Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Right to Reject clause on sales receipt

Does anyone have the wording for a Sales Receipt that states something along the lines of... if a customer uses their Right to Reject, they must return the car to the seller's premises?

I have someone who is buying a car unseen and is shipping it abroad, and I don't want to be responsible for return costs should they reject it. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Does anyone have the wording for a Sales Receipt that states something along the lines of... if a customer uses their Right to Reject, they must return the car to the seller's premises?

I have someone who is buying a car unseen and is shipping it abroad, and I don't want to be responsible for return costs should they reject it. Thanks

I understand it is my responsibility to return the vehicle to the seller in the event that I require a statutory repair or wish to exercise my right to reject. 

you must get them to sign whatever you propose and get it right so you don't take away their legal rights

basically use as many words as you please but get them to sign it that it is a legally binding contract and no signature means no sale

you are better to walk now than 10 months down the line if you are having second thoughts

If it’s going abroad I wouldn’t give a f***.

• Like 1

It's actually part of the consumers legal obligation under rights of refusal.  A dealer must be given a chance to repair the vehicle but it doesn't specify how the vehicle is to be returned.  It can be added within a documented invoice but should be set aside / apart from the detailed invoice so the customer is aware of what he is signing.  If it is not added within a documentation I wouldn't worry too much as it would be viewed that the customer did their research on how far away the garage was from them and took on the responsibility of returning the vehicle said distance should any faults arise.

Unless the deal was done by DSR?  If so, provide him a refund on his deposit when he collects the vehicle and make him pay the full amount on site.  Even if it is being sold abroad.

Selling abroad we ALWAYS state on the invoice it is being sold to TRADE - WITHOUT WARRANTY and include the original price and sale discount.

If no discount - SOLD AS SPARES OR REPAIR.

Must be bold and obvious on the invoice.

quite simply on my invoice, my address and phone number and the words "to contact in first instance " its not misleading, its not withdrawing there rights, and if, they do contact me, they will be told to let me have the opportunity to inspect,repair it. etc etc bla bla you know the rest :)

You can cover yourself as much as you like,but if you get to a small claims court,the bottom line is,judges don’t like car dealers .

13 hours ago, tradex said:

Well yes, but in our experience they hate a liar more so.

If you do the job properly, have responded to the customer correctly with reason in all respects and the worst happens, a decent papertrail goes a long way to prove to someone, whom hasn't met either party before that fateful day, that you are a sound dealer.

Your mileage may differ.

B)

The last time I was defending a small claims case,I proved the claimant had been adding chip fat to his diesel,so I explained to the judge that was why I did not want to pay for new injectors.We were sent out for half an hour,then the judge returned and disagreed !,I don’t think he understood. During the wait,our customer said he thought he had lost the case.

I had a better example of car dealer discrimination early this year.I got a Police notice of intended prosecution for speeding approaching roadworks in my company car.I had complained that it made no sense as there was no reduced speed limit signs in place.Several months later,the company was   then summonsed to appear at the magistrates not for speeding but for the offence of not correctly completing the Notice of Intended Prosecution .I looked at my copy and it looked perfectly OK to me,so I just went along to court on my own ( wrong move).On the form it had asked for the full  name and addresses of the directors of the company.So I had stated my full name and home address together  with the words ‘and my wife ‘who I described  as co director stating only her first name followed by the words  ‘the same address’.I pleaded not guilty on behalf of the company.We were found guilty because I had not fully  stated my wife’s surname and home address.

So I will leave it to you guys to hazard a guess how much we were fined for this clerical error and when I provide the answer you can decide if car dealer discrimination was involved.

9 minutes ago, tradex said:

Yup, agreed, good examples, we had a similar one with a diesel on wrong fuel that we lost after a 21 day deliberation, go figure?

One can only do one's best I guess

How the hell can they come to that conclusion? I think I’d of requested a retrial and cited the court’s serious misunderstanding of automotive electro-mechanical systems, or some such shit. 

Yes I ask all customers to sign a disclaimer stating that they have received 2 sets of keys & LW Nut key, PDI sheet and it has been explained to them, been shown all controls in car, have inspected the car before collection and in the event they wish to reject the car or get repairs done it must returned to me, Belt and braces I'm afraid since the CRA came along.

Had a chap collect a Saab 9-3 off me last week and a long drive back to top of Scotland. Rang me 5 hours later, kicking off big style saying the passenger side mirror glass had flew off whilst driving home???? Sorry about that Mr customer not something I checked other than made sure it went up and down off the switch. Not a problem though I will send one out to you in the post as they just stick on, 2 minute job. Not good enough why should I have to fix it, should of been checked blah blah blah. After 10 minutes of getting no where I asked him to read the disclaimer he had signed and he would need to return the car  to me for repair.

Never heard back from him....as I say belt and braces.

54 minutes ago, Beautiful South Martin said:

Yes I ask all customers to sign a disclaimer stating that they have received 2 sets of keys & LW Nut key, PDI sheet and it has been explained to them, been shown all controls in car, have inspected the car before collection and in the event they wish to reject the car or get repairs done it must returned to me, Belt and braces I'm afraid since the CRA came along.

Had a chap collect a Saab 9-3 off me last week and a long drive back to top of Scotland. Rang me 5 hours later, kicking off big style saying the passenger side mirror glass had flew off whilst driving home???? Sorry about that Mr customer not something I checked other than made sure it went up and down off the switch. Not a problem though I will send one out to you in the post as they just stick on, 2 minute job. Not good enough why should I have to fix it, should of been checked blah blah blah. After 10 minutes of getting no where I asked him to read the disclaimer he had signed and he would need to return the car  to me for repair.

Never heard back from him....as I say belt and braces.

He’s a Saab punter,don’t hold your breath...

It’s not the fact he’s a Saab man, it’s the fact he’s a Jock so he’ll have an axe to grind with anyone south of the border. :lol:

From what I can gather all you Jocks now hate us English thanks to the delightful Nicola Sturgeon’s efforts. 

I'm a Scot

Nippie Sweetie as we call her up here, she's a Cnut, rearrange the letters, anyone with any intellect knows she's a Cnut, please don't tar us all with the same brush, I have to pay more tax than an Englishman as a higher rate taxpayer .... Thanks to the Cnut.

9 hours ago, AVI_8 said:

I'm a Scot

Nippie Sweetie as we call her up here, she's a Cnut, rearrange the letters, anyone with any intellect knows she's a Cnut, please don't tar us all with the same brush, I have to pay more tax than an Englishman as a higher rate taxpayer .... Thanks to the Cnut.

Higher rate tax payers are worse off in Scotland ? Would you mind explaining that please .

11 hours ago, AVI_8 said:

I'm a Scot

You are calling the Marmite Lady  something useful!

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Higher rate tax payers are worse off in Scotland ? Would you mind explaining that please .

Because the 40% bracket is moving north over the coming years in England a bit at a time, in Scotland it's staying the same, probably to maintain the payments for their ridiculously expensive parliament building where they all congregate to talk a load of sh1te

1 hour ago, AVI_8 said:

Because the 40% bracket is moving north over the coming years in England a bit at a time, in Scotland it's staying the same, probably to maintain the payments for their ridiculously expensive parliament building where they all congregate to talk a load of sh1te

I see,currently higher rate in Scotland appears to start at £43k rather than £45k.I think that is a good deal considering the subsidies Scots can get .I am thinking free university tuition and free nursing home care etc.there may be others....no offence !

I used to think the union was great but I’ve had a belly full of the whinging over the last decade that now I’d be happy to give Sturgeon & Salmond their wish. I’d insist on a physical border, they can start their own monetary system & any jock taking our shilling south of the border would be given a one-way ticket to find work in their own bonnie land and the country would not get a penny in subsidies - it would have to survive on its own. Within 5 years there’d be tumbleweed blowing along Edinburgh’s Royal Mile.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:46 PM, trade vet said:

You can cover yourself as much as you like,but if you get to a small claims court,the bottom line is,judges don’t like car dealers .

If you do everything by the book,don't be scared to go to court,I've been a few times not lost one and the look on the punters face is priceless.

Hi Avon Valley

100% record,you must be good.Would it be possible for you to recount one or two of these victories.