hire to see what it’s like even though they won’t be buying yours! It makes you wonder what planet these arseholes are on - I wonder if they’d walk into Hertz & ask for a free spin out.

Tbh they don’t sound like Honda people, Honda punters are 99% genuine. That’s why when I start getting the “last price” email on a Honda I know I’m wasting my time cos a Honda man wants it right, will pay the going rate and wants to see the merchandise - rather like old school Volvo men from years ago.

Valid points.

they even said they had been looking at it on the website for a few days.... well why if its a Manual and you are not going to buy it.....

I just cant comprehend what goes on in peoples minds.