Grantlfc81

Thoughts on this car?

Just curious what everyone would be prepared to pay for this and sell it for?

pay £20k advertise for £23k?

IMG_5561.PNG

unless it has pan roof and the stereo upgrade, you will have to price it the same as the other 000s in the MB network / car supermarkets etc

Hi Grant

The guys on here don’t mind helping with general stuff about running your business but you have to do your own valuations.

Anyway,you say you are doing £1500-£5000 stuff,so why get involved with a £20k Merc,you will never retail that off your pitch.

As above, research the price in your area! There's always a lot of unsold mercs on BCA as "buy it nows" they must be hard work? 

I always stick to the same price point, always confuses me when i see garages with that kind of price point difference i am sure a customer who has 20-25k in there pocket expect to see similar stock for sale if gives them confidence to purchase.

Each to there own and all that but if you have 19 large burning a hole in your pocket i would be looking at going to town on the stuff you sell day in day out not a huge punt on a lumpy merc however sexy it may look.

I disagree i dont think it is unusual to stock 1 or 2 more expensive cars however you need to know they are the right cars. 

Twerp all premium plus come with pan roof, upgraded stereo, memory seats etc as standard.

Grant you should be ok with this if you keep it around 22k

Edited by Jon
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I always stick to the same price point, always confuses me when i see garages with that kind of price point difference i am sure a customer who has 20-25k in there pocket expect to see similar stock for sale if gives them confidence to purchase.

Each to there own and all that but if you have 19 large burning a hole in your pocket i would be looking at going to town on the stuff you sell day in day out not a huge punt on a lumpy merc however sexy it may look.

Dead right !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Dead right !

TOtally agree ,here's my reply I wrote ten minutes earlier to previous poster but this new toy I'm on has me beat I much prefer my filofax  

Sorry I don't get it

I'm assuming you see the big boys buying this stuff and want a piece of that club

It's not for me I know my place and my market and although my business has morphed many times this last 35 years I still use the same rule ,  k I s s ,if I try something different its under a much smaller budget than 19g so although I might lost a belt I've still got me trousers

Each to their own though but remember there's tax to pay next month unexpected bills and of course lean February

Just sayin 

2 hours ago, Jon said:

I disagree i dont think it is unusual to stock 1 or 2 more expensive cars however you need to know they are the right cars. 

Twerp all premium plus come with pan roof, upgraded stereo, memory seats etc as standard.

Grant you should be ok with this if you keep it around 22k

Thank you for your answer. I have re adjusted what I want to be selling and being in the heart of essex... Brentwood / Billericay this will sell no problem. I was just curious on people's price projections. This is a premium c250 and is the one to have.

im aiming to have 2 cars like this in the unit and 4-5 audis / Bmw around the 5-7k mark.

5 hours ago, justina3 said:

I'm with you... I would be looking at 4/5 cars to spread the risk and maximise the profit, of course you have to know your market but for me when I invest 20k I'm looking for al ot more return that 3k, especially after Mr VAT man takes his 20%.

You will also be competing against Mercedes PCP deals. 

2 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Thank you for your answer. I have re adjusted what I want to be selling and being in the heart of essex... Brentwood / Billericay this will sell no problem. I was just curious on people's price projections. This is a premium c250 and is the one to have.

im aiming to have 2 cars like this in the unit and 4-5 audis / Bmw around the 5-7k mark.

good luck to you fella you have bigger balls than me, as the classic saying goes "this time next year rodney"

Grant we are finding audis/Mercedes a lot easier to move than the more run of the mill cars at the minute, and we are trading from home.

Are you really trading £23K+ Mercs from home?

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Are you really trading £23K+ Mercs from home?

Tom Hartley does £230k+ from home

Edited by MrC

One 3k profit in a 20k car or four lots of 1.5k profit in four 5k cars?

I know where my money would be going!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

One 3k profit in a 20k car or four lots of 1.5k profit in four 5k cars?

I know where my money would be going!

5k cars will usually yield 1-2k. The Merc might sell immediately or it might sit around for 6 months or more depreciating @ £300 a month..... If it was as simple as you think we would all be doing the same. Don't buy cars just for vanity, you will get sick of seeing your 20k sat there doing absolutely nothing for you, when you have had numerous £500 PX's which you have flipped for £1500 in a few days, you will then appreciate you might not want 20k sat in a car which is waiting for a 20k cash buyer (not many of those around).

If you don’t do finance DON’T DO IT. You’ll be smoking it for the next 4 years :lol:

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

5k cars will usually yield 1-2k. The Merc might sell immediately or it might sit around for 6 months or more depreciating @ £300 a month..... If it was as simple as you think we would all be doing the same. Don't buy cars just for vanity, you will get sick of seeing your 20k sat there doing absolutely nothing for you, when you have had numerous £500 PX's which you have flipped for £1500 in a few days, you will then appreciate you might not want 20k sat in a car which is waiting for a 20k cash buyer (not many of those around).

...that was kinda my point.

In my book spreading your risk over multiple units is always the way to go.

We work heavily on developing a chain which is where the real money is IMO. Put £1500 in a 5k car, sell it and hopefully give 1k for the chopper which you can resell for £2500, take another chopper against it for a few hundred that you can knock out for £1500 and maybe even a final chopper you can trade to the local breaker/trader for a couple of hundred.

The more links in the chain the better. Cash flow is the important consideration because that original 5k can sit tied up for months but you get a healthy chunk out of each link in the chain. 

Point is with one 20k Merc you're only getting one part ex...with four 5k cars you're potentially getting loads of choppers you can resell and earn from.

• Like 2

Re chain I call them (strings). They can go on for 5/6 cars, after the 1st deal the car owes you no money, it’s profit all the way.

Spreading the risk is wise advice. You don’t already know your market, you’ll need to learn it....

I wouldn't do it. (Well I would because it's the sort of stuff I would sell) but I wouldn't be trying to sell a £20k repmobile from home if your other stock is around the £5k mark and can't offer finance. (going on from the above posts).

Pay £20k for it and advertise it at £23k..

Sits on your drive for a month, reduce it down to £22500.

Other dealers offer finance.

Minimum of £500 in costs

I really wouldn't do it. 

I've tried with this sort of car and it doesn't work unless it is atleast £1k less than the main dealer. 

We typically sell £20k-£50k cars and get people asking us to sell circa £100k cars for them, It just doesn't fit if you only have one at that price point.

Look on AT and see how long similar cars have been for sale. There are so many C-class Mercs around now that it's very hard to distinguish between the specs.

Edited by rich89

10 hours ago, rich89 said:

I've tried with this sort of car and it doesn't work unless it is atleast £1k less than the main dealer. 

You need one with a different spec than run of the mill that tempts them to give you a try - You can then rival main dealer price by having the nicer car.

Us independents generally give better service than the main dealers with most customers you can get them to tell you about a bad experience with a main dealer have a laugh about it  and win the business.

• Like 1