GreenGiant

Has anyone checked their stock on the gov.uk Vehicle Enquiry website?

I just checked a few of mine and they are coming up as either still taxed (ex-Motability especially), Untaxed or SORN.

None of them are 'passed to Trade'

Should I/we be concerned?

Interesting and no surprise they haven[t got it right ( I've just had to pay £35 because they lost the notification that we sold my wife's car, apparently there is no appeal, i'm livid)

How long have you had those ones in stock and did you personally put them in trade? 

Although i think that SORN is how the taxation class will come up even in trade. I think the "in trade" status relates to its ownership status, not its trade status. As the system hasn't officially changed yet, i imagine they are SORN or not still?

How long have you had those ones in stock and did you personally put them in trade? 

Nothing over 45 days old boy  ;)

We don't put them into trade - it's the responsibility of the previous keeper. 

Interestingly, I've checked a few more and all of those cars that the yellow slip has been deffo sent to the DVLA, ie passed to Trade, are showing as SORNed (is that a word?).

However, the following appears on the DVLA website:

Motor traders

You don’t need to make a SORN on a vehicle if you’re a motor trader or vehicle tester and all the following apply:

• it’s only temporarily in your possession (until you sell it)
  • it’s being kept at your business premises
  • the registered keeper has notified DVLA that the vehicle has been sold or transferred to you

So, what's occurring?

Isn't SORN a different beast from Trade with restrictions on use?

Being the DVLA, the tax classification and the owner classification are two things... So for its ownership status its either, In trade or with a keeper. But for its tax status its either taxed, not taxed or SORN.

Once the new system is in place all "in trade" cars will ( or should) be classified as "SORN" base don the previous owner saying its sold to trade.... 

But yes, its still confusing and i bet the first story of an attempted fine appears here within a few weeks of it going live...

I could be pedantic and say that you should be saying 'keeper' rather than 'owner', but I won't cos I'm not like that.